What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

I watched "Lucy And Joan" yesterday on ME-TV. What impressed me about this episode was the laundry room. They had upholstered loveseats and wooden end tables.

Unfortunately, every single time i hear someone say LUCY AND JOAN, i think they're referring to the Joan Crawford one instead of the Joan Blondell ep.

"Lucy And The Sleeping Giant" One of my favorites!!! It would have been nice if Lucy had one boyfriend to go out with or more episodes of her going out with different boyfriends.

But Lucy the dating slut would not have fit in with her General Foods image i guess. AND, her former hubby was seen with her on reruns everywhere on the tube, so they had to deal with that too. Gary was on the show a few times though and he would have been perfect had it not been for the Desi thing.

I haven't seen The Lucy Show in awhile. I really haven't been in the mood in watching her post-ILL series. Kind of weird considering that her post-ILL series are fully out on DVD now (with the exception of LWL). I think the problem is that I have seen them all so many times over the years that I am just kind of burnt out for the time being. And with I Love Lucy, I generally watch it on Hallmark Channel in the mornings. But they are sure going through the cycle fast, it is hard to keep up at times. I wish instead of airing I Love Lucy six times a day that Hallmark would use two or three of those airings for The Lucy Show. I would definitely watch TLS if it was on their schedule.

I haven't seen The Lucy Show in awhile. I really haven't been in the mood in watching her post-ILL series. Kind of weird considering that her post-ILL series are fully out on DVD now (with the exception of LWL). I think the problem is that I have seen them all so many times over the years that I am just kind of burnt out for the time being. And with I Love Lucy, I generally watch it on Hallmark Channel in the mornings. But they are sure going through the cycle fast, it is hard to keep up at times. I wish instead of airing I Love Lucy six times a day that Hallmark would use two or three of those airings for The Lucy Show. I would definitely watch TLS if it was on their schedule.

Perfectly normal, i was burnt out on I Love Lucy but am loving it every day now due to my not watching it too much before that.

ME-TV shows "The Lucy Show" one episode a day. The lineup shows before "The Lucy Show" are "The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis", "Make Room For Daddy", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Petticoat Junction", "My Three Sons", "The Donna Reed Show", "That Girl" and then "The Lucy Show". Find your ME-TV on your cable station or your digital local channel. Look up their website http://metvnetwork.com/schedule.php.

ME-TV shows "The Lucy Show" one episode a day. The lineup shows before "The Lucy Show" are "The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis", "Make Room For Daddy", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Petticoat Junction", "My Three Sons", "The Donna Reed Show", "That Girl" and then "The Lucy Show". Find your ME-TV on your cable station or your digital local channel. Look up their website http://metvnetwork.com/schedule.php.

According to ME-TV's official schedule, I Love Lucy is the Lucille Ball series that airs weekdays at 8:30am following That Girl. Unfortunately, The Lucy Show is not in this schedule anywhere. ME-TV's sister station, ME-TV Too, is the station that airs The Lucy Show. It is shown late on weeknights at 1:30am and 2:00am.

However, I have heard that some ME-TV affiliates substitutes The Lucy Show in place of I Love Lucy. Your ME-TV affliliate must be one of those.

I was searching through some of schedules of the various ME-TV affiliates and I stumbled upon the Hollywood one which listed The Lucy Show at 8:30am weekdays and then Sundays from 1-3pm. How odd. So this only begs the question ... if ME-TV ever does decide to put The Lucy Show on their official schedule would that mean that this Hollywood afflilate would air I Love Lucy or even Here's Lucy as a substitute in the scheduled timeslot for The Lucy Show?

EDIT: Just looked up the KOTC afflilate (Hollywood) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDOC-TV and found out the some other station in that area holds the exclusive local rights to I Love Lucy thus that ME-TV affilate can't show it. Instead, they go to the next logic step and air a different Lucille Ball program (The Lucy Show). Now it makes sense.

This confirms it. Here's the upcoming schedule for The Lucy Show in L.A.:

1:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

1:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

2:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

2:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Mon, Jan 28

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Tue, Jan 29

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Wed, Jan 30

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Thu, Jan 31

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Fri, Feb 1

1:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

1:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

2:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

2:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Mon, Feb 4

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Tue, Feb 5

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Wed, Feb 6

• Like 1

Wow, now there's a schedule i could live with.

