What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Sidelined with the cold from hell today, I blitzed through:

Lucy, The Meter Maid

Lucy Makes a Pinch

Lucy Becomes a Father

Lucy's Contact Lenses

Lucy Gets Her Maid

Lucy Gets The Bird

Lucy, The Coin Collector

Lucy & The Countess Lose Weight

Lucy & The Old Mansion

Lucy & Arthur Godfrey x2

Lucy, The Meter Maid

Lucy Makes a Pinch

Lucy Becomes a Father

Lucy's Contact Lenses

Lucy Gets Her Maid

Lucy Gets The Bird

Lucy, The Coin Collector

Lucy & The Old Mansion

Lucy & Arthur Godfrey x2

Great selection of episodes! Hope you get better soon.

Lucy, The Meter Maid

Lucy Makes a Pinch

Lucy Becomes a Father

Lucy's Contact Lenses

Lucy Gets Her Maid

Lucy Gets The Bird

Lucy, The Coin Collector

Lucy & The Old Mansion

Lucy & Arthur Godfrey x2

That's some blitz! :lucyhorror:

I'm just mild about these, except "Arthur Godfrey", of course; and I've always thought "Becomes a Father" had enough funny moments to make it one of the better 3rd season shows. I also like "Lucy and the Countess Lose Weight", although I've often wondered what Ann Sothern thought when she read the title of that script! "Old Mansion" was good enough, but I like the other two entries in the countess series better than these two. Of the 3rd season freelancers, I liked the Ray Singer/Dick Chevilat (however you spell it) scripts the best. (Who wrote "Godfrey"?) Dick paired up with someone else the next season and wrote a lot of Green Acres. Ray must have gotten the short straw at the Writers Guild because he eventually got stuck with Milt. I don't think Milt has his name on any 3rd season scripts.

The other episodes in your blitz: mostly meh!

Lucy, The Meter Maid

Lucy Makes a Pinch

Lucy Becomes a Father

Lucy's Contact Lenses

Lucy Gets Her Maid

Lucy Gets The Bird

Lucy, The Coin Collector

Lucy & The Old Mansion

Lucy & Arthur Godfrey x2

I was so surprised they had her playing this character so soon after she played Robert Goulet's secretary. Since I don't have yet the sixth season of "TLS", did Mary Wickes appear as Aunt Agatha in the remaining episodes of this season? Since it was implied that she would continue to live with Lucy.

Mary Wickes plays a similar character(like Aunt Agatha) in the last season of "The Waltons" as a relative of "The Baldwin Sisters" who takes over their domestic lives.

I need to check out The Waltons episode with Mary Wickes and The Baldwin Sisters.....that must be a HOOT!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally posting after having read this site for years (off and on) just so I could rant about the season 4 episode I just watched: Lucy, the Choirmaster. (I'm finally getting around to watching season 4 on DVD [my least favorite season by far based on my memory] - owned it for quite a while now, but wanted to get through all of Here's Lucy, which I'd never seen, first).

So, when I was watching it in syndication, I always loved the black kid rolling in with the second group of kids, and Lucy pointing at his skates and saying "Stanley, did you forget to take off your skates?", and then he says "I lost my skate key!" in this overexaggerated way with a big shrug, and then Lucy saying "oh, not again!", clapping her hands, and immediately switching to the next line. One of my favorite moments of season 4 for some reason.

Anyway, I had no idea until now that the kid wasn't credited at all. They credited some kids with a lot smaller role. Just not right. He was a true star in his limited role. :)

I would've loved to see that "So-and-so's appearance on 'Lucy, the Choirmaster' was his only known appearance on a Lucy show" or whatever they do with the people they can't figure out.

So shame on you Lucy Show producers from the 60's who didn't give the kid his due! Boo!

/endrant

(Incidentally, I think it's criminal that Jerry has such a small role in this one - they could've just used him in place of the greasy Malcolm kid. What a sad way for Jerry to go. Upstaged by at least 2 of the "one-time-only" kids.)

Finally posting after having read this site for years (off and on) just so I could rant about the season 4 episode I just watched: Lucy, the Choirmaster. (I'm finally getting around to watching season 4 on DVD [my least favorite season by far based on my memory] - owned it for quite a while now, but wanted to get through all of Here's Lucy, which I'd never seen, first).

So, when I was watching it in syndication, I always loved the black kid rolling in with the second group of kids, and Lucy pointing at his skates and saying "Stanley, did you forget to take off your skates?", and then he says "I lost my skate key!" in this overexaggerated way with a big shrug, and then Lucy saying "oh, not again!", clapping her hands, and immediately switching to the next line. One of my favorite moments of season 4 for some reason.

Anyway, I had no idea until now that the kid wasn't credited at all. They credited some kids with a lot smaller role. Just not right. He was a true star in his limited role. :)

I would've loved to see that "So-and-so's appearance on 'Lucy, the Choirmaster' was his only known appearance on a Lucy show" or whatever they do with the people they can't figure out.

So shame on you Lucy Show producers from the 60's who didn't give the kid his due! Boo!

/endrant

(Incidentally, I think it's criminal that Jerry has such a small role in this one - they could've just used him in place of the greasy Malcolm kid. What a sad way for Jerry to go. Upstaged by at least 2 of the "one-time-only" kids.)

Although you have been a member for a while, here's a formal "Welcome to the Board"! Feel free to rant to your heart's content!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've got the full versions of DVD but I can't resist Tivo'ing and watching Me-TVs "The Lucy Shows". This is just the way my generation did it.

Another stellar episode in "Lucy, the Music Lover" which clips along with one hilarious scene after another. In my opinion the best of the "phantom arm" episodes each series had. A great performance by Frank Aletter appearing in the same time slot as his "Bringing Up Buddy" series did the previous season. The most comedy given to any of Lucy's 'boyfriends of the week'. Would have been great to have Frank as a semi-regular. I always like the Lucy and Viv Bunson (Burner) Bagley vying for the same man theme.

Watch Audrey's reactions to Lucy talking about her "musical family" in the record shop, a slight "whatyatalkingabout?" scowl. Can't quite make out what the Top Selling Singles posted in the background are but two are "Da-Da" and "Be-Bop".

I can barely remember this but there was a big department store in Portland that had these listening booths. They had already opened sample albums in the racks. This would have been well past 1962 but by the time I was able to go to these places by myself they were gone.

Watched Lucy Misplaces $2000. This poor woman can't remember her own sons name. When Jerry comes running in with the candy box at the carnival Lucy calls him Jimmy. I had to back it up and listen again it caught me so off guard.

She sure can't!!! She called him Jimmy in season 5 too! That's probably why all the guest stars' real first names are used!!!

They might have just as well named his character Jimmy. Calling him Jimmy in $2000 is not one I caught. Maybe the other two kids could have used their real names too, although Candy Carmichael sounds a little too much like a snack.

It didn't occur to me until now that Sherman has the same name as his fictitious dead-beat father.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...