Lucy, Bette Davis and Angela Lansbury get on an airplane...

Brock

I find that story about Lucille telling Bette that SHE would have first billing very sweet.  Lucy was being very polite and it was a nice thing to say.

I own a copy of My Mother's Keeper and enjoyed it very much.  Such fun interesting stories of life with a rich famous person.  I guess there were some things mentioned that Bette was not happy about but it certainly didn't change my opinion of her.  In fact I grew to love her even MORE.

I remember that Kennedy Center Honor Show.... that was when Angela talked about making Death on the Nile and they started the movie clips with a scene from All About Eve.  At that time I had seen neither movie so after this show they were on my list.  Also this is the show where Lucille did a tribute to Sammy Davis Jr.  I remember how thrilled I was when I saw her coming down to the podium and what a delight to hear her mention she was available for dinner at Sammy's.

It was due to this tribute to Bette which started my fascination with her.  A few days later I rented All About Eve and we were off and running.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...