Lucie and Desi Jr. Photos

HarryCarter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to do a little research in to this train car. It was a former Santa Fe car that I think was once used by the railroad President. It was redone for this Forever Darling trip. I can't find much else out after 56' and none at all on what eventually happened to it. In the Lucy Comes Home book there are photos of the inside.

Both of these photos were taken when Lucy and Desi arrived back in LA after the many weeks they were on tour promoting the movie. Desi is wearing the hat he got when they did the Dallas/ Fort Worth stops. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:50 AM, Luvsbway said:

I tried to do a little research in to this train car. It was a former Santa Fe car that I think was once used by the railroad President. It was redone for this Forever Darling trip. I can't find much else out after 56' and none at all on what eventually happened to it. In the Lucy Comes Home book there are photos of the inside.

Both of these photos were taken when Lucy and Desi arrived back in LA after the many weeks they were on tour promoting the movie. Desi is wearing the hat he got when they did the Dallas/ Fort Worth stops. 

Cool. So were these photos capturing a reunion of sorts with Desi Jr., or did the kids go with them on this trip?

3 hours ago, JessiLu said:

Cool. So were these photos capturing a reunion of sorts with Desi Jr., or did the kids go with them on this trip?

Reunion, the kids didn't go. They were away for a few weeks on the tour. Both kids are in the photos of Lucy and Desi leaving but only Jr. is in the return home photos. My hunch was Lucie was in school.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Cropping Edie out, stupid people. It's so hard to find photos with her in. I don't know if she was camera shy or just not at much.

I would REALLY love to see a photo of the Arnazes (Lucy & Desi) with the Hirsches (Clement & Edie). They were supposedly friends. Not sure if one exists, though. 

1 hour ago, JessiLu said:

I would REALLY love to see a photo of the Arnazes (Lucy & Desi) with the Hirsches (Clement & Edie). They were supposedly friends. Not sure if one exists, though. 

Probably in a bin with the Lucy and Carole Lombard photo.

I want to know more about Desi at Santa Anita when he was hitting on Edie as the cigarette girl. Did Desi remember her all those years, or did Edie remind him when they met up again in the 50s?

39 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Probably in a bin with the Lucy and Carole Lombard photo.

I want to know more about Desi at Santa Anita when he was hitting on Edie as the cigarette girl. Did Desi remember her all those years, or did Edie remind him when they met up again in the 50s?

Well, he supposedly had a photographic memory, so my money is on him remembering it.

My question is, when did he hit on her? I thought he came to LA and almost immediately met Lucy. (Not that he would have hesitated to hit on another woman while seeing Lucy...)

12 hours ago, JessiLu said:

Well, he supposedly had a photographic memory, so my money is on him remembering it.

My question is, when did he hit on her? I thought he came to LA and almost immediately met Lucy. (Not that he would have hesitated to hit on another woman while seeing Lucy...)

The time line is fuzzy for me too. I think they met in June of 1940 and it was only a few weeks earlier that Desi showed up in LA. Now if he happen to hit LA with Cugart's band or any other time he was passing through then it's entirely possible he had a day off and went to the track.  Of course in those early weeks in 1940 he could have gone to the track too.

• Like 1