According to ME-TV's official schedule, I Love Lucy is the Lucille Ball series that airs weekdays at 8:30am following That Girl. Unfortunately, The Lucy Show is not in this schedule anywhere. ME-TV's sister station, ME-TV Too, is the station that airs The Lucy Show. It is shown late on weeknights at 1:30am and 2:00am.

However, I have heard that some ME-TV affiliates substitutes The Lucy Show in place of I Love Lucy. Your ME-TV affliliate must be one of those.

I was searching through some of schedules of the various ME-TV affiliates and I stumbled upon the Hollywood one which listed The Lucy Show at 8:30am weekdays and then Sundays from 1-3pm. How odd. So this only begs the question ... if ME-TV ever does decide to put The Lucy Show on their official schedule would that mean that this Hollywood afflilate would air I Love Lucy or even Here's Lucy as a substitute in the scheduled timeslot for The Lucy Show?

EDIT: Just looked up the KOTC afflilate (Hollywood) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDOC-TV and found out the some other station in that area holds the exclusive local rights to I Love Lucy thus that ME-TV affilate can't show it. Instead, they go to the next logic step and air a different Lucille Ball program (The Lucy Show). Now it makes sense.

This confirms it. Here's the upcoming schedule for The Lucy Show in L.A.:

1:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

1:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

2:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

2:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Jan 27

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Mon, Jan 28

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Tue, Jan 29

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Wed, Jan 30

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Thu, Jan 31

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Fri, Feb 1

1:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

1:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

2:00 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

2:30 PM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Sun, Feb 3

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Mon, Feb 4

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Tue, Feb 5

8:30 AM The Lucy Show KVME 3 Wed, Feb 6

:) Thanks Harrison you have cleared up the mystery of why ME-TV advertises "I Love Lucy" and shows instead "The Lucy Show". For whatever reason, I am so happy to finally have "The Lucy Show" on a television station again. "CBS" was the last time I saw "The Lucy Show" on television. I wasn't watching cable television during the 1990's when it was on "Nick At Nite".

This morning I watched "Lucy Helps Danny Thomas".

Wow, now there's a schedule i could live with.

It's an okay schedule. Weekday prime-time is by far the best of the schedule with some of best sitcoms ever made like Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. It looks almost identical to a mid-90s Nick-at-Nite line-up (only with no I Love Lucy, unfortunately). There's the added bonuses of two hours of The Brady Bunch, two hours of I Love Lucy (or The Lucy Show in some affiliates), and the four hour filler on Sundays. They definitely need to cut back on the one-hour shows ... there is too many of them on the schedule as far as I am concerned. Space on the schedule becomes very limited when there is an abundance of them. Then of course, I would add more sitcoms to the line-up such as The Lucy Show, Green Acres, The Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, All in the Family, ect. and remove a few of them like M*A*S*H and Hogan's Heroes. I would move the Sunday Lucy block to Saturday evenings with additions of The Lucy Show and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

Here is how I would change the schedule:

WEEKDAYS

5-7am: Dobie Gillis, Dennis the Menace, The Donna Reed Show, and My Three Sons.

7-9am: Me-TV's Country Living (Block): The Beverly Hillbillies 2x, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres.

9-10am: Me-TV's Independent Woman Hour: The Lucy Show and That Girl.

10-6pm: Non-Sitcom Programming

6-8pm: The Andy Griffith Show, The Jeffersons, and All in the Family 2x.

8-9pm: Me-TV's Magic Hour: Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.

9-12am: Me-TV in their Prime (prime-time block): I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show 2x, The Bob Newhart Show, and The Odd Couple.

12-1am: Me-TV's Happy Hour: Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley.

1-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

SATURDAYS

5am-6pm: Non-Sitcom Programming

6-7pm: Batman 2x.

7-9pm: ME-TV Goes Mayberry (Block): Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. 2x and The Andy Griffith Show 2x.

9-11pm: Lucille Ball, the Queen of Comedy (Block): I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

11-1am: Garry Marshall, Legend of Comedy (Block): Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, and The Odd Couple.

1-3am: Get Smart 2x and Car 54 2x.

3-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

SUNDAYS

5-7am: Make Room For Daddy, The Phil Silvers Show 2x, and Laurel & Hardy.

7-11am: Non-Sitcom Programing

11-3pm: The Sherwood Schwartz Family Showcase (block): The Brady Bunch 4x and Gilligan's Island 4x.

