Lucy In the Music World

So just because it takes place in 1965 with Go go dancers and a ripoff of Shindig shouldn't make it "dated" and painful to watch. It bugs me how people don't like it just because of how "dated" it is. In that case, every single episode of Lucy's shows that were created should be dated.

In subsequent episodes, what happened to Lucy's job with Mr. Miller? Is it ever mentioned again? Was this episode just filler? (See what I did there?) And during the dress rehearsal, none of the singers' lips are in sync with the music. I also never caught the lyrics. "Cause we're the Torch bear-rers, and we're on Wingding!"

At a point where continuity was scarce.

The whole flight attendant job arc is my most confusing. The training, the flight and then graduation. Why did she not continue on with this? Boredom, fear of flying, did she miss Mr. Mooney, did she have a bad experience meeting Mr. Right and couldn't fly anymore as it gave her bad memories, was she fired for consistently messing up the movie? So many questions.

I guess in The Lucy Show, 2 episodes DO constitute an arc.  I never thought about continuing on as a part-time flight attendant, but that might have been a good diversion.  Anything to get her out of that stuffy bank.  Only problem would have been to work Gale Gordon into the stories.  And since further regular appearances by Carol Bradford (was that her last name in this one?) were out, Mary Jane could have been Lucy's co-hort in the air. Given more to do and with a character that had a little backbone, Mary Jane could have been developed into a worthy sidekick.

Yes, at least Lucy Carmichael's experiences at the Pop Record Company were mentioned in another episode but what of the record that Barney Miller was going to release of "My Trousseau"?  Would the kids who were buying "I'm a Fool" be interested in the Carmichael and Tinker duo?  (Maybe they could have opened for Dino, Desi and Billy!)

Lucy's allegiance to "Pop" was short-lived because when she discovered Wayne Newton, he was courted by the MORTON Record Company.  I would like to have seen "Music World" developed into an arc.

At a point where continuity was scarce.

The whole flight attendant job arc is my most confusing. The training, the flight and then graduation. Why did she not continue on with this? Boredom, fear of flying, did she miss Mr. Mooney, did she have a bad experience meeting Mr. Right and couldn't fly anymore as it gave her bad memories, was she fired for consistently messing up the movie? So many questions.

I love the last Lucy Show the best of series last shows excluding Mother of the Bride since it wasn't really the last filmed but the stewardess shows could have been the series finale with Lucy leaving to go on to new adventures without Mooney though it is funnier they were still stuck together at the end.  I love music and would have like more tie ins to her job in the music world which would have helped to bring in guest stars who are singers.  

Archived