Feud (2017) First look at Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

Shane91

I've been catching up on episodes 4-7 over the last two days and did indeed find myself wondering what Miss De Havilland had to say. I figured that she surely must be aware of the show, and I guess I'm not surprised that she hasn't seen it. I AM surprised that she claims to have no memory of the '63 Oscars, where she presented Best Picture. In any interview I've seen with her, she seems to have a photographic memory. Either she truly doesn't remember the event because nothing memorable happened, or she's holding back some major dirt because shit went down.

Also- she's not the ONLY living person portrayed- we get to see Rip Torn! And, of course, darling, dearest, BD.

True, but she is the only living MAJOR star depicted in a recurring fashion.

I question the validity of her having no memory of the 1963 Oscars as well. I'm guessing she's playing coy because she doesn't want to get involved in anything salacious. I'm sure her memory is still quite sharp.

• Like 1

It's The Joan Fontaine Show, brought to you by Design Brick:

It looks like Dragon Lady taped this on the old Stairway To Stardom soundstage (aka Sketchy Long Island Basement). 

I want to know more about this enigmatic kitsch-fest! I want the noise Joan makes at 10:45 to be my ringtone! I want my coffin lined in Design Brick!

• Like 2

Ingrid Bergman was supposed to guest star and dropped out. Bette was then hired, but then wanted too much money. Finally Ginger Rogers took over. I'd love to read the earlier versions of the script, but every copy was supposedly destroyed so Ginger would never find out she was a last minute substitute.

Lucy: "How many sugars WOULD you like?"

Bette: "'Beyond the Forest' and 'Dead Ringer'."

It looks like Dragon Lady taped this on the old Stairway To Stardom soundstage (aka Sketchy Long Island Basement). 

I want to know more about this enigmatic kitsch-fest! I want the noise Joan makes at 10:45 to be my ringtone! I want my coffin lined in Design Brick!

Now those were some cheap-ass titles! So what was this, a cable-access only thing?? Never heard of it before and more than a bit surprised Miss Fontaine would do it... Do we know any more about it, such as how often did it air/run, how long was it on, etc. etc.?? Thanks for any insights! :HALKING:

Given that we've heard Olivia's take on things, I wonder if any of the Daughters Dearest will share their viewpoints publicly. Undoubtedly, Christina and B.D. are unimpressed, but I can't imagine Cathy Crawford would have much to complain about. Given the series seems to depict Joan's relationship with the twins exactly as they always claimed, surely she wouldn't find anything negative on that account.

I get the biggest kick out of this. Tina Darling had a cable-access show a few years back, pitching upcoming live entertainment to the good folks of the northwestern U.S. Everything from the borrowed pumpkins to the stilted delivery (and quoting John Stewart in a misguided attempt to seem hip) just screams unintentional comedy. Mommie would be so proud :)

• Like 1

Given that we've heard Olivia's take on things, I wonder if any of the Daughters Dearest will share their viewpoints publicly. Undoubtedly, Christina and B.D. are unimpressed, but I can't imagine Cathy Crawford would have much to complain about. Given the series seems to depict Joan's relationship with the twins exactly as they always claimed, surely she wouldn't find anything negative on that account.

I can't find it at the moment, but Joan's grandson Casey has given Feud the thumbs up and has watched it all the way along. He told The Concluding Chapter of Crawford mentioned that despite some artistic liberties he was thrilled Lange's Crawford was showing a much more rounded person than Dunaway and that it was exposing Joan to new generations. Oddly, he said he had not discussed it with his mother but would encourage her to watch it if it comes up. Maybe he doesn't even want to broach that subject after the Mommie Dearest trauma.

• Like 2

I get the biggest kick out of this. Tina Darling had a cable-access show a few years back, pitching upcoming live entertainment to the good folks of the northwestern U.S. Everything from the borrowed pumpkins to the stilted delivery (and quoting John Stewart in a misguided attempt to seem hip) just screams unintentional comedy. Mommie would be so proud :)

What do you want to bet Tina applied for the job?

• Like 1

I thought this was a really classy way to end the series and did justice to both ladies legend and legacy.

Oddly right after I finished this I started reading a biography on Betty Grable that started at the Dorthy Chandler Pavilion at the 72' Oscars. The place to be in the 70s to catch up with all the old stars.

• Like 2

I feel kind of bad for Faye. She's a terrific actress, even if she is an impossible bitch, but her career has been nonexistent for decades. I wish she would get a chance to do some quality work and not, say, The Bye Bye Man.

And since when is she NOT guilty of keeping the Semple-McPherson congregation waiting?

I feel kind of bad for Faye. She's a terrific actress, even if she is an impossible bitch, but her career has been nonexistent for decades. I wish she would get a chance to do some quality work and not, say, The Bye Bye Man.

And since when is she NOT guilty of keeping the Semple-McPherson congregation waiting?

I think Brock meant that she doesn't feel guilty about that, as opposed to feeling guilty about the Best Picture snafu.

• Like 1

A few book pages I liked.

I surround myself with happy colors.

I sit on hard chairs. Soft ones spread the hips.

I feel as if clothes are people. When I buy a dress, that's a new friend.

I think I might start naming my dresses as that's not crazy at all. And once you got thunder thighs any chair is going to spread anything.

• Like 1

Joan's audio book of My Way of Life is on YouTube. It's a kick -- especially when she explains the fringe benefits to the husband when his wife goes off to work during the day.

I've been listening to that lately. The one I've heard seems to be the raw audio - there are a few starts and stops and the audible sound of shuffling papers. Unless that's how they released it?

I've been listening to that lately. The one I've heard seems to be the raw audio - there are a few starts and stops and the audible sound of shuffling papers. Unless that's how they released it?

I don't believe it was ever released to the general public. This was a demo.

• Like 1