Mame (1966 Play)

Puhleeze, half that book was opinions presented as fact. Loved the book generally but thought the Bravo special and the book just painted Lucy the way all jealous males of that era presented her, as Lucille Balls.

What I liked about the Desilu book was the look at the business side of things. It was pretty detailed and an interesting examination of their empire.

What I liked about the Desilu book was the look at the business side of things. It was pretty detailed and an interesting examination of their empire.

Absolutely, i agree, the ONLY thing that turned me off was the depiction of Lucy as this ogre just because this mere woman acted as though she were a man, well, excuse me for Lucy being smart, levelheaded and able to run things sommothly, and not the scatterbrained nitwit she was portraying on tv. It must have been a shocker to find that out as it would have been for us fans also. One of the disgruntled management people wrote his own book where he at one point described seeing Lucy as this wrinkled old lady, he certainly would not have made that comment about any man running things. And this man's beefs were mostly with gary anyway. Did you read Howard Rafayel's Where hte Hell is Desilu book? Not as much information as the Desilu book but the little bit there was was always great about Lucy but frank and honest about gary's ineptitude.

Archived