Life with Lucy (All of 'Em)

• 3 weeks later...

Lucy Makes Curtis Bytes the Dust is absurd but hilarious.  I love the physical comedy here, the classic Lucy/Gale play with each other and the family isn't seen much so the show flows better.  

Lucy Gets Her Wires Crossed This must be what gave the show a bad name.  Why take a hilarious chair scene but have Lucy stand up barely able to hold herself.  It would be funnier if she got up fine and then you wouldn't worry about her age.  The classic Lucy gets in the show ending is hilarious. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the filming of the Mother of The Bride episode as I was there for the filming - still have my ticket stub. I watched the show last night but I will never forget seeing Lucy live. What a great experience. Although, I was only 7 years old at the time or was 14, maybe 21.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the filming of the Mother of The Bride episode as I was there for the filming - still have my ticket stub. I watched the show last night but I will never forget seeing Lucy live. What a great experience. Although, I was only 7 years old at the time or was 14, maybe 21.

Okay, Ethel I think you were 23! (Kidding)

I know how you feel, I echo your sentiments exactly and I only got to see the first one, so other than those here who participate on this board, no one knew quite what to expect as of course, nothing had aired yet.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the filming was now over THIRTY years ago.  I truly don't know where the time goes!

(And if it makes you feel any better, I was a lot older than you! :lucythrill: )

Okay, Ethel I think you were 23! (Kidding)

I know how you feel, I echo your sentiments exactly and I only got to see the first one, so other than those here who participate on this board, no one knew quite what to expect as of course, nothing had aired yet.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the filming was now over THIRTY years ago.  I truly don't know where the time goes!

(And if it makes you feel any better, I was a lot older than you! :lucythrill: )

Actually, I was 24. I am very happy I flew out to LA and got to see her. I think there was only one more filmed after that show. Gary had mentioned they were going on vacation next week, then filming a Christmas show and they hoped to have Bob Hope as a gust star on an upcoming episode. You saw the firs episode filmed - that must have been fun. When did they film that episode?

Actually, I was 24. I am very happy I flew out to LA and got to see her. I think there was only one more filmed after that show. Gary had mentioned they were going on vacation next week, then filming a Christmas show and they hoped to have Bob Hope as a gust star on an upcoming episode. You saw the firs episode filmed - that must have been fun. When did they film that episode?

Friday, July 18, 1986 @ Warner Hollywood (now The Lot) Studios, off Santa Monica Boulevard.  The studio is very nearby the venerable, iconic Formosa Cafe, which has been around since the 30s!  :peachonthebeach:

• 7 months later...

I found a website called TV Tango that lists day-to-day ratings. If you're curious, LWL's brief, yet painful run declined as follows:

September 20th

One Good Grandparent Deserves Another: 14.6

CBS Competition: Murder, She Wrote rerun 11.5

NBC Competition: Disney's Captain EO: Grand Opening Special 10.3

September 27th

Lucy Makes a Hit With John Ritter: 10.1

CBS: Downtown 11.9

NBC: The Facts of Life 15.6

October 4th

Love Among The Two-By-Fours: 10.2

CBS: Downtown 10.9

NBC: The Facts of Life 15.2

October 18th

Lucy Gets Her Wires Crossed: 11.5

CBS: Downtown 10.8

NBC: World Series Pregame 16.4

October 25th

Lucy is a Sax Symbol: 8.7

CBS: Downtown 9.7

NBC: World Series Pregame 18.6

November 1st

Lucy Makes Curtis Byte The Dust: 8.0

CBS: Downtown 11.8

NBC: The Facts of Life 15.8

November 8th

Lucy, Legal Beagle: 8.1

CBS: The Wizard 11.3

NBC: The Facts of Life 18.2

November 15th

Mother of The Bride: 6.6

CBS: The Wizard 10.4

NBC: The Facts of Life 18.0

Lucy averaged a 9.0 rating for the year and placed at #78

Facts of Life averaged 16.3 and placed at #31

Downtown averaged 10.3 and placed at #73

The Wizard averaged 10.4 and placed at #72

LWL's ratings improved a smidge when it wasn't against FoL. I'm sure they had similar audiences. 

In comparison, in the Saturday night ratings for last week, 20/20 was the winner with 3.33 million viewers.