Lucy on Dean Martin Show

Will

Found this great cameo of Lucy on the Dean Martin Show where she is hilarious and beautiful.  He is so fun and you can see he enjoyed being with Lucy.  Must be in 1971 but I cannot find on imdb when this was.  Notice she was on his 1968 Christmas show.  I only remember her great 1966 appearance and in 1970 she was in Call Me sketch of celebrities doing short skits with Petula Clark singing.

Wow! I did not know she was on Dean's series other than the (as you say, and I agree)GREAT 1966 appearance. I'm not familiar with Dean's show, but I assume the "who's in the closet?" segment featured cameos on a weekly basis.

BUT what's this "Call Me" segment you're talking about? Have you seen it?

I don't suppose it's Pet singing and Lucy providing the waa-waa pedal-like background gimmick?

From what I've seen of Dean's show, it had a spontaneous quality that's appealing. For someone who walked through the show once, if that, before going before the cameras, he does a pretty good job of keeping up although his lack of knowing what's going on ties into his schtick as a drinker. Legend has it that his three-sheets to the wind thing was more of an act than not although it's pretty darn convincing.

"The Dean martin Show" was one of those (maybe the first) show to be taped piece-meal style and edited together, courtesy of George "ruin-er of television variety shows" Schlatter. For Lucy's 1966 appearance, it's doubtful that Lucy and Kate Smith were there on the same day as Rowan and Martin, Bill Cosby and "Tiny Little", the morbidly obese (but very talented) piano player.

In their three major appearances together, they make a good team. I love all three INCLUDING "Lucy Gets Lucky". I detect an ever-so-slight and all-in-good-taste sexual energy between the two. Lucy seems more feminine around him.

I detect an ever-so-slight and all-in-good-taste sexual energy between the two. Lucy seems more feminine around him.

I think this is probably why his LS appearance makes that episode my favorite. Lucy pulled off sexy, adorable and funny all fabulously in that episode.

In Lucy Gets Lucky I love the shot of them walking to the plane at the end. Let's hope Lucy real did get lucky on that plane ride home.

In Lucy Gets Lucky I love the shot of them walking to the plane at the end. Let's hope Lucy real did get lucky on that plane ride home.

Wasn't he still married to Jeannie at the time?

This could have been the final straw the drove Mrs. Martin into the arms of the son of another redhead.

We have to assume that LA resident Lucy Collins knew nothing about the Lucille Ball Lookalike Contest of the previous year because the results certainly would have been a tie, with Collins getting the passenger seat of the luxury sports car and 4 of the 8 tracks on the tape player.

• 4 months later...

I think this is probably why his LS appearance makes that episode my favorite. Lucy pulled off sexy, adorable and funny all fabulously in that episode.

Funny that out of those two specials with Dino and Gleason, the main thing i remember is yes, walking to the plane for Lucy Gets Lucky and then dancing with Gleason at the end of their special, out of character and looking sensational.

Funny that out of those two specials with Dino and Gleason, the main thing i remember is yes, walking to the plane for Lucy Gets Lucky and then dancing with Gleason at the end of their special, out of character and looking sensational.

It's a nice shot, until you realize she's getting on the plane to literally get lucky lol!

I like to think it was. Those 2 were just so damn good together.

In my warped mind, i like to think she had everybody in the Rat Pack at one time or another, Sinatra loved to bed women, and Sammy was kinky, but Dino had it all, a charmer with a curly sense of humor, they were made for each other.  If only she had gotten the pizza man instead of the bagel guy.  

In my warped mind, i like to think she had everybody in the Rat Pack at one time or another, Sinatra loved to bed women, and Sammy was kinky, but Dino had it all, a charmer with a curly sense of humor, they were made for each other. If only she had gotten the pizza man instead of the bagel guy.

I think I'm not the only one with overacting hormones...

Archived