Here's Lucy: Season Four -- Reviews and First Impressions

I agree, the cars are ugly but the dogs are absolutely gorgeous! This would have to be around 1966/1967? Desi looks a little bit younger than his first appearance in Here's Lucy, so I'm guessing 1967...........any takers?

I assumed it was around the time of the taping of the shows like '67 or '68, i'm sure car experts can tell from the cars.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, even DRAFTED is better than the Gorboona episode, LOL! :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

Hey.. I don't know.. I ABSOLUTELY hate the episode DRAFTED .. but I damn near fell out of my chair when the Garboona shot her and in slow mo she ran, swung and fell down.. I thought for her age and for doing that live that that was some good stuff from her.. THAT slowmo jazz made me like the Garboona episode.... jus throwin my two centavos..

Hey.. I don't know.. I ABSOLUTELY hate the episode DRAFTED .. but I damn near fell out of my chair when the Garboona shot her and in slow mo she ran, swung and fell down.. I thought for her age and for doing that live that that was some good stuff from her.. THAT slowmo jazz made me like the Garboona episode.... jus throwin my two centavos..

Me too, I thought it was funny when she was in slooooo moooo but I wanted to cry for poor Lucy because she got shot with a tranquilizer gun in those safari clothes. :(

yeah I know I'm a weirdo.

Yeah, you're right, nothing can ever be as bad as Drafted! Gorboona at least has some great Lucy high jinks in it.

(And I'm getting such a kick out of your "pickaxe" gif!! (BTW - Do you need a special program or something to make those?? I've never figured out how to to do those, despite several ideas I've had to make my own). Thanks! :D

I just took several screen grabs, resized them to avatar size, loaded them into http://www.myspacegens.com/handler.php?gen=animatedimag , followed the directions and like Clark, Walter, and Hedy I was off to the races! lol

Dun't give it another thought, most Lucy fans are!

Wow! Came home last night (Friday) to happily find my S4 DVD from Deep Discount DVD (http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm) had already arrived!! :D

Spent the evening with the first disc, which includes the eps featuring Flip Wilson, Tony Randall, Dinah Shore and the inimitable "pickaxe up your ass" AND "doorknobs" sequences! marionstrong.gif

Will probably get through most of the set over the course of the weekend as it is once again expected to be rainy, which means I won't be running around much.

Looking forward to seeing the Gale doc, Pearl and of course, the home movies.

Once again, a stellar job by the GAB Guys and released through MPI.

Four down, only TWO to go!! Kids, we have almost EVERYTHING on DVD!!! Did you ever imagine??? ;)

Oh, and if you haven't ordered your copy(ies) online yet, and are debating between Deep Discount, Amazon and any other e-tailor, I can't more happily (nor suprised, being a big Amazon fan and customer!) nor highly recommend Deep Discount: the price inc. shipping was comparable within pennies of Amazon's AND I got it days before the "official" release date -- I'm IMPRESSED!!

Besos! ;)

Wow! Came home last night (Friday) to happily find my S4 DVD from Deep Discount DVD (http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm) had already arrived!! :D

Spent the evening with the first disc, which includes the eps featuring Flip Wilson, Tony Randall, Dinah Shore and the inimitable "pickaxe up your ass" AND "doorknobs" sequences! marionstrong.gif

Will probably get through most of the set over the course of the weekend as it is once again expected to be rainy, which means I won't be running around much.

Looking forward to seeing the Gale doc, Pearl and of course, the home movies.

Once again, a stellar job by the GAB Guys and released through MPI.

Four down, only TWO to go!! Kids, we have almost EVERYTHING on DVD!!! Did you ever imagine??? ;)

Oh, and if you haven't ordered your copy(ies) online yet, and are debating between Deep Discount, Amazon and any other e-tailor, I can't more happily (nor suprised, being a big Amazon fan and customer!) nor highly recommend Deep Discount: the price inc. shipping was comparable within pennies of Amazon's AND I got it days before the "official" release date -- I'm IMPRESSED!!

Besos! ;)

You didn't immediately go to the final disk? You're a strange breed of Lucy fan, I must say! :hlLOL:

You didn't immediately go to the final disk? You're a strange breed of Lucy fan, I must say! :hlLOL:

You just noticed??? ;)

I just wanted to see a few eps first as the last time I've seen most of these was the lousy PAX hacked up to smithereens versions -- and of course, to see these in glorious pristine remastered uncut presentation was so enjoyable I can't even tell you! Thought I'd just save those bonus goodies for the end, as sort of a treat! I know, I know...so strange. Oh well. Nice to have the set and can watch it at ANY time, right? :D

You just noticed??? ;)

I just wanted to see a few eps first as the last time I've seen most of these was the lousy PAX hacked up to smithereens versions -- and of course, to see these in glorious pristine remastered uncut presentation was so enjoyable I can't even tell you! Thought I'd just save those bonus goodies for the end, as sort of a treat! I know, I know...so strange. Oh well. Nice to have the set and can watch it at ANY time, right? :D

PAX actually did not cut the episodes. For some reason there are certain episodes in the syndication package that are edited (mostly from the second season, along with such shows as "Lucy, the Peacemaker" and "Lucy and Her Prince Charming.") There are only about ten of these. With the exception of the end credits, PAX did not edit them. They had great prints of the shows too. They did, unfortunately, slightly speed up the episodes.

PAX actually did not cut the episodes. For some reason there are certain episodes in the syndication package that are edited (mostly from the second season, along with such shows as "Lucy, the Peacemaker" and "Lucy and Her Prince Charming.") There are only about ten of these. With the exception of the end credits, PAX did not edit them. They had great prints of the shows too. They did, unfortunately, slightly speed up the episodes.

I never realized they actually DID something like THAT! Speeding it up, i can't believe it. As i go through my Lucy vault to elliminte things that i know have in flawless dvd condition, i see that some of the Lucy shows and Here's Lucy ones also were pretty decent copies that we had originally. I guess i've been remembering things like Lucy in London, or Lucy on The Mary Tyler Moore show and forgetting that some of these COPIES were of pretty good quality.

I never realized they actually DID something like THAT! Speeding it up, i can't believe it. As i go through my Lucy vault to elliminte things that i know have in flawless dvd condition, i see that some of the Lucy shows and Here's Lucy ones also were pretty decent copies that we had originally. I guess i've been remembering things like Lucy in London, or Lucy on The Mary Tyler Moore show and forgetting that some of these COPIES were of pretty good quality.

Not cut? Could have fooled me and I guess they did! Still, they were NOT broadcast as they originally were, which to my mind means they were messed with. Just one more reason they're out on DVD and will FINALLY be seen again as intended as they were originally broadcast on CBS all those years ago. So....over & out and AMEN!! marionstrong.gif

PAX actually did not cut the episodes. For some reason there are certain episodes in the syndication package that are edited (mostly from the second season, along with such shows as "Lucy, the Peacemaker" and "Lucy and Her Prince Charming.")

I can't wait to see the uncut versions of these episodes, especially as shots from the cut scenes appear in the end credits. Eydie in costume and Harry in the Prince of Montalbania's back seat.

Not cut? Could have fooled me and I guess they did! Still, they were NOT broadcast as they originally were, which to my mind means they were messed with. Just one more reason they're out on DVD and will FINALLY be seen again as intended as they were originally broadcast on CBS all those years ago. So....over & out and AMEN!! marionstrong.gif

Yeah when they were shown on SKY TV in the early nineties (or late eighties) they not only showed the edited versions but they speeded them up too

Archived