TCM’s The Plot Thickens Podcast Dedicated to Lucy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, HarryCarter said:

Bonus episode with Lucie Arnaz

Again, THANK YOU JIMMY for this WUNDAFUL series and all the hard work (yet no doubt labor of love) you put into it! This life-long surely appreciates your efforts and THANK GOD we had this to distract us from the butcher job that was BTR!! :HALKING:  Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

6 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Again, THANK YOU JIMMY for this WUNDAFUL series and all the hard work (yet no doubt labor of love) you put into it! This life-long surely appreciates your efforts and THANK GOD we had this to distract us from the butcher job that was BTR!! :HALKING:  Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

This was wonderful to read. Thank you, Joey! Happy New Year!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they used the clip of the audio interview I posted on Youtube from the Lou Gordon Show which I recorded on my cassette player when Desi was in Detroit doing a book promo for "A Book." Glad they were able to use it but it would have been nice to be acknowledged on the credits!  I could have been famous.... 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just finished this.  It was perfect.  Between Lucy and Desi A Home Movie, Lucy and Desi documentary and the countless books, the podcast still manages to get into the nooks and crannies of this story we know backwards and forwards.  Engaging, hard to peel away just a joy (and heartbreaking) to listen to.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeySanJoaquin said:

No comment 😨

Hope you'll elaborate; never understood why he and his book were always dismissed.  I remember something about he lied about how close he and Lucy actually were or that they weren't as friendly as he made it out to be or something...?   I forget if people felt the same about Lee Tannen..?  

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Hope you'll elaborate; never understood why he and his book were always dismissed.  I remember something about he lied about how close he and Lucy actually were or that they weren't as friendly as he made it out to be or something...?   I forget if people felt the same about Lee Tannen..?  

I recall Lucie Arnaz answered a question about it on her old website (still viewable via the Wayback Machine) by saying it was full of historical inaccuracies.