The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

After hearing Carol's standard issue interview several times this week, I've become really interested in reading the original script of Here's Agnes. Has anyone had that privilege? LOL

I'm surprised they didn't offer it to Ruth Buzzi or our own Sue Tolsky.

I got my "Carol Burnett" box set today. I thought Lucy's "Rock Sisters" sketch was going to be on it. Is that a different set completely?

How many discs were in yours?

I'm in palm Springs for a week ("Searching for Vonda"?) and will check when I get home.

Are there different sets out there that are basically the same thing?

Am I mistaken that "the Rock Sisters" was on one of them? If so, which?

I'm in palm Springs for a week ("Searching for Vonda"?) and will check when I get home.

Are there different sets out there that are basically the same thing?

Am I mistaken that "the Rock Sisters" was on one of them? If so, which?

I believe the Rock Sisters sketch is only available on the $200, 22 disc "Ultimate Collection" only sold online. LINK HERE

I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?

I believe the Rock Sisters sketch is only available on the $200, 22 disc "Ultimate Collection" only sold online. LINK HERE

I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?

My set has 6 discs. I assume this 22-disc set contains those and 16 more.

I don't know if the Rock Sisters are worth THAT much.

"We start the day with

A happiness cocktail.

A wonderful pepper-upper

that never leaves us flat."

• 1 month later...

I saw at Walmart that Carol Burnett also has a Christmas show dvd out like Dean Martin's. Does anybody own it? I don't recall any Christmas skits on TCBS, then again I haven't seen it since the Carol & Friends reruns in the early 80's and I'm sure they kept anything seasonal out of that clip series.

I saw at Walmart that Carol Burnett also has a Christmas show dvd out like Dean Martin's. Does anybody own it? I don't recall any Christmas skits on TCBS, then again I haven't seen it since the Carol & Friends reruns in the early 80's and I'm sure they kept anything seasonal out of that clip series.

Oh i'd love to get that, all i have right now is her reunion special that i got on dvd but already had recorded.

It's comprised of her appearances on the old Garry Moore Show, where she got her first TV acclaim. :)

• Like 1

It's comprised of her appearances on the old Garry Moore Show, where she got her first TV acclaim. :)

Truth be known, yes, that's when us older Carol Burnett fans first discovered her immense talents. Gary Moore wasn't just the host of a game show, used to have his own variety show and was a Monday night fixture later on along with Lucy.

Truth be known, yes, that's when us older Carol Burnett fans first discovered her immense talents. Gary Moore wasn't just the host of a game show, used to have his own variety show and was a Monday night fixture later on along with Lucy.

I've Got a Secret was the most successful ratings-wise of those Goodman-Toddson game shows, but unlike the others--What's My Line, Password and To Tell the Truth-- it was a ridiculous 'game'. Garry did an intro to this show in late 1961 to let everybody know that he did NOT just marry Lucille Ball....seriously!

Can someone tell me (and forgive me if this has already been discussed) HOW to get the Carol Burnett Collection that has the "Rock Sisters" sketch on it?

I bought the orange-ish edition of Carol's Favorites. 6 discs, the first disc has Roddy MacDowell, Dinah Shore and Steve Martin. It was about $50.

The other "Carol's Favorites" on amazon have different colored boxes but look like they're the same collection.

I've seen the Carol infomercial that offers what looks like mine and another one. I assume that is the one that has Rock Sisters. But they're selling them as a package. How do I get the other one by itself?

I've Got a Secret was the most successful ratings-wise of those Goodman-Toddson game shows, but unlike the others--What's My Line, Password and To Tell the Truth-- it was a ridiculous 'game'. Garry did an intro to this show in late 1961 to let everybody know that he did NOT just marry Lucille Ball....seriously!

Yeah, i remember that, funny. Gary Morton, Garry Moore, LOL! I`m surprised Lucy never had him on any of her shows.

Can someone tell me (and forgive me if this has already been discussed) HOW to get the Carol Burnett Collection that has the "Rock Sisters" sketch on it?

I bought the orange-ish edition of Carol's Favorites. 6 discs, the first disc has Roddy MacDowell, Dinah Shore and Steve Martin. It was about $50.

The other "Carol's Favorites" on amazon have different colored boxes but look like they're the same collection.

I've seen the Carol infomercial that offers what looks like mine and another one. I assume that is the one that has Rock Sisters. But they're selling them as a package. How do I get the other one by itself?

