A Fist With Eyes -- The Bill Frawley Gallery

Brock

Lucy was not present at Bill's This is Your Life. She was doing Wildcat at the time, but she sent a taped message for the show.

WOW - thanks, Harry, for that information....I got it wrong....again!

Since I was 'centered' on Lucille, I never consdiered Desi - was Desi there?/// what about Vivian? Less than 2 years after ending their long run, seems like 'someone' should have been there.... I'm highly offended; now, you say Lucille wasn't there, either. Now, I'm closer to pissed.... Loving you, JK

WOW - thanks, Harry, for that information....I got it wrong....again!

Since I was 'centered' on Lucille, I never consdiered Desi - was Desi there?/// what about Vivian? Less than 2 years after ending their long run, seems like 'someone' should have been there.... I'm highly offended; now, you say Lucille wasn't there, either. Now, I'm closer to pissed.... Loving you, JK

It was impossible for Lucy to be there since she was in New York starring a Broadway show. Desi did not participate and I don't know why. Perhaps he too was in New York dealing with the opening of Wildcat? There was supposedly a brief time where Desi was unhappy that Bill took the job on My Three Sons instead of doing a Desilu produced series. Perhaps that's why he wasn't there. He was busy running Desilu at the time too. There's no way that Vivian would have shown up at this event.

It was impossible for Lucy to be there since she was in New York starring a Broadway show. Desi did not participate and I don't know why. Perhaps he too was in New York dealing with the opening of Wildcat? There was supposedly a brief time where Desi was unhappy that Bill took the job on My Three Sons instead of doing a Desilu produced series. Perhaps that's why he wasn't there. He was busy running Desilu at the time too. There's no way that Vivian would have shown up at this event.

DAMN JEALOUS of your knowledge; I shall return to you at every turn; if you get sick of me, let me know. Loving you, JK

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought this one on eBay:

$_58.JPG

PRESS CAPTION:

STAGE VETERAN EMBARKS ON SCREEN CAREER -- After twenty years on the stage, William Frawley, a man who probably knows more about the ins and outs of vaudeville than any contemporary player, is about to turn to the screen. He is shown as he arrived in Los Angeles being greeted by Verna Hillie who is to play with in in his Paramount Production.

• Like 1

I recently bought this one on eBay:

$_58.JPG

PRESS CAPTION:

STAGE VETERAN EMBARKS ON SCREEN CAREER -- After twenty years on the stage, William Frawley, a man who probably knows more about the ins and outs of vaudeville than any contemporary player, is about to turn to the screen. He is shown as he arrived in Los Angeles being greeted by Verna Hillie who is to play with in in his Paramount Production.

Any date reference? :)

• 2 weeks later...