Kup's Show

38 minutes ago, Neil said:

Where can we see this?

Lucy the pill popper.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPTrKYHYUk/

39 minutes ago, Neil said:

The morally conservative Beverly Hills matron of 1976 is a far cry from the wild teenager keeping time with a much older member of the Jamestown mafia!  Lucy refers to unauthorized biographies.  Other than the Morella/Epstein bio released in 1974, what books is she referring to?   

First off, I'm cracking up at that first sentence because it's so true.

There was the Harris book in 54' and the way it reads seemed like Lucy and Desi worked with Eleanor for the bio. Also her name is used on the series, so it doesn't seem unauthorized to me.  I have Lucy again talking about those unauthorized bios in a print interview. Let me see if I can dig it up and see what year it was. 

People Magazine 1980.

Have you read any of the biographies that have been written about you?

They’re all unauthorized. I read the first two pages of one, and it was so shocking. About me leaving Jamestown, N.Y. at 14 and becoming a hooker. They didn’t say hooker, but they intimated it. I thought, “Christ, I gotta see where they get this.” They never substantiated anything they said.

Will you write your own book?

I don’t think you should write a book until you tell the absolute truth. You can’t do that until you’re 85, and I don’t want to live that long. I’ve always prided myself on knowing when to get off and I hope it works out that way.

"Lucy the Pill Popper"

Sounds like a Here's Lucy episode title to me.   Lucy's  inadvertent  "drug of choice" was usually alcohol, but she got high on sea sick pills in "Staten Island Ferry"; sleeping pills on Ann Sothern's show; muscle relaxers in  "Ring-a-Ding"; speed (meth?) in "Lucy Gets Involved".   Have I left any out?

• Haha 1