Desi in Miami

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, Luvsbway said:

A wonderful interview Desi gave while he was in Miami getting ready to be King of Carnival in 1982.

Wonderful indeed! So great to see an uncut conversation with Desi that’s not in front of an audience! 

Interesting that he had recently spoken with Frank Sinatra. I had gotten the impression from some books that Desi really didn’t stay friends with other famous people except for maybe those in Del Mar. (But who knows, maybe he ran into him.)

I love how he calls Desi Jr. his best friend. He’s said that in other interviews, too.

12 hours ago, JessiLu said:

Interesting that he had recently spoken with Frank Sinatra. I had gotten the impression from some books that Desi really didn’t stay friends with other famous people except for maybe those in Del Mar. (But who knows, maybe he ran into him.)

I have a bunch of photos from the 60s of him in Palm Springs. Lots of famous people in them. Desi seemed pretty active in golf and nightclub events there in the 60s. Running into celebs a lot just not up in LA. 

• Like 1