TLS - S4 - on DVD April 26! (Special Features Info added!)

DoreSchary

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got all excited at one point because i lved in what was called the Paris of North America, Montreal and thought how great it would have been for her to come HERE,

But what would the plot have been? Lucy running away in fast motion from some crazed teen-aged fan??

But what would the plot have been? Lucy running away in fast motion from some crazed teen-aged fan??

LOL! She would have had the same things she could have gotten in France, great food, old relics for homes, a different culture and snobby people who have French roots and look down on anybody who speaks English, LOL! Same as in France. :lucydisgust:

There could have been a great plot about Lucy vying for a job at Expo 67... or Mooney and Lucy heading to Montreal to oversee the opening of the Americam Pavillion, which could have been financed by the Bank. In a bid to meet the Queen on her tour of the Expo, and while trying to find the Queen Lucy hits a number of noted international pavillions while hilarity ensues...

There could have been a great plot about Lucy vying for a job at Expo 67... or Mooney and Lucy heading to Montreal to oversee the opening of the Americam Pavillion, which could have been financed by the Bank. In a bid to meet the Queen on her tour of the Expo, and while trying to find the Queen Lucy hits a number of noted international pavillions while hilarity ensues...

Sounds good to me, i'd have been a stalker at filming every single day too.

Has CBS made any comment about the cut version of the Tallulah episode on the comedy hour set. Could the uncut episode be included in the Lucy show s5 or s6

I never knew any of TLDCH episodes were cut. What was cut from the Tallulah episode?

(I seem to remember a cut scene or something in the extras)

...and meanwhile Mrs. Carmichael is running away in fast-motion from a crazed teenager who thinks she looks like Lucille Ball.

Some of the strawberry/hive allergy sequence(s).

Season 4 is almost here. But I'm a bit worried about sales this time around. I checked around and none of the stores in my area that carried the first 3 seasons are planning to carry Season 4. Does anyone know how pre-order sales have been this time around?

Season 4 is almost here. But I'm a bit worried about sales this time around. I checked around and none of the stores in my area that carried the first 3 seasons are planning to carry Season 4. Does anyone know how pre-order sales have been this time around?

The way I look at it, if they can still be releasing Melrose Place, half season by half season on DVD (albeit 1-2 years apart from each other) when the sales are CRAP to say the least, I'm sure they'll release all the seasons of TLS! No doubt sales will be as good as the previous seasons!

I have had no problem finding "The Lucy Show" at Target and I have seen it at Barnes and Nobles as well. In the past, I have ordered DVD's through Barnes And Nobles.

Online sales of DVDs are much greater in the UK than High Street retailers. Possibly the same in the US ?

At this point, I can't see why they would stop either. I mean, 2 seasons away from completion. Then, they would have another "Complete Series" box-set they could do. I'm sure they will do that. I'm just hoping they go the extra mile by including "Lucy In London" on the next set. It would make all the difference in making this full-series a success on dvd.

I have noticed that too, BestBuy which always carried Seasons 1 -3 the day they were released, and with Here's Lucy they got them in a week or two later and I still have not seen Season 4 in thier stores yet. But for Season 4 of TLS its stated on line that it will not be available in stores for pick up, for Seasons 1-3 when you checked on line, you would see a notice stating "Store pick -up coming soon" and you know it would be in stores. Dont expect TLS to be in Best Buy's stores next week.

I have noticed that too, BestBuy which always carried Seasons 1 -3 the day they were released, and with Here's Lucy they got them in a week or two later and I still have not seen Season 4 in thier stores yet. But for Season 4 of TLS its stated on line that it will not be available in stores for pick up, for Seasons 1-3 when you checked on line, you would see a notice stating "Store pick -up coming soon" and you know it would be in stores. Dont expect TLS to be in Best Buy's stores next week.

I used to check that with my local Best Buy too. Last time, they actually said it was "coming soon" and they never stocked Season 3 of TLS. So this time around, it says "not available". But Target has carried every season so far but both a phone call and online it says "this item is available online but not in stores". I have a theoretical question...exactly what the *&^$# are they selling in-stores these days?!? :bill1:

Season 4 of "The Lucy Show" is doing great in pre-orders on Amazon.com and DVDempire.com. Most stores will carry "The Lucy Show," season 4. Target most definitely will be selling season 4 as it sold seasons 1 thru 3. Best Buy is funny. Some stores will carry The Lucy Show and some won't. The same can be said for "Here's Lucy." Although, Target did sell the first two seasons together of "Here's Lucy" shrink wrapped. But don't worry. Sales for "Lucy Show" season 4 will do even better than season three. There are 26 episodes in season 4 and in my opinion 22 of them are very good and four of them are weak. I believe CBS/Paramount Home Video will release seasons five and six. Most likey season five will be out about early fall and season six will probably be out during the first quarter of 2012 (either February or March). The only question is will CBS include "Lucy In London" as a bonus feature in season 5. If they do I think it will be of the best selling Lucy Show seasons ever. In addition to "Lucy In London," CBS can show Lucy winning emmy no. 3 for season five of "Lucy," and the original opening for season five that only aired (I believe) twice. CBS/Paramount know that they have a hit in "The Lucy Show" DVDs and would be very stupid if they didn't release the last two seasons. In addition, we know that we are definitely getting seasons five and six of "Here's Lucy." I also believe "Life With Lucy" will be released after seasons five and six of "Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" are out. I wouldn't be surprised that we see all 13 episodes released by summer or fall of 2012. After all Lucie Arnaz and her brother own half the series. Aaron Spelling donated "Life With Lucy" to the Lucy-Desi Museum. Since the estate of Lucille Ball owns the Lucy-Desi museum, I believe (if not) CBS but another company like MPI will release "Life With Lucy."

