The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

I'm very anxious to see Carol's new joint interview with Vicki Lawrence on the "Mama's Family" DVD set coming in September. Wonder if they'll talk about the rift that formed between them after Vicki continued doing the show with her ex-husband, which resulted in Carol never making another appearance.

I'm very anxious to see Carol's new joint interview with Vicki Lawrence on the "Mama's Family" DVD set coming in September. Wonder if they'll talk about the rift that formed between them after Vicki continued doing the show with her ex-husband, which resulted in Carol never making another appearance.

O M G , never knew that happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Carol has been booked for a guest-shot on an episode of Hawaii FIve-O this fall, according to TV Guide! :HALKING:

Let's hope it is something like this:

Wish we could get those great Mad About You shows she did where she played the mom, unfortunately they stopped releasing the later Mad About You eps or seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this quote on a Bway board.

"I find Carol Burnett's work almost impossible to watch at times--not because it isn't wonderful; it's almost always of the highest standard--but because she has that rarest of abilities: she is universally human, extraordinarily vulnerable, even when she is engaging us in the art of comedy. When I watch Burnett in even the silliest of skits, I see my mother, or an aunt, or my sister, or someone I just bumped into--she is so extraordinarily human. It is a quality that Laurette Taylor had, and that Maureen [stapleton] has: I would venture to say that it is a trait that all great artists have. She possesses a connection to her audience that is remarkable."

--Tennessee Williams on Carol Burnett/Interview with James Grissom/1982/

• Like 1

The continuing saga of "A Carol Burnett Christmas":

http://www.law360.com/articles/462441/carol-burnett-blocks-ex-producer-s-christmas-dvd

I was hoping the Burnett vs. Banner feud would have ended with his death. No such luck.

I do like Carol but she sure loves legal action. The whole Family Guy lawsuit a few years ago was so unnecessary.

Yeah the Family Guy thing was not bad compared to what they have done.

It was actually very tasteful compared to a lot of their stuff.

I don't blame Carol for being protective of her image but there was no grounds for a lawsuit. They used a sound-a-like of her theme song and even the Charwoman wasn't an exact copy. Not surprisingly it was thrown out. To FG's credit, they've respected her wishes and haven't parodied Carol since.