TLS - S4 - on DVD April 26! (Special Features Info added!)

DoreSchary

But wasn't the fact that she married him in the first place to get her hands on HIS money and he didn't have anything till he met Lucy. God, he even thought he'd get to keep that house. He squatted in it for years before they threw him out. But he was a nice guy, i liked him a lot, the cheap ignorant untalented bastard

BOY, OH, BOY, YOU SURELY KNOW HOW TO BRIGHTEN UP A FORUM!!!! :lol:

Well, i dun't come here to catch a nap, so i assume others want the same thin, to NOT BE BORING is what i live for, it's another thin i have in common with Lucy, she hated to be BORED also.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you one bonus thing on the season 4 DVD (apparently)

I have a home made DVD of lost promos I got of eBay a few years back. It contains 3 Lucy Show promos (one intro'd by Lucille Ball in Lucy's new LA apartment) and 2 others of just scenes from laters seasons, and a Lucy in London promo.

Anyway I just heard they are including the Lucy Show promo by Lucy on the new DVD set and the are using my 3rd or 4th generation copy on the disc as the original no longer exists - not even in the CBS library.

Damn I am good! :-) Gotta love that eBay hehehehhee

I can tell you one bonus thing on the season 4 DVD (apparently)

I have a home made DVD of lost promos I got of eBay a few years back. It contains 3 Lucy Show promos (one intro'd by Lucille Ball in Lucy's new LA apartment) and 2 others of just scenes from laters seasons, and a Lucy in London promo.

Anyway I just heard they are including the Lucy Show promo by Lucy on the new DVD set and the are using my 3rd or 4th generation copy on the disc as the original no longer exists - not even in the CBS library.

Damn I am good! :-) Gotta love that eBay hehehehhee

Wow, that's true, we fans probably have loads more stuff that is not readily available anywhere but i doubt the quality of the tapes or discs would suit the suits.

the exploding TV one is the first Ironman episode

"Lucy the Stuntman?" Well seeing as though I saw a syndicated copy of it a few years ago, I don't recall that scene. Unless you mean "Lucy and the return of Iron Man." Boy I can't wait to see these! My parents were so lucky to be kids during these days. I mean the Vietnam War was the worst part of growing up in the 60s, and racial discrimination, but the music/TV was so groovy!

BTW my mom and dad were 3 when TLS first broadcast and 9 when it ended, so I doubt they really watched it in the original broadcast. But Here's Lucy was when they were a bit older. It ended when they were 15. Now if they were TEENAGERS in the 60s . . .

If I suddenly disappear from the Lounge around this time you can all assume I've died from excitement and carry on without me! :lucythrill:

Surely you have both acknowledged that THE TIME is also the anniversary of Lucy's death, so it won't be a happy peppy period to rejoice, well it will around August 6th though.

I agree, she just looks sensational, the best she ever looked in the last 3 seasons of The Lucy Show!!!

I thought it was the dress she wore for her daughter's wedding and then to marry Ricardo Montelban on her show but this is much earlier and not the same shade at all, it looks yellow at the end of the clip's picture but totally different on the show, more subdued. Her hair is perfect also.

"Lucy the Stuntman?" Well seeing as though I saw a syndicated copy of it a few years ago, I don't recall that scene. Unless you mean "Lucy and the return of Iron Man." Boy I can't wait to see these! My parents were so lucky to be kids during these days. I mean the Vietnam War was the worst part of growing up in the 60s, and racial discrimination, but the music/TV was so groovy!

BTW my mom and dad were 3 when TLS first broadcast and 9 when it ended, so I doubt they really watched it in the original broadcast. But Here's Lucy was when they were a bit older. It ended when they were 15. Now if they were TEENAGERS in the 60s . . .

The exploding TV bit is from "Lucy, the Robot." :)

The exploding TV bit is from "Lucy, the Robot." :)

Thanks

And I remember how back in winter-spring 2005 how all I wanted was to see the third and fourth seasons of this show--especially season 4 because for some reason I was obsessed with the year 1965. And I remember how upset I was to find that most of those sets sold in stores that had photos from the first few seasons on them were all PUBLIC DOMAIN. I didn't think there was any way I could've ever seen these. Until I found the lounge where people were generous enough to give us copies of syndicated episodes because they were lucky enough to have a local station that actually reran these. And now, 6 years later I have the full unedited restored seasons!

Here is the list of special features for the upcoming release!

Outtakes from "Lucy at Marineland"

Clip from "Danny Thomas' Wonderful World of Burlesque" (TV special)

Gale Gordon's 1965 Holiday Messages (audio)

A 1966 special presentation for Beatrice Foods Company (audio)

Clip from "The Magic of Broadcasting" (TV special)

Selection of sponsor openings and closings

Guest cast bios for each episode

Production Notes

Photo Gallery

Here is the list of special features for the upcoming release!

Outtakes from "Lucy at Marineland"

Clip from "Danny Thomas' Wonderful World of Burlesque" (TV special)

Gale Gordon's 1965 Holiday Messages (audio)

A 1966 special presentation for Beatrice Foods Company (audio)

Clip from "The Magic of Broadcasting" (TV special)

Selection of sponsor openings and closings

Guest cast bios for each episode

Production Notes

Photo Gallery

Isn't it terrific that they are including some of these special appearances she did that we never would have gotten to see again. And in the case of some of the ones we alredy have, these are now C L E A R copies instead of risking our eyesight to see blurred washed out copies of copies of copies

Are sponsor openings/closings this time around in b&w or was everything being filmed in color?

These sound great. Can't wait to see The Magic Of Broadcasting!

I dun't even know what the heck that is, maybe i should google it. I look forward to the Danny Thomas thing though, i hope we get everything that's tied in to any stars featured on that season's shows. With Lucy of course.

I dun't even know what the heck that is, maybe i should google it. I look forward to the Danny Thomas thing though, i hope we get everything that's tied in to any stars featured on that season's shows. With Lucy of course.

I never saw it but, apparently, it was a TV special with a lot of stars at the time. Lucy's segment follows her through a day of rehearsals for TLS, mainly a behind-the-scenes of the episode "Lucy the Robot".

Another great looking set. Looking forward to season 5, despite the hundreds of PD releases of s5, lets hope CBS will release it in the fabulous pristine quality of s1-4.

I'm with you Mark. I totally agree. Season 5 and 6 were my favourite seasons and I cannot wait to see them in pristine quality!

I am guessing we will get to see s5 on DVD hence why each of the seasons has been called "official seasons" which makes sense with a release of season 5 to distinguish it from the cr*p PD releases available all over the world

I can't wait to see "Bean Queen" and "Ringadingding" in restored quality! Lucy sounds like she has laryngitis and the color is so washed out and awful.

And were they tripping on acid when they made the Kaleidoscope intro? :lucyhaha:

Archived