Christmas Shows

If I remember right they didnt want a Christmas episode of I Love Lucy so it kept that unseasonal feel, thats why the episode they did do wasnt included in the syndicated package so maybe the same was for Here's Lucy. That said if thats true why did they do a few Christmas Lucy Shows LOL

If I remember right they didnt want a Christmas episode of I Love Lucy so it kept that unseasonal feel, thats why the episode they did do wasnt included in the syndicated package so maybe the same was for Here's Lucy. That said if thats true why did they do a few Christmas Lucy Shows LOL

Isn't it just that the writers just did not submit any, simple as that?

Isn't it just that the writers just did not submit any, simple as that?

Sure I read something or saw it on a doco once that Desi wanted the episodes to feel like they could have been from any time of the year so didnt want a particular episode to be themed in a season. They did the one christmas episode as a thank you to the viewers and put the 'favourite episode' flashbacks scenes in. They then seperated it from syndication package to keep the series unthemed

Sure I read something or saw it on a doco once that Desi wanted the episodes to feel like they could have been from any time of the year so didnt want a particular episode to be themed in a season. They did the one christmas episode as a thank you to the viewers and put the 'favourite episode' flashbacks scenes in. They then seperated it from syndication package to keep the series unthemed

BUT, when the DID the Christmas flashback episode, it was because they did not rerun shows back then and that was the only way people who had missed them could see them. Later syndication was unheard of back then.

Archived