Lucie and Desi Jr. Photos

HarryCarter

Not really -- I was around too, Cuddles! ;)

Sorry but Match game was being run marathon style on Comedy Gold on the weekend and there were loads of words used instead of the ones they WANTED to use, i looked at the years, 1975, and they had to watch everything they said although i grant you, that's a show that looked for ways to shock and the double entendre was KING.

But she made a dirtier remark after Betty said she loved PILOTS, and they were talking about airlines, and Lucy shot back that she made some of Betty's pilots which made it seem like she DID the pilots all right but not the cinematic kind.

That's funny too. She can say dirty stuff, but not her baby. I see how it is. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lest WE forget just how GREAT Mr. Luckinbill is:

Larry Luckinbill acting roots, University of Arkansas:

Laurence “Larry” Luckinbill discussed his career as an actor and his experiences as Sybok, a character from the 1989 movie Star Trek V: The Final Frontier Saturday (June 23) at the David W. Mullins Library on the University of Arkansas campus.

Since graduating from the University of Arkansas drama department in 1955, Luckinbill has won an Emmy, was nominated for a Tony and became the McIlroy Family Visiting Professor for Performing and Visual Arts. and presented Clarence Darrow Tonight! and Teddy Tonight!, two of his original one-man shows, as part of Boar’s Head Players 2012 summer season.

He has donated his papers to the Mullins Library; the collection encases letters, photographs, action figures and props from a long and lively career of more than 40 years of acting in Star Trek, on Broadway and in one-man shows. His development as an actor also led to experience in writing and directing. Work on the set was a good fit for his acting style and personality. “I loved William Shatner as a director,” he said. “We got along very well. There was a struggle with him and Leonard [Nimoy]. Leonard was exactly what Spock was — disengaged. But he had an ego, which Spock wasn’t supposed to have.”

Heidi Thompson, a long-time Trekkie (or Trekker), asked Luckinbill about the spiritual aspect of playing Sybok. “Absolutely, there was a spirituality to it,” he said. “Bill [the director] wanted a televangelist, but I did my own thing and he never said a word. His challenge was to mold the character, since “it wasn’t much on paper,” and to make of it what he could.

All in all, I believe Lucie made herself quite a catch...

The little I've seen and read interviews with him, he seems like a very intelligent, well read man. I've been reading their daughter Kate's advice column online and she seems like a very bright girl as well.

Seems like a nice dude, but I wonder why Big Lucy didn't like him much. Just because she felt he was too old for Lucie? Hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

The kiddies in 1977 with ever gorgeous Desi Jr and not bad herself Lucie (but in a hairstyle way too "mature" for a girl of 26 IMO). Plus a vintage with Momma.

lucy316_zps960a9731.jpg

Lucyilove: Thanks SO MUCH for sharing - are the name and date(s) of the publication available? Thanks, also, if you have them.

Love, the keeper of the dates....