What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

I watched Best Foot Forward last night and I think it's becoming one of my favorite Lucy movies. Every time I watch it I think Lucy is more and more brilliant in it. Although she's the star, her role really isn't that showy. Lucy makes the most of it. She's especially funny in the scene in the hotel when she meets Chester, Bud, Helen, and the others for the first time. I think this Lucille Ball is the one who met Lucy Carter thirty years later. She makes the same type or under her breath comments.

• Like 1

I got to thinking the same thing about this Lucille Ball and the HL one too. I agree with what you say about her acting in this but I apply it to Easy To Wed which has been working it's way to number 1 movie for me.

I find it weird that the manager character refers to her as Lucy. From my understanding the only person who called her Lucy was Desi during this time period. She didn't start using it for herself til ILL time. She even tells the kid to call her Lucille at the end.

I got to thinking the same thing about this Lucille Ball and the HL one too. I agree with what you say about her acting in this but I apply it to Easy To Wed which has been working it's way to number 1 movie for me.

I find it weird that the manager character refers to her as Lucy. From my understanding the only person who called her Lucy was Desi during this time period. She didn't start using it for herself til ILL time. She even tells the kid to call her Lucille at the end.

Well, if you and Harry love it so much, i'll have to take another gander at it, never been one of my faves but your opinion carries lotsa weight.

Watching Best Foot Forward and Easy to Wed within two days of each other, I noticed for the first time similarities between her performances in the films. Lucy uses the same comedic affected way of speaking in both. I don't remember her using this in other projects, at least not to this extent. I love it, particularly the way she says "Warren" in Easy to Wed. She definitely has much more of a character in Easy to Wed. In Best Foot Forward she's just written as "Movie Star." Lucy finds the humor in the role that I don't think other actresses would have.

• 5 months later...

Her Husband's Affairs was the last film I watched. I forgot how 'unique' this plot was. She looked lovely plus I loved her character. I wanted to punch that fiance a few times though. :D The scene she loses it in the cell was so well done. Every moment was believable. You sometimes forget how wonderful she was outside of just comedy. She was incredible.

I read on rotten tomatoes.a.snarky review of MAME being outright rude to Lucille.... So I watched it and that guy doesn't know.what he is.talking about. At no time ever does the.low voice and vivid costumes remind me ove.an aging drag queen. Those commentsare just.downright rude...of.course I havn't seen many aged drag queens in my life.thus far.... Moreover it just.sickens me they have to pick on the.voice and.age...what about the performance? Rosiland had a low.voice too and people liked Gypsy... And Gene Hibbs did her makeup and I am sure.guaze was put on the lense by Warners for.that movie too. Oh he also.criticized her gait...WTF? Who criticizes that and why? I said before bad director poor editing...wonderful leading lady no matter how.she sounds or walks!

I read on rotten tomatoes.a.snarky review of MAME being outright rude to Lucille.... So I watched it and that guy doesn't know.what he is.talking about. At no time ever does the.low voice and vivid costumes remind me ove.an aging drag queen. Those commentsare just.downright rude...of.course I havn't seen many aged drag queens in my life.thus far.... Moreover it just.sickens me they have to pick on the.voice and.age...what about the performance? Rosiland had a low.voice too and people liked Gypsy... And Gene Hibbs did her makeup and I am sure.guaze was put on the lense by Warners for.that movie too. Oh he also.criticized her gait...WTF? Who criticizes that and why? I said before bad director poor editing...wonderful leading lady no matter how.she sounds or walks!

Probably what's his face that had the whole Lounge in a uproar back when 2013 just started. Whatever the hell his name was. Haha.

Her Husband's Affairs was the last film I watched. I forgot how 'unique' this plot was. She looked lovely plus I loved her character. I wanted to punch that fiance a few times though. :D The scene she loses it in the cell was so well done. Every moment was believable. You sometimes forget how wonderful she was outside of just comedy. She was incredible.

Her Husband’s Affairs is a strange little movie. The pushed together beds didn’t fly with the British Censors and they had to push them apart for the Brit version. The whole plot is just weird to start with and I’m guessing it may have been the time period in which it was set, but dang if I ever had a man talk to me like that, he would be getting no more anything from me.

For a film billed as a comedy and with some rather amusing advertising I’ve seen to promote this, it’s odd that when Lucy was doing some good comedic work at this time she spends half the movie crying. She is very adorable doing it though. I love her hair length at this time and wish she would have kept it. I agree that jail cell scene is great and check out the arm on Lucy, she could throw pretty hard, practice I guess. If you watch closely you can see that she throws the stuff just high enough to not actually hit her costar in the head. I’m sure she could have though.

I watched Dark Corner for the millionth time last night. I think it is slowly taking over Lured’s place in ranking of my favorite Lucy movies. I’m not sure if Lucy’s mental state at the time of this movie helped in the way she delivered her dialogue but it’s a wonderfully reserved and quite acting style here coupled with those times where here character needs to get tough but she is never overbearing (something that can come out in her acting). Something I never really noticed before but I love her voice in this movie. Sort of a breathy, throaty voice. The sexual innuendo is very heavy in this film and Stevens is a good male lead to her which heightens the sexual tension. That first kissing scene they have he about crushes her but by that point on you know her character is there to stay. Two favorite little moments are the shot of her legs and the nylons. Any shot to see her beautiful legs is great. Also at the very end when Lucy and Stevens are walking out of the gallery, Lucy does this little wave and it is so “Lucy”. I’ve seen her do it a ton of times.

Best Foot Forward and I loved it. Gawd she was at the height of her early-30s, redheaded glamorous beauty! They even used that great shot of her in that black bathing suit, to good effect (she played "herself" in this so it made sense).

Nancy Walker of course, was hilarious. Kinda weird in a nice way to see her so young.

Highly recommended! :peachonthebeach:

Best Foot Forward and I loved it. Gawd she was at the height of her early-30s, redheaded glamorous beauty! They even used that great shot of her in that black bathing suit, to good effect (she played "herself" in this so it made sense).

Nancy Walker of course, was hilarious. Kinda weird in a nice way to see her so young.

I'm not the biggest fan of this film but she looks lovely and does great! I have always loved that swim suit photoshoot. So pin up!

While Lucy looks wonderful in this movie, Nancy Walker is, IMO, a particular highlight.

I don't want to see her playing herself, I want wild and wacky Lucy.

I don't think it is that for me. Maybe it's because it wasn't her. It was a character of a real person played by that person, like the HL episode. She did great acting but I don't know, it's just weird for me. It just was a plot that didn't really appeal to me. It's a cute movie, but has never been my favorite.