3-7pm: Me-TV Showcase (the four hour filler)

7-8pm: The Dick Van Dyke Show 2x.

8-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

Four eps of both The Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island in a row?? Oh, no, no, no, no, NO, please god NOOOOOOOOO! :lucyshock:

Sorry but ME-TV obviously wants a Brady Bunch block during lunchtime and with Lucy moving to Saturday evenings it only makes sense to pair the Bradys with another cult favorite. The obvious choice was Gilligan's Island as that show was created by the same man and is seldom aired these days. Nevertheless, both programs provide family entertainment.

Sorry but ME-TV obviously wants a Brady Bunch block during lunchtime and with Lucy moving to Saturday evenings it only makes sense to pair the Bradys with another cult favorite. The obvious choice was Gilligan's Island as that show was created by the same man and is seldom aired these days. Nevertheless, both programs provide family entertainment.

Sorry, but not for me, maybe reruns of My Mother The Car or Me and The Chimp? LOL!
  • Like 1

It's an okay schedule. Weekday prime-time is by far the best of the schedule with some of best sitcoms ever made like Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. It looks almost identical to a mid-90s Nick-at-Nite line-up (only with no I Love Lucy, unfortunately). There's the added bonuses of two hours of The Brady Bunch, two hours of I Love Lucy (or The Lucy Show in some affiliates), and the four hour filler on Sundays. They definitely need to cut back on the one-hour shows ... there is too many of them on the schedule as far as I am concerned. Space on the schedule becomes very limited when there is an abundance of them. Then of course, I would add more sitcoms to the line-up such as The Lucy Show, Green Acres, The Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, All in the Family, ect. and remove a few of them like M*A*S*H and Hogan's Heroes. I would move the Sunday Lucy block to Saturday evenings with additions of The Lucy Show and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

Here is how I would change the schedule:

WEEKDAYS

5-7am: Dobie Gillis, Dennis the Menace, The Donna Reed Show, and My Three Sons.

7-9am: Me-TV's Country Living (Block): The Beverly Hillbillies 2x, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres.

9-10am: Me-TV's Independent Woman Hour: The Lucy Show and That Girl.

10-6pm: Non-Sitcom Programming

6-8pm: The Andy Griffith Show, The Jeffersons, and All in the Family 2x.

8-9pm: Me-TV's Magic Hour: Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.

9-12am: Me-TV in their Prime (prime-time block): I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show 2x, The Bob Newhart Show, and The Odd Couple.

12-1am: Me-TV's Happy Hour: Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley.

1-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

SATURDAYS

5am-6pm: Non-Sitcom Programming

6-7pm: Batman 2x.

7-9pm: ME-TV Goes Mayberry (Block): Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. 2x and The Andy Griffith Show 2x.

9-11pm: Lucille Ball, the Queen of Comedy (Block): I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

11-1am: Garry Marshall, Legend of Comedy (Block): Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, and The Odd Couple.

1-3am: Get Smart 2x and Car 54 2x.

3-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

SUNDAYS

5-7am: Make Room For Daddy, The Phil Silvers Show 2x, and Laurel & Hardy.

7-11am: Non-Sitcom Programing

11-3pm: The Sherwood Schwartz Family Showcase (block): The Brady Bunch 4x and Gilligan's Island 4x.

3-7pm: Me-TV Showcase (the four hour filler)

7-8pm: The Dick Van Dyke Show 2x.

8-5am: Non-Sitcom Programming

I don't want ME-TV to duplicate other sitcoms from other cable and broadcast stations for instance "The Brady Bunch" is on two other cable stations, "Happy Days" are on two other cable stations and "I Love Lucy" is on Hallmark which shows enough of them in the morning. If anything Lucy, they should show "Here's Lucy" and "The Lucy Show" that are not being shown anyplace else.

They have alot of one hour shows that are not shown on other stations like "Mission Impossible", "Star Trek", "The Fugitive", "Emergency","Lost In Space", "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea", "Thriller", "Naked City", "Route 66", "The Saint", "Daniel Boone", "Perry Mason", "Rockford Files", "Hawaii Five-O", "12 O'Clock High", "Combat", "The Wild Wild West" and "Emergency".

I was disappointed early last year when Hallmark took off "The Mary Tyler Moore show" and "The Bob Newhart Show" after one month on the schedule. They are being shown on the weekday primetime schedule on ME-TV.

I hope in the future that they would add to their schedule the great one-hour variety shows of the 1960's and 1970's.