America's Tribute to Bob Hope with Lucille Ball

Annaleigh

OMG, did you just crawl out from under a rock, Lucy's been in many many waxed versions in several museums over the decades, including the famous Madame Tussaud's.

Really? I honestly had no idea, would love to see some photos if anyone has of her in wax form.

Really? I honestly had no idea, would love to see some photos if anyone has of her in wax form.

oh all of you shut ziup! lol i was jus kidding.

I think I found another from that night and she looks great. But Im looking for that pic of her sitting down by herself on the couch showing her dress.

I loved that one!!

Surely you jest, i've seen several on the net myself, one i think is the Hollywood Museum, you realize we are talking about one of the most famous women in the world, right? How could she NOT be immortalized in WAX?

oh all of you shut ziup! lol i was jus kidding.

I think I found another from that night and she looks great. But Im looking for that pic of her sitting down by herself on the couch showing her dress.

I loved that one!!

If it's the one i'm talking about, she looks like she's in soft focus, all regal like, just beautiful, same as the clip shown by Droopy Drawers and YOUR pic also. By the way, did i thank you for putting that up? LOL! :lucythrill:

Surely you jest, i've seen several on the net myself, one i think is the Hollywood Museum, you realize we are talking about one of the most famous women in the world, right? How could she NOT be immortalized in WAX?

Seriously, I didn't know, but I did just have a look then and I must say they are pretty awful the ones I saw on google. Look nothing like her. But yes, in answer to your question, she is the most famous woman in the world :peachonthebeach: hehe

BUT, you're an expert, doesn't that pic like it was NOT photoshopped? She looked terrific, and exactly the same on the telecast and THAT was not photoshopped and if it was, why wouldn't they have removed the one wrinkled area under her eyes?

Maybe because if they erased any more they'd have taken her eye right off!! Come on, of the millions of pics you've seen of our hero you can't tell this has been airbrushed??! And it's from the 80s -- you really think she still looked that "wrinkle-free" by then?? Note the crease you usually see around her mouth prominently -- especially when she's smiling as she is here -- is totally erased! Also, for reference, have you never seen any pre- and post-airbrushed promo pics from "Mame"?? And that was a good dozen or so years earlier?? The difference is literally night and day.

And yes, she's definitely wearing the full skullcap/wig combo -- always did at this point when getting "done up" for television! lucyeww.JPG

Maybe because if they erased any more they'd have taken her eye right off!! Come on, of the millions of pics you've seen of our hero you can't tell this has been airbrushed??! And it's from the 80s -- you really think she still looked that "wrinkle-free" by then?? Note the crease you usually see around her mouth prominently -- especially when she's smiling as she is here -- is totally erased! Also, for reference, have you never seen any pre- and post-airbrushed promo pics from "Mame"?? And that was a good dozen or so years earlier?? The difference is literally night and day.

And yes, she's definitely wearing the full skullcap/wig combo -- always did at this point when getting "done up" for television! lucyeww.JPG

Ok, let me try this one more time, it looks to me like that particular shot was NOT photoshopped because when i saw her on tv that night, she looked so friggin incredible that i thought either they have a special Barabara Walters lens on there (IT DOES EXIST) and it makes all the wrinkles go away, and as you point out, when she wore the skull cap under the wig, it erased everything wrinkle wise and when she gained weight, she looked younger, whereas at the Night of 100 stars, she's skinny as hell and looks awful. Of course i've seen the awful shots from Mame of before and after and i've also seen the candid shots in Tannen's book and Brochu's also at the end, without make up, and without her LUCY signature LOOK and she looked her age. Correction: She did NOT A L W A Y S wear the sjull cap thing, especially not at public events, like the Oscars, the All Star Tribute to herself and here at the Hope gala, imagine the horror is a crazed fan ever pulled off her wig, it would be like Susan Hayward in Valley of the Dolls when Patty Duke flushes it down the toilet. Funny that Lucy was considered for that role, replacing a drugged out Judy Garland. But that was shot BEFORE Patty's affair with Desi jr, right? Anyhoo, getting back to Lucia, grape stomper afficianado, she looked about the same as skinny marink reagan next to her so who cares, i just loved the touched up picture and at least could dream she still looked like that at her age. The curse of the beautiful people strikes again, we just cannot accept our gorgeous idols losing their looks in old age, BUT she looks great to me any time, with wrinkles prominent as she was even more beautiful to me inside and out, i'm done. What she accomplished in entertainment and the joy she gave to the world mean more to me than how she looked at the end of her life.

• 2 years later...

Archived