The I Love Lucy Superstar Special -- Sunday, May 17 on CBS!

Desiluforever

Other episodes I'd like to see colorized are...

"The Diet"

"The Audition"

"Pioneer Women"

"The Freezer"

"Lucy Does a TV Commercial"

"The Operetta"

"Lucy is Enceinte"

"Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress"

"The Fashion Show"

"California, Here We Come"

"Redecorating the Mertzes' Apartment"

"Lucy Misses the Mertzes"

Other episodes I'd like to see colorized are...

"The Diet"

"The Audition"

"Pioneer Women"

"The Freezer"

"The Operetta"

"Lucy is Enceinte"

"Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress"

"The Fashion Show"

"California, Here We Come"

"Redecorating the Mertzes' Apartment"

"Lucy Misses the Mertzes"

I could add about 160 others as i want the whole series.

• Like 1

JYuhas, on 20 Apr 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

TJW:

Sorry, I guess what I'm really trying to ask is this...

1.) Did the colorists use any, some or all of the color's of the replica of the Ricardo's Beverly Palm's Hotel Apartment Suite, thar was part of the 50th anniversary tour, and is now an exhibit, on display at The Lucy Desi Museum, in Jamestown, New York, and will tit be seen on The "LA at Last" episode, of The "I Love Lucy" Superstar Special?

2.) Did the colorists use any, some or all of the color's, in the "I Love Lucy" still color photograps from the Ricardo's Beverly Palm's Hotel Apartment Suite interior? Do the still color photographs, from the set replica, of the 50th anniversary tour, reflect colors that were used on tbe show? Are theybthe same, or are they diffrent and different than what's from the exhibit, on display at The Lucy Desi Museum, in Jamestown, New York? Will they be seen on The "LA at Last" episode, of The "I Love Lucy" Superstar Special?

3.) Is Lucy's Hollywood Disguise Outfit and Accessories the same colors, that Elois Jenson designed, and is in The Official "I Love Lucy" Paper Dolls Book? I'm talking about the black rhinestone-encrusted housecoat, lounging slacks, scarf, eyeglasses, etc.

My goodness, let the man breathe!

• Like 2

I wouldn't really like to see season one episodes colorized. There's something about that apartment and those episodes that just work so well being black and white. I'm all for colorization, but now that I think about it, season one deserves to be preserved as historically as it was filmed!

• Like 1

I wouldn't really like to see season one episodes colorized. There's something about that apartment and those episodes that just work so well being black and white. I'm all for colorization, but now that I think about it, season one deserves to be preserved as historically as it was filmed!

"I Love Lucy" Season One episodes I'd like to see colorized are...

"The Diet"

"The Audition"

"Pioneer Women"

"The Freezer"

Amen to that! That actually sounds highly logical to me. Color would add nothing to that season, especially.

• Like 2

Amen to that! That actually sounds highly logical to me. Color would add nothing to that season, especially.

Well, B U L L Y for you two!  LOL!  It would add a lot, and bringing them to a whole new audience is certainly the main reason besides the one about making it watchable for those of us who have seen them too often over the decades and would kill for some new reason to watch every minute of each show.

• Like 1

Well, B U L L Y for you two!  LOL!  It would add a lot, and bringing them to a whole new audience is certainly the main reason besides the one about making it watchable for those of us who have seen them too often over the decades and would kill for some new reason to watch every minute of each show.

Lucie and Desi Jr. accepts it why not everyone else! As Desi Sr. once said that Lucy is funny either ways.

What I'd like to know is the order CBS plans to run these two episodes.  I'm hoping L.A. at Last! will run first before Lucy and Superman as the Superman episode has some slow moments, and some people might tune out before the second half hour.

I agree.  But they usually lead with the slower one and build to the winner which is certainly L A At Last in this case.  I had the same thought when watching that lousy Christmas ep and praying the general public would stay for the winner that followed, but it was playing at Christmas so i understand why they had to lead with that one, LOL!

Lucie and Desi Jr. accepts it why not everyone else! As Desi Sr. once said that Lucy is funny either ways.

I just don't see the need to mess with perfection. Should we give the Mona Lisa a makeover to conform to modern standards of beauty? I just wish people were more willing to accept things as they are and stop demanding that everything be tailored for them. And I wish advertisers would b the same!

Oh, and speaking of advertisements,  I wonder if an advertisement will be shown during The "I Love Lucy" Superstar SPECIALarrow-10x10.png, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 2 Blu-ray, just like an advertisement was shown during The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Special, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 1 Blu-ray.

10801935_813529742026249_641718389958776

Oh, and speaking of advertisements,  I wonder if an advertisement will be shown during The "I Love Lucy" Superstar SPECIALarrow-10x10.png, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 2 Blu-ray, just like an advertisement was shown during The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Special, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 1 Blu-ray.

10801935_813529742026249_641718389958776

Well, that would certainly make sense.

I just don't see the need to mess with perfection. Should we give the Mona Lisa a makeover to conform to modern standards of beauty? I just wish people were more willing to accept things as they are and stop demanding that everything be tailored for them. And I wish advertisers would b the same!

Whether you like it or not, it's gonna happen, this is not changing it in any way, it's only improving on it or showing it in a different way, anything that brings new fans to Lucy is ok by me.  Try and keep an open mind, it doesn't affect the comedy of the series.

My dad always says he'd like to see the smoking digitally removed from the episodes. I told him it would cost an unbelievable amount of money and serve no purpose other than to make him happy, but he still brings it up every time he sees the show. 

On another note, if they were to start airing ILL in color in primetime, I would be all over colorizing season one.