Vivian Photos

Brock

Love seeing these rare pics. Noticed on the show last night that Viv keeps wearing the low heeled shoes while Lucy finally went back to high heels for that square dance in Tennesee.

I love Viv pics. She was beautiful with amazing talent! I need a picture of just Vivian in my room. I love that gal!

Glad you liked the pic, JK. ((Hugs)) to you :) .

Annaleigh, thanks for posting that group of Viv pics! All lovely ( ...except for that unfortunate last one where her hair is piled up on top of her head. I don't think any/many women would look good in that style). How fun to see the Bill Frawley caricature in his My Three Sons role, too!

Photos from Viv's appearance with George Gobel on Love, American Style:

Is this from the 1st season of LAS, which is out on DVD? I sure wish Love, American Style, as well as, The Love Boat, could be released in full on dvd! There are many old time stars from the '50's and '60's, who made their "swan song" appearances on these shows!

vivian04.jpg

Vivian with the wonderful, still with us Nanette Fabray. Adore Nanette, would love to see her get some of that Betty White/Carol Channing/Angela Lansbury affection and gigs.

I often wonder about Ms. Fabray. When was the last time she made any kind of public appearance? According to IMDB, her last television role was on Coach, in 1994.

Is this from the 1st season of LAS, which is out on DVD? I sure wish Love, American Style, as well as, The Love Boat, could be released in full on dvd! There are many old time stars from the '50's and '60's, who made their "swan song" appearances on these shows!

Yes, this episode is out on DVD. :)

• 2 weeks later...

$T2eC16RHJGQE9noM,BkIBRKr3,wZ5w~~60_57.JPG

Just saw her do her best line ever and her worst ones too in only two eps. In the European Booking, their illegal raffle and that 3 thousand bucks handed over to the old lady from Ladies Overseas aid and she asks Lucy IS SHE GOING WITH US? Doesn't get any funnier than that. But, in the next ep and Lucy's locked in the trunk and she tells Lucy, now you just wait there or words to that effect, T W I C E yet, that joke is so old i wonder if this was the first time it was ever used.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love seeing all these Viv pics. (Even the unflattering ones! :) ).

Claude, those two pieces of jewelry sure look the same to me. I have something similar -- there is an extra large loop closure on mine so it can be fastened to a pearl necklace. Remove it from the necklace & you can attach a safety pin through that loop & wear it as a broach. I'll bet it is the same type of thing.

Here's a link to a nice pic of Viv & John Dodds on their wedding day:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Vivian-Vance-Actress-John-Dodds-Francisco-book-publisher-Press-Photo-/390559470086?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item5aef289206

Love seeing all these Viv pics. (Even the unflattering ones! :) ).

Claude, those two pieces of jewelry sure look the same to me. I have something similar -- there is an extra large loop closure on mine so it can be fastened to a pearl necklace. Remove it from the necklace & you can attach a safety pin through that loop & wear it as a broach. I'll bet it is the same type of thing.

Here's a link to a nice pic of Viv & John Dodds on their wedding day:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5aef289206

First time i've ever seen anything like that. And i've been around quite a while, LOL!
  • Like 1

Vainly, I suppose, but, I believe women don't wear 'hats' so much anymore; because, a hat has the unkind feature that it ruins the hairdo; so, visors which don't have a cover; and don't go any further than behind the ears, are simulations of hats; not dinner, dancing, nightclub and theater, of course, but they work at keeping the sun out of your eyes.

Then, of course, in more modern times, hats are simply too outrageous to be part of the tank top; bikini-top; tee shirt, and jeans culture-of-today outfit; and some would not be caught dead in a cowboy hat, either. Dressing up is nearly a lost art these days....SAD...