Lucy Projects You Don't Enjoy

Are you kidding moi?  The opening credits featured the show's one redeeming feature, that excellent song by Eydie Gorme.

I love this song and sing it around the house when I get down. It reminds me of Lucy'so attraction to positive thinking. I have only seen 6 Life With Lucy and only 1 to me is bad. Lucy's Green Thumb is boring, stupid and annoying.

I also don'the like

1. Critic's Choice

2. Most Lucy'so Bob Hope specials (I am not a fan of Bob Hope too dated and unfunny. )

3. Lucy the Robot

4. Bungle Abbey she produced and it was odd.

I love this song and sing it around the house when I get down. It reminds me of Lucy'so attraction to positive thinking. I have only seen 6 Life With Lucy and only 1 to me is bad. Lucy's Green Thumb is boring, stupid and annoying.

I also don'the like

1. Critic's Choice

2. Most Lucy'so Bob Hope specials (I am not a fan of Bob Hope too dated and unfunny. )

3. Lucy the Robot

1.  :lucyshock:

2.  :lucysmirk:

3.  :lucydisgust:

4.  :lucyblah:

I agree with 75% of these.

I also don'the like

1. Critic's Choice

3. Lucy the Robot

Now you see, that's what i mean about Bob Hope, nobody remembers him fondly.

I also don'the like

1. Critic's Choice

3. Lucy the Robot

I love HER in Critic's Choice, but any movie that gives the funniest scenes to Hope instead of Lucy, well, that's just stupid.

That's what i'm afraid of, my Prince coming but not with me, that's the problem with dating much younger people, when i was HIS age, HE was in diapers and now well, i'm headed to diaper town myself soon i fear.

That's alright, as long as he eventually comes around ^_^

I like some of her Bob Hope appearances...  Like when she played a high power attorney and he played a big time criminal.  Bobby the bell boy (playing a henchman of Bob's) snaps a picture of them... "You fool you got me from my bad side".. I like that little skit they do together. 

Is that where the audience shoots at them at the end?

I don't like the Robot episode either... I guess it was aimed at a much younger audience.. It started out with some potential but kind of derailed and then just crashed and burned.  I feel that way with some of her work... Her Husband's Affairs is that way... too stupid and/or boring to be entertaining.

I think maybe they just wanted to see Lucy interacting with Dennis the Menace.

I like some of her Bob Hope appearances...  Like when she played a high power attorney and he played a big time criminal.  Bobby the bell boy (playing a henchman of Bob's) snaps a picture of them... "You fool you got me from my bad side".. I like that little skit they do together. 

Yeah, the sketches shown in that special Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy, including that one, shown after her death, was really a great one with some of their best sketches, i'm surprised they found enough for a two hour special though.

Bob Crane and OJ Simpson. 

Bob Crane especially, since he had stuff going on at the time of the episode, whereas OJ didn't go off the deep end for another 15 years or so. That stuff about what kind of girl Bob wants hits way too close to home with him. It honestly makes me uncomfortable to watch. It's been at least a year. I put it on when I had a friend (and fellow Lucy fan) over.

I said "There's some great physical comedy at the end of this one. Lucy beats Bob to death with a tripod." 

He didn't get the joke.

Bob Crane and OJ Simpson. 

Bob Crane especially, since he had stuff going on at the time of the episode, whereas OJ didn't go off the deep end for another 15 years or so. That stuff about what kind of girl Bob wants hits way too close to home with him. It honestly makes me uncomfortable to watch. It's been at least a year. I put it on when I had a friend (and fellow Lucy fan) over.

I said "There's some great physical comedy at the end of this one. Lucy beats Bob to death with a tripod." 

He didn't get the joke.

I think this was right after Lucy beat character actress Ruth McDevitt to death with her own cane because she wasn't hitting her mark.

• Like 1

Now I know that this is a board that pays tribute to a wonderful lady who has made some of the best entertainment in the history of American culture, but there must be a few episodes/movies/TV appearances that just, as Ricky would say, "Set the tith on edge".

I, for example, have trouble sitting through:

• The ILL Rodeo episode circa season 5. 
  • Several episodes from TLS season 2. They're just so bland.
  • The entire TLS season 5.
  • Any HL that has a second half that's a big musical number. Example: The one where she does a show with a monkey.
  • Ma Parker. No further explanation necessary.
  • Lucy's appearance in that 1988 Bob Hope comedy sketch featuring Shields and Diller where they play the hicks.
  • "Lucy Meets The Moustache". I own it, I've only seen it once. The backstage drama overshadows the whole thing in my eyes.
  • The Lucille Ball Comedy hour show-within-a-show feat. Bob Hope. Good premise, God-awful writing.
  • The Magic Carpet. Pregnant Princess Narah clearly did not want to be there.
  • Lucy Moves To NBC show-within-a-show feat. Donald O'Connor. I love Don, but my God is it painful. The rest of the special is fun.
  • An American In Pasadena "Friendship" duet with Gene Kelly. Again, the rest of this special is perfecto, but Red should have been there.

What are some Lucy productions that you shy away from more often than others?

Note: Don't turn this into a "Let's Bash Lucy When She Got Old" thread.

I agree with your choices here, except I haven't seen the Gene Kelly special, and there are several S5 episodes of TLS that I love.  It's S4 for that I find unbearable.

I never found Bob Hope funny in ANYTHING.

We used to watch every special he did, as most America did, but would only laugh SOMETIMES at his delivery for the monologue, never at those horrible comedy sketches that followed.  Never that fond of any of his movies either, although four of them were salvaged by his co star, a redhead whose name escapes me at the moment.

Although I am a huge Lucy fan the following are just some things I can't sit through:

1.  Some of the early I Love Lucy episodes (mainly season 1) like The Girls Want To Go To A Nightclub, Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying To Kill Her and Men Are Messy,  but I understand that the show was new and the show was finding its' way.  IMO It's the only series that got better with each season.

And The Mary Tyler Moore Show, which was just so-so in S1 and S2 and didn't fully hit its stride until S4, and continued getting better and better after that.