Amy Arnaz 1951 - 2015

Brock

So sad to hear this, she seemed like such a lovely person.  Several years ago I posted a "Happy Birthday" message to Desi on his IMDb page and Amy responded thanking me and telling me she would pass on my best wishes to Desi.  I was stunned - no celebrity has ever responded like that to me on IMDb.  She was truly a class act all the way through.  My condolences to Desi and all of her loved ones. 

Amy's obituary. :(

AMY ARNAZ Amy Laura Arnaz, age 63, of Boulder City, passed away Jan. 23, 2015, surrounded by family. She will be remembered as a loving wife, mother, friend to all, and an extraordinary dance teacher. She was born Sept. 12, 1951, in Chicago, to Charles and Libby Kral Bargiel. She married Desi Arnaz Jr. Oct. 8, 1987. She moved to Boulder City from Las Vegas in 1979. Amy was the founder of Dance Etc. and Boulder City Ballet Company, where she taught thousands of people to love dance as she did. She was the owner of Boulder Theatre and loved the arts. She was a woman of strong faith and was part of the New Life Foundation, based on the writings of spiritual author Vernon Howard. Amy is survived by her husband, Desi Arnaz Jr.; her daughter, Haley of Boulder City; a brother, Tom (Gloria) Bargiel; a sister, Lisa Bargiel; and a niece, Desiree Bargiel. Family will be holding private services. Family and friends may sign an online memorial guestbook at www.bouldercityfamilymortuary.com

The guest book does not appear to be active yet, but this would be the perfect place to leave our condolences for the family mourning this lovely lady.

Amy's obituary. :(

AMY ARNAZ Amy Laura Arnaz, age 63, of Boulder City, passed away Jan. 23, 2015, surrounded by family. She will be remembered as a loving wife, mother, friend to all, and an extraordinary dance teacher. She was born Sept. 12, 1951, in Chicago, to Charles and Libby Kral Bargiel. She married Desi Arnaz Jr. Oct. 8, 1987. She moved to Boulder City from Las Vegas in 1979. Amy was the founder of Dance Etc. and Boulder City Ballet Company, where she taught thousands of people to love dance as she did. She was the owner of Boulder Theatre and loved the arts. She was a woman of strong faith and was part of the New Life Foundation, based on the writings of spiritual author Vernon Howard. Amy is survived by her husband, Desi Arnaz Jr.; her daughter, Haley of Boulder City; a brother, Tom (Gloria) Bargiel; a sister, Lisa Bargiel; and a niece, Desiree Bargiel. Family will be holding private services. Family and friends may sign an online memorial guestbook at www.bouldercityfamilymortuary.com

The guest book does not appear to be active yet, but this would be the perfect place to leave our condolences for the family mourning this lovely lady.

Thanks for that Brock, and your picture avatar of the fine lady, well, you outdid yourself for that one and she surely deserved the tribute.  Just beautiful.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that it was just too soon for him for a wedding. My sister in law lost her husband unexpectedly 3 years ago. Her cousin got married last year and this was the first family wedding since he died and she cried during the whole ceremony and the whole day was just hard on her.

Everyone has there own time frame on this and that is my hunch with why he didn't attend.

I think that it was just too soon for him for a wedding. My sister in law lost her husband unexpectedly 3 years ago. Her cousin got married last year and this was the first family wedding since he died and she cried during the whole ceremony and the whole day was just hard on her.

Everyone has there own time frame on this and that is my hunch with why he didn't attend.

Good call. I'm with you. :D

Archived