Here's Lucy: Season Four -- Reviews and First Impressions

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Very. But i shouldn't even be complaining. I know there's people here who have been waiting decades. My hat goes off to them.

Being one of thsoe people, i thank you for that hat toss. There was a point when none of her shows were showing here for a long long time, now we no longer need the networks or even the cable channels, we can schedule Lucy on our tv's any damn time we want.

Being one of thsoe people, i thank you for that hat toss. There was a point when none of her shows were showing here for a long long time, now we no longer need the networks or even the cable channels, we can schedule Lucy on our tv's any damn time we want.

U got that right. Payday is Thursday. Argh! I know I have over 4 grand but I like to be rational with my money. I budget myself to 40 dollars a week. That includes 20 bucks from the ATM and gas which isn't ALWAYS 20 dollars, it could be less.

I wish Target would carry these but nooooooo. Maybe this morning I'll go check. If not I'm def. buying from Deep Discount! Free shipping!

Episodes I can't wait to see--Lucy's Bonus Bounces, Lucy's Lucky Day, Lucy in the Jungle, Someone's on the Ski Lift with Dinah, Lucy and the Italian Bombshell. There's more but I can't name them all right now. Until then at least I have the Flip Wilson, Ginger Rogers and Viv episodes on the Best Of set.

It's an exciting day! My copy is expected to arrive today. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

NOW...up next, is the 4th Season of "The Lucy Show" with one of my favorite episodes "Lucy and Joan". Have always loved that episode. It's only a month away.

I know it's premature. But does anyone know what might be announced next. Could it be another season of HL later this year or is it the last of the quartet of specials that MPI plans to release ("Lucy Moves to NBC")?

It's an exciting LUCY year!!! :maryjane2:

I just realized how many appearance Lucy did in the late 70s and 80s. I checked out imdb.com. Now, I'm wondering if any of these would see the light of day as bonus features on future sets.

Particularly...

episode of THE PRACTICE (1976)

episode of THE MARY TYLER MOORE HOUR (1979)

A BEVERLY HILLS CHRISTMAS (1987) - I had never even heard of this before.

Has anyone seen these that can enlighten us on how long her appearances are?

I just realized how many appearance Lucy did in the late 70s and 80s. I checked out imdb.com. Now, I'm wondering if any of these would see the light of day as bonus features on future sets.

Particularly...

If they got Make Room For Granddaddy on DVD I wouldn't be surprised if we saw The Practice eventually.

Lucy's appearance on "Mary" is quite lengthy, but in "Beverly Hills Christmas", Lucy and Jimmy Steward perform a short recitation.

If they got Make Room For Granddaddy on DVD I wouldn't be surprised if we saw The Practice eventually.

Lucy's appearance on "Mary" is quite lengthy, but in "Beverly Hills Christmas", Lucy and Jimmy Steward perform a short recitation.

Thanks Brock! Hoping they do make it into the bonus feature section of one of the remaining seasons. I think MGM owns "The Practice" so I'm not sure what including that would entail. A clip from "Beverly Hills Christmas" would be nice too. I guess we will await the announcement of Season 5 and all its goodies with baited breath. :lucyhehe:

THE PRACTICE I saw around 1977/78 on British TV when it got a sparse showing in various regions of the UK. Can't recall much about her episode, but she was the main guest star (rather like her MAKE ROOM FOR GRANDDADDY appearance). THE PRACTICE has never been well received from what I have read.

Particularly...

I was hoping to watch this tonight but UPS screwed up and won't be delivering it until tomorrow even though it was supposed to be delivered today. Jesus, and I paid expedited for this. Won't make that mistake again. I thought I was playing it safe with UPS since the local Post Office seems to screw up so much. So much for their "through snow and sleet" motto. It isn't even raining outside. :lucymeh:

I was hoping to watch this tonight but UPS screwed up and won't be delivering it until tomorrow even though it was supposed to be delivered today. Jesus, and I paid expedited for this. Won't make that mistake again. I thought I was playing it safe with UPS since the local Post Office seems to screw up so much. So much for their "through snow and sleet" motto. It isn't even raining outside. :lucymeh:

Hey Robert, me too! What's up with UPS? I thought it was just me because we had weather problems around here, but I see they sent it to Colorado from Kentucky and then back to Kentucky again. What the frack?!

