Still on Stone Pillow

Spent some in between time trying to Edit Stone Pillow to show it on Youtube with some special pics, but I could not get over how much of a difference there was in the correction. If I had the option, Id put it out in an re-release. I think Stone Pillow deserves so much attention, and credit- for Lucy's performance, her attention to the characters details, and the story alone-but the DVD doesn't appreciate it in the release at all- I think it needs a re-release with interviews, pictures, and behind the scenes info from surviving cast and crew members etc. A conversion to HD and enhancement- the works! It was Lucys last movie, and it was a good one, IMO10464278_505798399520631_638877723472182

Heres also a rare short clip of Walter Lassally talking about working with Lucy...

http://www.webofstories.com/play/walter.lassally/254;jsessionid=7DC90DDEE071AB6409363364D6E187DA

so you enhanced those stills yourself? The quality of the dvd is not very good picture. It looks like it was transferred over from the original master tape. I love her face in the second still. lol. And that was an interesting story that Walter said, about how Lucille was pretty upset that they had to cancel shooting for the day because the star fainted. Was she upset that they didn't do work, or that they COULDN'T do work? And "I can't go around shouting BEER, BEER! I shall call you Baker."

so you enhanced those stills yourself? The quality of the dvd is not very good picture. It looks like it was transferred over from the original master tape. I love her face in the second still. lol. And that was an interesting story that Walter said, about how Lucille was pretty upset that they had to cancel shooting for the day because the star fainted. Was she upset that they didn't do work, or that they COULDN'T do work? And "I can't go around shouting BEER, BEER! I shall call you Baker."

These are screen caps of the video editing- so its actually video footage I was editing. it made a WORLD of difference- not only to the look of the film, but to the story overall-it was a little easier to follow the night scenes. 

I remember TV being so dark back in the days. Shows like Hunter, seemed to be shot in this ultra dark film, where everything looked so dark-21 Jump Street was kind of the same for me- so I guess Stone Pillow was shot the same way, dark0 simply raising the brightness shows what should be easily seen from a normal lens- notice the trash can at the l;sat picture- The word,"no" seems to be just floating in the back ground. Once its edited, you can easily see, its a green dumpster with graffiti on it. 

Archived