Dennis The Menace coming to DVD in March 2011!

Brock

Does anyone remember "Felix The Cat"?

Wasn't he part of the Odd Couple with Oscar the dog? No, i remember the name but can't associate it with a cartoon. How about the dog that would hug himself and float up in the air and come down slowly in ecstacy when he got one of his favorite cookies?

Wasn't he part of the Odd Couple with Oscar the dog? No, i remember the name but can't associate it with a cartoon. How about the dog that would hug himself and float up in the air and come down slowly in ecstacy when he got one of his favorite cookies?

I remember the character vaguely but not as one of my favorites.

Re the dog: Now I wanna know the name of that dog -- I remember that but can't for the life of me think of what he or his show was called??? Ack! :D

I remember the character vaguely but not as one of my favorites.

Re the dog: Now I wanna know the name of that dog -- I remember that but can't for the life of me think of what he or his show was called??? Ack! :D

I used to do an imitation of that dog whenever i had chocolate and i can't remember his name either, doesn't help that they had a FRENCH name here for the French version of that funny cartoon dog.

• 1 month later...

Season Three isn't even out yet and they've already announced a January release date for Season 4 -- the final season:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dennis-Menace-Season-4/16039

Looks like I'll have to get a department store job.

Wanted to listen to Stu's archive interview with Jay North but thought it was 66 cents. Turns out it was 99 cents because I was upside down.

• 3 weeks later...

I got Season Three today and while I was glad Gale was featured inside the box, there is nothing on the outer packaging to indicate this was the season he took over for Joseph Kearns. It seems weird as Kearns' death is a significant part of the show's history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This final season of Dennis the Menace is so interesting to me. In my neck of the woods, the Gale episodes of the series were relatively rare compared to the Joseph Kearns era, so I figured they followed more or less the same template for the Mr. Wilson character. Overall -- and being completely objective, I swear -- I actually prefer Gale's John Wilson over Joseph's George. This role was a nice change of pace for Gale. His was a much more pleasant character to watch and the episodes are more relaxing -- Kearns performance is a bit too over-the-top for me.

So, what do you guys think -- George Wilson or John Wilson?

Archived