Anyway, it better be here tomorrow because I was so looking forward to watching it tonight. ::grumbles::

Particularly...

The Practice was so so, but the Mary Tyler Hour was T E R R I F I C , the Jimmy Stewart one was short and she does a reading, i have it and never watch it, it's boring, she looks good though considering it was a very short time before her death.

The Practice was so so, but the Mary Tyler Hour was T E R R I F I C , the Jimmy Stewart one was short and she does a reading, i have it and never watch it, it's boring, she looks good though considering it was a very short time before her death.

I wonder if the Mary Tyler Moore episode will be on a dvd release at some point. Isn't her original show complete on dvd? I have no idea because I was never a Mary Tyler Moore fan so I didn't collect the show on dvd.

Hey Robert, me too! What's up with UPS? I thought it was just me because we had weather problems around here, but I see they sent it to Colorado from Kentucky and then back to Kentucky again. What the frack?!

Anyway, it better be here tomorrow because I was so looking forward to watching it tonight. ::grumbles::

Well, I got it first thing this morning and was able to fit in the first episode before work. It was cool to see Kim Hamilton do the introduction. I remember her from episodes of "All in the Family", "Gimme a Break", "Good Times", "That's My Mama", and "The Jeffersons". For some reason, I forgot she was Flip Wilson's secretary in this episode. She looks great! And she looks back fondly at working with Lucy.

Can't wait to see the rest of the dvd. Incidentally, I did check out the promos for other MPI releases. I was hoping there was a promo for the upcoming Don Knotts dvd. There wasn't. But there was a promo for THE DONNA REED SHOW: Season 4. It didn't say when it was coming only that it would be a deluxe set of "The Lost Episodes". Will definitely pick that one up.

I just watched part of it then, I agree, she does look beautiful considering it was only 1.5 years before she died, but mind you, lots can happen in 1.5 years to your health! Heck, lots can happen in 1.5 days to your health! :lucyhorror:

Didn't you already have it from the BEST OF 24 Here's Lucy eps?

Lol nope. I didn't start buying Lucy dvd's until 2009, and only became aware of this series existence around that time.

I was born in '89 and am part of the generation who grew up with ILL on nick at nite in the 90's. These episodes are completely new to me.

F**K F**K F**K!!!! Today in the mail, I get an envelope with a DVD inside it and a sticker on the front saying "Here's Lucy Season 4". I open it and it's a DVD called "Mother Lode" starring Charlton Heston and Kim Basinger!!! :lucydisgust::lucyhorror::lucydisgust::lucyhorror::lucydisgust:

I am SO PISSED OFF!!!!! Not only does it annoy me now that I have to wait 1am my time before they even open shop but it's gonna take another 2 weeks now until I get the PROPER DVD sent to me!!!!! God I'm annoyed! Does anything ever go right for me???????? :(

F**K F**K F**K!!!! Today in the mail, I get an envelope with a DVD inside it and a sticker on the front saying "Here's Lucy Season 4". I open it and it's a DVD called "Mother Lode" starring Charlton Heston and Kim Basinger!!! :lucydisgust::lucyhorror::lucydisgust::lucyhorror::lucydisgust:

I am SO PISSED OFF!!!!! Not only does it annoy me now that I have to wait 1am my time before they even open shop but it's gonna take another 2 weeks now until I get the PROPER DVD sent to me!!!!! God I'm annoyed! Does anything ever go right for me???????? :(

All right, relax now, you haven't been told you have cancer or something like that, i'm not getting mine for weeks either, as boyfriend is getting it delivered at work 400 miles away and will only bring it to me when he comes to visit, honey we've been waiting YEARS for these, what's an extra few weeks, come on now, worse things could happen to you, although i certainly understand that adding insult to injury like that, i mean a Chuck Heston piece of s*** in there, i feel for you.

Lol nope. I didn't start buying Lucy dvd's until 2009, and only became aware of this series existence around that time.

I was born in '89 and am part of the generation who grew up with ILL on nick at nite in the 90's. These episodes are completely new to me.

Good God, are you TRYING to make me feel ancient, you were BORN when Lucy passed away. I was already THIRTY FRIGGIN NINE! YOU :lucie: ME :bill1: SHEESH!

Awwww, I'm sorry Miki. I feel 4 ya. That is annoying. Does anybody do quality control checks anymore?! Anyhow, I hope it gets resolved for you quickly.

Archived