Chinese Curse: TERRIBLE!

Replacement: Ok

Moves Out: Good

Sublets: TERRIBLE!

Romance: Great!

Viv: Loved it!

Apron Strings: TERRIBLE!

Onto the extras tomorrow

So in conclusion my TOP favourites this season are: Bombshell, Dan Dailey, Ginger Rogers, Vivian

The ones I disliked were: Bonus, Chinese, Sublets and Apron

Ginger Rogers: Loved it!

Celebrities: Loved it!

Dan Dailey: Loved it!

David Frost: Great!

Jungle: Silly, but still fun to watch

Candid Camera: Very funny

Lucky Day: Ok

Bonus Bounces: TERRIBLE!

Old Lady: Pretty bad

Chinese Curse: TERRIBLE!

Replacement: Ok

Moves Out: Good

Sublets: TERRIBLE!

Romance: Great!

Viv: Loved it!

Apron Strings: TERRIBLE!

Onto the extras tomorrow

So in conclusion my TOP favourites this season are: Bombshell, Dan Dailey, Ginger Rogers, Vivian

The ones I disliked were: Bonus, Chinese, Sublets and Apron

Gotta agree with alot ot these one-word "reviews", at least as far as "Apron Strings" was concerned: B&M were hardly at their best here, and the casting of vet character actors Tolsky, who overacted every scene with "new best girlfriend" Kim/Lucie just annoyed rather than entertained and Mama Ball must have been onset since Oppenheimer (over) projected to the rafters to the point of annoyance, despite the obvious use of microphones! Eesh! Lucie deserved better. (Plus the show's set up was lame too -- I mean, anyone familiar with LA would know that an apartment "at the marina" (Marina Del Rey) -- even back in the early 70s -- would be a fortune for a single gal, just starting out and without a steady job, yet! Come on!!)

All the bonus features, particularly the tribute to GG and all the home-shot footage was priceless! (Can you imagine being in one of the tour buses that frequented the Roxbury neighborhood back then and happened upon LB and her kids cavorting all over the front lawn??? OMG!!)

Fun to see use of some clips,brief though they may have been from a couple of 5th season shows (e.g., Eva Gabor).

And nobody asked me, but personally I hate "best of" sets as opposed to either season -by-season or even "the entire series" collections and I think they're just doing this release either for the casual buyer who wouldn't normally pick up a season set (fools!) and/or a stop-gap measure since we won't probably see the last two seasons for awhile, since the interviews shot only were done for Seasons 1 -4 --thus far, anyway.

Plus, next up is the last special release ("NBC"), in which in this case I can't honestly say they've "saved the best for last", although it will be cool to not only be able to see it again,but own it in archival form. :D

Gotta agree with alot ot these one-word "reviews", at least as far as "Apron Strings" was concerned: B&M were hardly at their best here, and the casting of vet character actors Tolsky, who overacted every scene with "new best girlfriend" Kim/Lucie just annoyed rather than entertained and Mama Ball must have been onset since Oppenheimer (over) projected to the rafters to the point of annoyance, despite the obvious use of microphones! Eesh! Lucie deserved better. (Plus the show's set up was lame too -- I mean, anyone familiar with LA would know that an apartment "at the marina" (Marina Del Rey) -- even back in the early 70s -- would be a fortune for a single gal, just starting out and without a steady job, yet! Come on!!)

All the bonus features, particularly the tribute to GG and all the home-shot footage was priceless! (Can you imagine being in one of the tour buses that frequented the Roxbury neighborhood back then and happened upon LB and her kids cavorting all over the front lawn??? OMG!!)

Fun to see use of some clips,brief though they may have been from a couple of 5th season shows (e.g., Eva Gabor).

And nobody asked me, but personally I hate "best of" sets as opposed to either season -by-season or even "the entire series" collections and I think they're just doing this release either for the casual buyer who wouldn't normally pick up a season set (fools!) and/or a stop-gap measure since we won't probably see the last two seasons for awhile, since the interviews shot only were done for Seasons 1 -4 --thus far, anyway.

Plus, next up is the last special release ("NBC"), in which in this case I can't honestly say they've "saved the best for last", although it will be cool to not only be able to see it again,but own it in archival form. :D

In a way they HAVE saved the BEST for LAST as Lucy in London has not been released yet. And what the heck is the tribute to GG? Golden girls? Gary's galoshes? What?