Perhaps the whole enchilada collection through the Time Life website? That's my "educated" (I looked at the ep list on there before but it's been awhile) guess! I was gonna bite the bullet and get it myself but one of the nicest gifts I got for my birthday was 2 of the CB "separate" (available retail as well as the T/L site) DVD releases, along with a disc of bonus features, so now it may not be "worth" (well of course worth it but you know what I mean!) going ahead with the big box, plus the fact I've found one of my video store haunts has most of the old collection released by Columbia House and apparently they used a lot of the same episodes for both of these releases. lucyhorror.JPG

I'm gonna have to go back and do research again to see what's on what. Or who's on first. Whatever. Oh nevermind. lucyshock.JPG

I picked up the Carol Burnett Christmas DVD. TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting, people are upset, as they feel the cover of the set is deceiving. Carol appears in color, as she looked during The Carol Burnett Show, and titleing it "A Carol Burnett Christmas", one might think its TCBS episodes.

The episodes are actually from The Garry Moore Show, which Carol was featured on, along with Durwood Kirby and Marion Lorne. I was aware of this. I have the ultimate "Carol Burnett" set, and have seen her on Garry Moore. So I'm anxious to see more of Carol on TGMS as well as Marion Lorne, (Aunt Clara from Bewitched).

Thanks for the information, I just spotted it the other day and was in a rush so I didn't pick up the copy to see what it was all about. I have never seen Carol in anything from the Gary Moore show so it actually seems even a little more interesting to me now, just presumed it was TCBS since it's a 70's cover shot of her (not unlike that 50's Betty White show set that uses a pic of Betty from the 70's). I have very seen very little of Carol pre-TCBS, just that funny underrated movie with Elizabeth Montgomery and Dean Martin ("Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed" which used to play on tv all the time in the late 70s and early 80s but haven't seen it in ages) and that Twilight Zone episode she did which was not too good because it was such an atypical TZ although it was fun to see Carol and Donna Douglas in a scene together (love it when tv icons cross, before during or after their glory years another reason why I loved WBSIB). Of course I've seen all Carol's appearances on Lucy's shows but I think even the earliest those was post-TCBS (though perhaps not the first one or two).

I picked up the Carol Burnett Christmas DVD. TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting, people are upset, as they feel the cover of the set is deceiving. Carol appears in color, as she looked during The Carol Burnett Show, and titleing it "A Carol Burnett Christmas", one might think its TCBS episodes.

The episodes are actually from The Garry Moore Show, which Carol was featured on, along with Durwood Kirby and Marion Lorne. I was aware of this. I have the ultimate "Carol Burnett" set, and have seen her on Garry Moore. So I'm anxious to see more of Carol on TGMS as well as Marion Lorne, (Aunt Clara from Bewitched).

I can't blame anyone for thinking it was TCBS clips as I certainly did with that cover and I can see why the general public might be upset, so many of them act like they can't stand to watch anything in black-and-white anymore, but the gang at TVShowsonDVD.com you would think would be celebrating the fact that a long last some of Carol's performances from TGMS have been released! Oh yes, the fantastic Marion Lorne (so happy she won an Emmy for BEWITCHED albeit posthumously) is absolutely another reason to buy this collection, can't wait to see her on the dvd as well!

I can't blame anyone for thinking it was TCBS clips as I certainly did with that cover and I can see why the general public might be upset, so many of them act like they can't stand to watch anything in black-and-white anymore, but the gang at TVShowsonDVD.com you would think would be celebrating the fact that a long last some of Carol's performances from TGMS have been released! Oh yes, the fantastic Marion Lorne (so happy she won an Emmy for BEWITCHED albeit posthumously) is absolutely another reason to buy this collection, can't wait to see her on the dvd as well!

Oh yeah, can't wait to see old befuddled Marion again, wish she had played Mrs Trumbull on ILL, she was perfect for that part.

Well, even death can't help Carol and Bob Banner bury the hatchet. LOL

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/21/carol-burnett-show-lawsuit-home-video-sales-bob-banner/

So, that's the reason we can never see Lucy's appearances on the series, they were from HIS time period? The pic they used for Carol looks awful by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the rock sisters a good sketch of Lucy because I am thinking of buying Carol's DVD partly because of it but I never saw this before. Do you think we will ever be able to get the rest of Lucy and Carol's appearnces together.

I wish the ones who actually got this set would answer both of us so we can save some money here.

• 1 month later...