Hey Look Me Over-Lucy, Valerie, Dinah

Neil

I think I've heard Danny Kaye use that new verse. This is such a treat to get to hear Lucy and Val sing a song from Wildcat together again, not to mention Dinah. I can never tell what is being said in the little duet part. All I can make out with certainty is "We'll take an acre; We'll take an inch" anybody know the exact part?

Interesting as they didn't make the cut on the original recording.

Just watching them do this and everyone doing their correct part is a giveaway this is planned.  Not like Lucy still couldn't protest.

Like i said before, i think she protested to offset her insecurity about singing next to a real singer.

I think I've heard Danny Kaye use that new verse. This is such a treat to get to hear Lucy and Val sing a song from Wildcat together again, not to mention Dinah. I can never tell what is being said in the little duet part. All I can make out with certainty is "We'll take an acre; We'll take an inch" anybody know the exact part?

When it ends and you see the choices of what you want to see or hear next, there's Danny, Judy, even Bea, everybody doing their version.  Sorry, can't help you with the lyrics, never been BIG on those, i'm more music than lyrics same as i care more about picture than sound when watching anything on tv.

Good that she broke her finger?????  You sadist!  LOL!  Well, she probably just sprained it and embellished the story, as usual, a Leo trait.

No, I should have known it'd lose something in the translation! "Good!" as in how she responded when Ricky asked, "Have you got a friend at the telegraph office??" :lucywow:

"Looky, looky

here folks

dear folks

we're, folks, here

To lease a hill

Or in a pinch

We'll take an acre

We'll take an inch

and make it pay.

So whaddya say

We give the Wildcat

a hip hooray-ay-ay"

I think Lucy was telling Valerie that when she beat the drum ("Ya gotta beat the drum, Janie. Ya gotta say "here we come" POW POW") she broke a nail.  I never heard she broke or sprained her finger.

"Looky, looky

here folks

dear folks

we're, folks, here

To lease a hill

Or in a pinch

We'll take an acre

We'll take an inch

and make it pay.

So whaddya say

We give the Wildcat

a hip hooray-ay-ay"

I think Lucy was telling Valerie that when she beat the drum ("Ya gotta beat the drum, Janie. Ya gotta say "here we come" POW POW") she broke a nail.  I never heard she broke or sprained her finger.

Thank you! I always thought in the fourth line she was saying "queer folks"! :vanda:

not that there's anything wrong with that :peachonthebeach:

"Looky, looky

here folks

dear folks

we're, folks, here

To lease a hill

Or in a pinch

We'll take an acre

We'll take an inch

and make it pay.

So whaddya say

We give the Wildcat

a hip hooray-ay-ay"

Yeah, guess you're right, i just don't read lips like i used to.