Lucie and Desi Jr. Photos

HarryCarter

I always assumed Desi jr had bought that house himself, as an investment or something. You mean Lucy bought houses for her son, her mom, who else? And did Lucy get her mom's house back after she passed and then she sold it?

Lucy bought the house as an investment and rented it to Desi. I don't know how long Desi lived there. I would think Lucy would have sold DeDe's house. I know Frank Gorey lived there for a period of time after DeDe died so the house wouldn't be empty.

Came across this on Facebook. Mysteries solved.

(This Memory comes from Lucie herself~ Enjoy)

I remember it well. Fourth of July BBQ. Alice Brittingham Cassese is seated next to me. My Stepmother, Edie is at the head of the table next to my very tanned father, my stepbrother, Edie's son, Gregory is the little boy in the stripped shirt on the bench across from us and that's my father's mother, Dolores, to his left. The lady standing up in the corner is Willie Mae Barker. Willie Mae raised me. I adored her. That was at Dad's great beach house in Del Mar, CA. I was just standing in front of where it USED to be this past Friday morning. Two houses are there now where it stood. The blond is Joanne Perez. Pepito's wife. He's probàbly taking the picture.

This is the first pic I've ever seen of Greg! Does anyone know if he lived with Desi and Edie full time? Neither Lucie or Desi speak about him at all but a step brother you spend half the year with would really be family. What Willie Mae was doing there still confuses me. Why would the kids need a nanny when they're with their father and stepmother? Edie had a son of her own and took care of the kids so there wouldn't seem to be any need for her to go for the kid's sake. Beyond that I would have assumed she would have shared that day with Lucy and co. Edie looks friendly and happy, it's clear why the kids loved her.

Wow, the whole family went on a trip together.

Don't get me so excited. When you said the whole family I thought Desi had come along and was hiding at the back of theage photo. Now that would have been an event for the camera! I love how well dressed everyone is. It must have been an era thing but I don't remember ever getting even half that dressed up to go shopping.

Flying was a luxury and people dressed up. It was status to fly. Today we show up in flip flops to ride a flying bus and get felt up to have the privilege. I wish people still dressed now days.

FYI I still look that good to go shopping but I'm from a different era apparently.

Flying was a luxury and people dressed up. It was status to fly. Today we show up in flip flops to ride a flying bus and get felt up to have the privilege. I wish people still dressed now days.

FYI I still look that good to go shopping but I'm from a different era apparently.

No offence intended, I just don't manage to look that put together period. I roll out out of bed and wake up at work! I didn't notice they were in an airport, I thought they were In a shopping centre and for the kids especially I would have thought such nice clothes was more than normal. For flying that would make more sense. Culture might also make a difference, I'm not American.

hw2.jpeg

Jack Klugman, Jack Benny, Fred Astaire, Fred MacMurray, Bing Crosby, Humphrey Bogart

All of these toupee wearers at some point had a candid picture taken without the rug.

But NOT Gary. I had no idea he wore one until it was pointed out in a book.

I think this is the only picture I've ever seen where it is painfully obvious.

His style didn't seem to change. I wonder if he wore one right from the beginning of their marriage.

Still a mystery: Gary's life before Lucy. Has anyone ever seen a picture of young Gary? Or heard the story of the annulled marriage?

Maybe Lucy opened up the door of her Rolls Royce one day and out he popped, full-grown and golfing.

• Like 1

Don’t forget he was probably wearing a Perry Como sweater and an expensive watch when he fell out of that Rolls. I would like to know more about his past too. What was the reason for that annulment? A little old I think at the time to call it a stupid mistake of the young. On the 70’s Merv Griffin episode with the family Merv mentions knowing Gary from the night club circuit (I think it was about his trumpet playing) so we have someone else other than Jack and Paula who can vouch for him prior to 1960.

Harry:  Is it true that Gary was part of the Sinatra et al 'rat pack'?  Seems I read that somewhere; unable to verify.  Perhaps, in your speaking engagements, you can find out; providing, of course, that you don't ALREADY know, which is probably unlikely....

Loving you, JK

Harry:  Is it true that Gary was part of the Sinatra et al 'rat pack'?  Seems I read that somewhere; unable to verify.  Perhaps, in your speaking engagements, you can find out; providing, of course, that you don't ALREADY know, which is probably unlikely....

Loving you, JK

Gary was not a member of Sinatra's Rat Pack. The Rat Pack consisted of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford, and Joey Bishop plus Shirley MacLaine and Angie Dickinson. Gary was friendly with this group, as was Lucy. Gary previously had appeared on Broadway with Sammy Davis Jr. in the musical Mr. Wonderful. Joey Bishop was a golfing buddy. Peter Lawford appeared on Password with Gary and they were clearly friends. 

• 2 weeks later...