It's a great shame that her series are not out in the UK. We do have several of the PD crap releases, and at one point a few I Love Lucy discs were released with 2 or 3 episodes per disc randomly chosen - and I think these were released through one bargan bookstore chain only, and, probably not even remastered/restored = maybe they were transfers from the old VHS releases of the 80s.

Here's Lucy season four was sold a week later here but now a week after that they are all sold out.

Season 4 of "The Lucy Show" is doing great in pre-orders on Amazon.com and DVDempire.com. Most stores will carry "The Lucy Show," season 4. Target most definitely will be selling season 4 as it sold seasons 1 thru 3. Best Buy is funny. Some stores will carry The Lucy Show and some won't. The same can be said for "Here's Lucy." Although, Target did sell the first two seasons together of "Here's Lucy" shrink wrapped. But don't worry. Sales for "Lucy Show" season 4 will do even better than season three. There are 26 episodes in season 4 and in my opinion 22 of them are very good and four of them are weak. I believe CBS/Paramount Home Video will release seasons five and six. Most likey season five will be out about early fall and season six will probably be out during the first quarter of 2012 (either February or March). The only question is will CBS include "Lucy In London" as a bonus feature in season 5. If they do I think it will be of the best selling Lucy Show seasons ever. In addition to "Lucy In London," CBS can show Lucy winning emmy no. 3 for season five of "Lucy," and the original opening for season five that only aired (I believe) twice. CBS/Paramount know that they have a hit in "The Lucy Show" DVDs and would be very stupid if they didn't release the last two seasons. In addition, we know that we are definitely getting seasons five and six of "Here's Lucy." I also believe "Life With Lucy" will be released after seasons five and six of "Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" are out. I wouldn't be surprised that we see all 13 episodes released by summer or fall of 2012. After all Lucie Arnaz and her brother own half the series. Aaron Spelling donated "Life With Lucy" to the Lucy-Desi Museum. Since the estate of Lucille Ball owns the Lucy-Desi museum, I believe (if not) CBS but another company like MPI will release "Life With Lucy."

What a great progress report, thank you, i also love the fact that they are releasing them all before the end of the world in Decembr 2012, LOL! So I will go to my grave a happy man, maybe i'll have them buried with me.

Well these are all nice assertions, but what facts are they based on? Sorry, but a lot of your statements are not based in fact. Presales on Amazon do not necessarily reflect how well the title will eventually sell. How can you boldly state that "Sales for "Lucy Show" season 4 will do even better than season three" -- you can't possibly know that!?? You also don't have any idea -- unless you're someone intimately involved with the production or release of these DVDs, which I kinda doubt -- when the last two seasons are slated for release -- I doubt CBS has even determined that, waiting to assess going forward based upon sales of this upcoming release (although personally I feel they will sell enough to proceed).

Folks who've tracked these things for years have made two points crystal clear: 1) sales of new release DVDs are highest their first week of release; and 2) in the case of multiple season series such as these, each successive season historically sells less than the season(s) before. Thus, there is not truly any "guarantee" CBS will continue to crank these out UNLESS they DO sell well, and that's largely up to us fans!

As I've said before, as much as WE would like to see LIL as a bonus on one of these releases, the casual buyer isn't going to have a clue what it is and won't make a bit of difference one way or the other if it's on the set they pick up. That's another concern of mine, frankly, sales-wise: there are so many shitty PD versions of these upcoming batch of shows, I fervently hope folks not realizing the difference won't pick up a copy of CBS' "official" TLS box and a PD version, compare the two, and go with the inevitably cheaper of the two, not realizing what a ginormous difference there'll be in the two versions -- and it'll be their loss!

lucyshock.JPG

I also sincerely doubt LWL will ever see the legitimate light of day -- between rights issues and the fact the show died a premature death not to mention the lousy reviews it received then and the reputation that proceeds it as the show that killed Lucy's career, aside from us diehard fans who clamor for its legitimate release, there really isn't much of an interest in this title for the general public considering what a "hard sell" it would be!

Finally, yes it would be "stupid" not to mention downright cruel of CBS to not complete the release of every season of TLS, but keep in mind CBS is only out to make a buck and could care less about what the fans want: if they sell, they'll keep coming, if they don't, they won't. It's that simple.

I received an advance copy of Season Four this afternoon for helping with one of the special features, so watch for a full review tomorrow night or Thursday morning! Looks great so far!

You're a lucky bugger!!!!! :) Can't wait for the reviews!

Archived