Off To Florida script on Ebay

also on ebay is what looks like one of the first drafts of "Lucy and London". (There is a reference to Olivier on one of the sample pages.)

They want close to $300 for it (don't remember). More reasonably priced is Michael Stern's copy of "Lucy Moves to NBC"---though to paraphrase Fred in "Goes to Mexico" about accompanying the girls on a shopping trip to Tijuana

"Watching the show was bad enough. Reading the script would be slow torture."

• Like 2

I'll throw in a dollar and let's make our bid an even $12K.  I'll bet 3Bobs&Babe didn't get that much for the original!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESI-ARNAZS-PERSONAL-ORIGINAL-I-LOVE-LUCY-SCRIPT-SIGNED-BY-7-CAST-CREW-/291738921245?hash=item43ecfea91d:g:GzYAAOSwaGtXEVko

I dunno but something to me seems "off" about this (and don't even get me started on the price! Oy!), primarily that the description states "THIS 62 PAGE SCRIPT WAS GIFTED BY DESI TO THE SHOW'S PRODUCER, JESS OPPENHEIMER, UPON THE COMPLETION OF FILMING.  KEPT IN THE PERSONAL COLLECTION OF I LOVE LUCY'S PRODUCER JESS OPPENHEIMER UNTIL HIS PASSING, THIS SCRIPT WAS ACQUIRED DIRECTLY FROM MR. OPPENHEIMER'S SON, GREGG OPPENHEIMER, AND IS ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY SIGNED BY GREGG AND A PICTURE OF HIM HOLDING THIS VERY SCRIPT ALONG WITH A HANDFUL OF OTHER SCRIPTS."

Why would Desi "gift" a 6th Season episode script to FORMER ILL producer Oppenheimer when he'd already left the show and no longer had any involvement with it?  I don't get it, doesn't make any sense to me. :blink:

• Like 1