The New Lounge - Six Months On

Brock

Stay or go back to the old way  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Stay put
    • Old format at www.lucylounge.com

So it is just over six months since we made the move over to the new Lounge. Looking back would you like to stick to this format or go back to the old ways?

Although we can't go back to SuddenLaunch, ProBoards now offers a service very similar to the old Lounge that can be hosted under its own specific domain, www.lucylounge.com .

Personally I am in favour of the ProBoard option but what say you? Answer above and comment below.

I go with whatever you think is best. I liked the old forum, but then again, I do like the newness here.

Should we go back:

1. Would we get back all our old posts?

2. What has happened to them, by the way?

3. Brock: What ADVANTAGE do you see in us switching

back? Since you are the expert, help us decide....

Details, man, details......... Love, JK

Should we go back:

1. Would we get back all our old posts?

2. What has happened to them, by the way?

3. Brock: What ADVANTAGE do you see in us switching

back? Since you are the expert, help us decide....

Details, man, details......... Love, JK

I'm of two schools of thought because, to answer your questions:

1. No,

2. They are still there, we just can't post there any more because whoever does could be deleted at any moment without warning and SuddenLaunch could be completely wiped out as early as 2013 and,

3. There MIGHT be less glitches and it might be easier for new people to register because I have a feeling that some of the people the new people that sign up here aren't receiving their confirmation messages... although I never receive a response from new members when I ask them if that is the case.

The advantage to this board is it certainly has a lot more bells and whistles which lends it a different sort of community feel with the status updates on the front page, the embedded chat room, etc.

Right now it is neck and neck in the polls so we might be staying put here anyway. :lucythrill:

I hated to leave the old place but this one has started to grow on me, for corn sakes let's not change again, although i would love anything that would get us back some of the old people who are no longer coming here or very seldom. I'll go along with anything you want to do though. :lucysmirk::D

I like these boards; they're easy to navigate & familiar now. I know technology is constantly updating & changing, but sometimes I wish it would stand still for a minute & let me enjoy what I am used to ;)

Bottom line, though, Brock, is that you are a dear to make all of this available to us & whichever you prefer is fine with me. It does sound like a lot of work for you, though, moving an entire site.

I like these boards; they're easy to navigate & familiar now. I know technology is constantly updating & changing, but sometimes I wish it would stand still for a minute & let me enjoy what I am used to ;)

Bottom line, though, Brock, is that you are a dear to make all of this available to us & whichever you prefer is fine with me. It does sound like a lot of work for you, though, moving an entire site.

I know, he has a hernia from moving the last time. Poor kid! I say we save him the moving SPENSES and stay here. :lucythrill:

Been going to ask, for a long time, Brock:

JUST WHEN DO YOU FIND TIME TO SLEEP????

Love, JK

• 2 weeks later...

I really did like the old board, but like everyone else, I will slowly get used to this one too.

Im not sure about everyone else, but I find this board to be very slow at times. The old one worked very fast (for me anyway). Ive logged onto here from different computers so its not just one particular computer that makes it slow. Not sure. Maybe im just getting too impatient these days!!! LOL

I really did like the old board, but like everyone else, I will slowly get used to this one too.

Im not sure about everyone else, but I find this board to be very slow at times. The old one worked very fast (for me anyway). Ive logged onto here from different computers so its not just one particular computer that makes it slow. Not sure. Maybe im just getting too impatient these days!!! LOL

Slow AT TIMES? How about every single time, i guess i notice it more than others as i post so much. Wasn't able to get on all day today, so i came here through the OLD Lounge, and i finally figured out why the REPEAT posts, you click on it and nothing happens, over and over again so you keep clicking and more forcefully and eventually some come through as repeats. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lucydisgust:

Well I would say that I've come to prefer this board and it's workings, layout, features, a lot over the old version; however, since the recent move to the new server or whatever that happened "behind the scenes", it seems much more "buggy" and slow to respond than it did before. Not being very "techie", don't know whether that's a matter of getting some kinks worked out or what, but for me,it seems to hang up and/or crash much more often and I've had repeated instances where I either had difficulty getting on or I got on and just in trying to post a reply or go to another thread, it kicked me out altogether which, when all is said and done, isn't the end of the world, but when you're trying to do something just for the fun of it, it does make it a bit annoying.

Nuff said.

Well I would say that I've come to prefer this board and it's workings, layout, features, a lot over the old version; however, since the recent move to the new server or whatever that happened "behind the scenes", it seems much more "buggy" and slow to respond than it did before. Not being very "techie", don't know whether that's a matter of getting some kinks worked out or what, but for me,it seems to hang up and/or crash much more often and I've had repeated instances where I either had difficulty getting on or I got on and just in trying to post a reply or go to another thread, it kicked me out altogether which, when all is said and done, isn't the end of the world, but when you're trying to do something just for the fun of it, it does make it a bit annoying.

Nuff said.

More than a BIT annoying, raising blood pressure type of annoying. :lucyeww::lucyshock::lucydisgust:

Maybe it's just settling in? Again, the server hosts are still working it out. Ours isn't the only board effected right now so just hang in there. It seems to be working pretty well right now and it was very good and fast last night!

I wouldn't have moved the server but the people at Yahoo! were no hope whatsoever whenever we got those hateful SQL errors, disabling us for 48 hours at a time.

Archived