Co-Star/Associate News and Sightings

Her son was George Englund, to whom Clitoris was married and spawned 5 or 6 kids, for years; they remain(ed?) friends even after separating (divorced?) (not sure he's still with us). :D

George is still with us and he and Cloris are very close. They had many separated many times over their 25 year marriage, including a time when he took up with Joan Collins. George "co-authored" Cloris' autobiography a few years ago.

That was Madge Blake. She later played Aunt Harriet on Batman. She also was on Leave It to Beaver.

Wasn't it Madge Blake who gives hitchhikers Lucy, Viv and "Big Boy" a ride in my favorite scene from 'Camp Cooks"?

Did she do any other Lucys?

She and Jesslyn Fax are the co-presidents of the Jack Benny Fan Club (Pasadena chapter) who appear on the show from time to time.

Wasn't it Madge Blake who gives hitchhikers Lucy, Viv and "Big Boy" a ride in my favorite scene from 'Camp Cooks"?

Did she do any other Lucys?

She and Jesslyn Fax are the co-presidents of the Jack Benny Fan Club (Pasadena chapter) who appear on the show from time to time.

That was Madge Blake in "Lucy the Camp Cook" too and that's my favorite scene from the episode as well. She is also the Martha, the prospective tenant who gets dizzy spells in "Lucy and Superman."

It's amazing what you find when you're on holiday -- I just discovered some new family channel playing Boy Meets World reruns. I had no recollection of the episode on right now with Buddy Hackett and Soupy Sales as mobsters. LOL

Yeah, i get that one also, if you look hard enough, you can find most anything, The Nanny, Newhart, All in the Family, Maude, and MY faves, Hillbillies, Roseanne, Raymond, Golden Girls, and I Love Lucy 7 times a day.

Yeah, i get that one also, if you look hard enough, you can find most anything, The Nanny, Newhart, All in the Family, Maude, and MY faves, Hillbillies, Roseanne, Raymond, Golden Girls, and I Love Lucy 7 times a day.

True. I just stumbled upon another "new" channel we've got here (but still don't have MeTV --grrrrrrr!) called "COZI" ("cozy", get it??) which appears to be playing stuff even older/further back than what Antenna TV does! Gotta check it out further and report back. ;)

True. I just stumbled upon another "new" channel we've got here (but still don't have MeTV --grrrrrrr!) called "COZI" ("cozy", get it??) which appears to be playing stuff even older/further back than what Antenna TV does! Gotta check it out further and report back. ;)

I just saw the schedule for Cozi the other day and The Lucy Show is included, but the public domain episodes only.

• 3 weeks later...

In what context?

The family took a trip to Palm Springs to ring in the New Year. Ed O'Neill's character books them into this hotel he went to as a child, but it has since become a dive run by Lainie Kazan. The other couples are bored and go their separate ways. Claire and Phil go off to find a hot spring to revive their sex life, while Cam and Mitch go out to find a gay bar that had been recommended to them by friends. That's a bust and they ultimately stumble into a bar that seems to be filled with nothing but elderly gay men. One old guy hits on Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) by telling him he looks like a young Van Johnson.

Old Guy: Has anyone ever told you you look like a young Van Johnson?

Mitch: No, but than you! (to Cam) Quick, pull up "Van Johnson" on your phone. I need to know how I feel about that.

Cam: He was gorgeous. You're fine.

There were a couple of other references afterwards related to this incident.

The family took a trip to Palm Springs to ring in the New Year. Ed O'Neill's character books them into this hotel he went to as a child, but it has since become a dive run by Lainie Kazan. The other couples are bored and go their separate ways. Claire and Phil go off to find a hot spring to revive their sex life, while Cam and Mitch go out to find a gay bar that had been recommended to them by friends. That's a bust and they ultimately stumble into a bar that seems to be filled with nothing but elderly gay men. One old guy hits on Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) by telling him he looks like a young Van Johnson.

Old Guy: Has anyone ever told you you look like a young Van Johnson?

Mitch: No, but than you! (to Cam) Quick, pull up "Van Johnson" on your phone. I need to know how I feel about that.

Cam: He was gorgeous. You're fine.

There were a couple of other references afterwards related to this incident.

Thanks, sounds like a hoot, i'll try and catch the rerun.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought a copy of a play owned by Rue McClanahan when she was just starting out. I have had it for a couple of weeks, but just now noticed a note in pencil referencing "Lucy" player James E. Brodhead. I loved it simply as a piece of Rue history, but now that it has an extra "Lucy" connection (however vague) makes it even groovier.