What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Agreed, certainly not the funniest ep, damned sports ruined so many comedy shows.

I have enjoyed the episode before and still do. But whenever I got around to watching it, I was either tired and so fell asleep watching it or really wasn't in the mood to watch it. But also I've been trying to watch The Lucy Show series in episode order and quite frankly it's not working out. LOL. After finishing season six in December, I started over with season one and well you can see how much of I've watched of this series within the last six and seven or so months.

I know what you mean.. something is awry with The Lucy Show in its first few seasons.. sometimes I just don't care about what is happening to the people on the show... as compared to I LOVE LUCY where I seem to be interested in EVERYTHING the cast does.. funny isn't it? Anyone know why this is??? AND as far as sports ruining a comedy show.. I had to laugh out loud at that comment because I have always felt that way!!! Even LUCY can't seem to get me interested in sports! There are many great episodes in season one and many good episodes in the entire run of The Lucy Show... but I have to agree.. the Little League episode isn't one of my favorites.

I know what you mean.. something is awry with The Lucy Show in its first few seasons.. sometimes I just don't care about what is happening to the people on the show... as compared to I LOVE LUCY where I seem to be interested in EVERYTHING the cast does.. funny isn't it? Anyone know why this is??? AND as far as sports ruining a comedy show.. I had to laugh out loud at that comment because I have always felt that way!!! Even LUCY can't seem to get me interested in sports! There are many great episodes in season one and many good episodes in the entire run of The Lucy Show... but I have to agree.. the Little League episode isn't one of my favorites.

I enjoy just about the every season that same. I guess after watching a season one episode after the other that I start to miss the later years of the show when it was in color and had Lucy's nemesis, Mr. Mooney. And plus the kids in the show aren't all that interesting to begin with except maybe Jerry with all of his great one-liners. Other than that, the kids were pretty much used as props for the show. So basically in the first season it was just Lucy and Vivian.

I don't know ... I've enjoyed almost all of the sports-oriented Lucy episodes with my favorites being ILL's "The Golf Game" and TLS's "Lucy, the Good Skate". The only sports-oriented Lucy episode that I can honestly say that was blah is TLS's "The Golf Game". It basically had no plot and was just Lucy and Gary with Vivian being phased out in the middle of episode. Gale Gordon wasn't even in it. Talk about a total waste of an episode.

• 1 month later...

Saturday Second Season "marathon":

- Lucy Decides to Redecorate

- Lucy Puts Out a Fire at the Bank*

- Lucy and the Military Academy

- Lucy's College Reunion

- Loophole in the Lease

- Lucy Conducts the Symphony

* Caught a "blooper" in "Fire at the Bank" I'd never noticed before: during their training exercise with Alan (Gilligan's Island) Hale, Jr. featuring semi-regulars Mary "Sister" Wickes and Carole Cook, at one point Lucy, in her role as Captain of the Women's Volunteer Department, instructs Mary rather than her character's name of Fran to get back in line!

I LOVE s**t like this!! :lucyhaha:

Oh....and speaking of.the golf.episode of.TLS..... I would.rather watch DRAFTED....even Lucy and Vivs crying jag is better! And Gary comes off.as.such.a.DRIP... I liked his cameo in Post Cardss.From the Edge...obviously he improved lol

You mean that short cameo where his biggest acting strain was NODDING?

Oh....and speaking of.the golf.episode of.TLS..... I would.rather watch DRAFTED....even Lucy and Vivs crying jag is better! And Gary comes off.as.such.a.DRIP... I liked his cameo in Post Cardss.From the Edge...obviously he improved lol

This is a very bad place to admit I wrote Lucy saying Gary should be a regular. I thought he was fine and not awed by her as some are. He was very natural and would have been a great co star on the show, giving her a male authority figure that was missed. An easy going new beau, maybe never a husband though.

This is a very bad place to admit I wrote Lucy saying Gary should be a regular. I thought he was fine and not awed by her as some are. He was very natural and would have been a great co star on the show, giving her a male authority figure that was missed. An easy going new beau, maybe never a husband though.

Well.. It is interesting that this plot point was NEVER followed up on.. .all that trouble to date a guy and then the following weeks.. acting like who gives a sh&*$

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Lucy try to get Tennessee Earnie Ford to open an account at the bank last night. I noticed that Lucy has her right ankle wrapped. It's noticeable when she is wearing the suit. I wonder if she injured it in rehearsal for the hoedown at the end. It dosn't seem to impead her movement and she goes full out at the end. It was probably helping for strength by show night.

• 1 month later...

Found this religious network that plays The Lucy Show a few days ago, although they call it I Love Lucy.  CTS plays an ep every night at 10:30 pm.  Started with Robert Goulet, then last night it was George Burns which scared me, thought maybe they're only playing the public domain ones.  Tonight, it was the hilarious Milton Berle one, with the salad tossed on his head.  Wonder if that one is also public domain.

• Like 1

Found this religious network that plays The Lucy Show a few days ago, although they call it I Love Lucy.  CTS plays an ep every night at 10:30 pm.  Started with Robert Goulet, then last night it was George Burns which scared me, thought maybe they're only playing the public domain ones.  Tonight, it was the hilarious Milton Berle one, with the salad tossed on his head.  Wonder if that one is also public domain.

Dunno, probably, just watched that one and it's one of my latter-day TLS/Hollywood set eps.... and the Ruta Lee, the Movie Star gag gets me EVERY time! ;)

Dunno, probably, just watched that one and it's one of my latter-day TLS/Hollywood set eps.... and the Ruta Lee, the Movie Star gag gets me EVERY time! ;)

I know, after the Dean Martin one, this is my second favorite of the entire series.  Watching Lucy making sure Milton doesn't ad lib and get his lines out, just hilarious.  AND watching her break up at the end at his antics, once she knew the show was done.

Yes Claude those three are public domain.  I believe most of season 5 and some of  season 6 TLS are public domain as those are the ones the religious station around St. Louis plays, although they don't call it I Love Lucy. 

Can you imagine, the idiots who write the descriptions in the schedule and not knowing the difference between the two shows? 

• 3 weeks later...