Lucie joins national tour of Pippin

Brock

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question asked on the Bway boards concerning Andrea and the trapeze act. Two answers posted about that below.

While the Players near by appear to be casually relaxing and enjoying the scene, they are actually on high alert to leap to catch her, likely sitting in such a way they could propel themselves under her. Since the Players are trained acrobats, they have an instinct when they can see a pending issue, and perhaps Yannick -- Berthe's partner at the time -- had some type of alert system if something wasn't right. If Yannick was losing his grip, it wouldn't be an instant thing, maybe there would be a few seconds allowing counter actions to take place?

I spoke to Ms Martin about this at the stage door during previews, and she said, as you mentioned, that she found it very safe because there were actors on the ground

ready to catch her if necessary.

From Locale Magazine:

"Show-biz royalty Lucie Arnaz’s portrayal of Pippin’s hausfrau mother, Berthe, has the entire audiences’ faces locked in permanent smiles. Then, magically, Arnaz rips off her house dress revealing a pair of gams any 20-year-old would envy. The crowd goes wild as Arnaz flies through the air with the greatest of ease. Her graceful high swinging trapeze act (while singing her anthem, “No Time at All”) without a net is an “applaud till your hands hurt” moment. Arnaz says, “There’s an adrenaline rush being out there every night, unlike anything I’ve ever experienced in my life.” The audience feels the same way, watching her with bated breath."

http://localemagazine.com/pippin-segerstrom-center-for-the-arts/

• 1 month later...

Archived