Personally I have never been a fan of "extras" on DVD sets. In general, I find most of them boring and this DVD was a perfect example of why I dislike them! The "Remembering GG" extra was ok, but it's not like we learnt anything/saw anything new. It was just showing clips from Here's Lucy episodes and everyone saying what a wonderful guy he was. The Dinah Shore radio interviews were probably the most boring "Lets Talk To Lucy" interviews I have heard yet! As if I care about hearing about how much she loves decorating her house for 20 minutes! The Lucy Vaults were ok, the only good one was the home movie which only lasted a few minutes but it was better than nothing. The farm/snow ones didn't interest me that much but it was still good to see, even though I've seen that sort of thing before in previous DVD sets. The Pearl Bailey show was meh, not bad but not great, Lucy looked lovely but that's about it I'm afraid. Oh, and those LDCH commercials were fast forward material just like the Dinah Shore interviews were. p.s - It was great seeing your name in the GG rememberance extra Brock!!!! :gale1:

Personally I have never been a fan of "extras" on DVD sets. In general, I find most of them boring and this DVD was a perfect example of why I dislike them! The "Remembering GG" extra was ok, but it's not like we learnt anything/saw anything new. It was just showing clips from Here's Lucy episodes and everyone saying what a wonderful guy he was. The Dinah Shore radio interviews were probably the most boring "Lets Talk To Lucy" interviews I have heard yet! As if I care about hearing about how much she loves decorating her house for 20 minutes! The Lucy Vaults were ok, the only good one was the home movie which only lasted a few minutes but it was better than nothing. The farm/snow ones didn't interest me that much but it was still good to see, even though I've seen that sort of thing before in previous DVD sets. The Pearl Bailey show was meh, not bad but not great, Lucy looked lovely but that's about it I'm afraid. Oh, and those LDCH commercials were fast forward material just like the Dinah Shore interviews were. p.s - It was great seeing your name in the GG rememberance extra Brock!!!! :gale1:

Geez, i used to think i was a harsh critic but i bow to you buddy, i'm not fit to touch the hem of your burnoose. Some of us already have all these shows, and the EXTRAS are the only reason to buy these sets, well that and the picture clarity of the shows of course.

Geez, i used to think i was a harsh critic but i bow to you buddy, i'm not fit to touch the hem of your burnoose. Some of us already have all these shows, and the EXTRAS are the only reason to buy these sets, well that and the picture clarity of the shows of course.

:lucythrill: I look forward to reading your thoughts on the extras...........I really just didn't think much of them, sadly.

:lucythrill: I look forward to reading your thoughts on the extras...........I really just didn't think much of them, sadly.

Yes, i understand, BUT, it's the combination of all of them served up on all twelve seasons of these two series that satisfies my quest for anything not previously released of Lucy's valuable and thoroughly enjoyable private vault type of material. Just the thought of seeing Lucy at H O M E and that side of her is quite enough to get my goose pimples bulging. For lack of a better but less appropriate term i would normally want to use here, LOL!

I disagree with this post with every fibre of my being -- except for the last sentence. LOL Thanks!

I disagree with this post with every fibre of my being -- except for the last sentence. LOL Thanks!

LOL! You are more than welcome about the last bit, but in relation to everything else, I guess each to their own, that's what makes all of us unique! (some more than others) :lucythrill:

I've watched a handful of episodes so far and I gotta say, Lucy is really doing some of her best work here. It's hard to believe she's in her 60s, she seems so relaxed and like she's having a genuinely good time (not that she wasn't before, it just seems more prevalent here) AND she and Lucie work together beautifully, reminiscent at times of Lucy and Ethel. As far as extras I've only had time for the Roxbury home movie, I'll get to the others later...

Still waiting for mine to come. Got excited yesterday when I saw the mail man drop a DVD shaped parcel at the door but alas it was not to be....

I get that alot. I hate when I'm expecting something and there is a package at the door and it's not for me, it's for somebody else. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I've watched a handful of episodes so far and I gotta say, Lucy is really doing some of her best work here. It's hard to believe she's in her 60s, she seems so relaxed and like she's having a genuinely good time (not that she wasn't before, it just seems more prevalent here) AND she and Lucie work together beautifully, reminiscent at times of Lucy and Ethel. As far as extras I've only had time for the Roxbury home movie, I'll get to the others later...

There are others? LOL!

You said it! :marionstrong:

I think I've been misinterpreted and I probably wrote the wrong thing. The main thing that disappointed me was the Pearl Bailey Show. I really was hoping for an actual interview, it wasn't Lucy, it was the show that annoyed me and the Remembering Gale Gordon was great but I was really hoping to have more information about his life, not just clips from Here's Lucy. On a side note, what episode was the first clip from again where they are both singing and dancing and then Gale sings "Get back to work or you will be fired" ?

YAY mine is here WAHOO! Arrived today, am already up to Italian Bombshell. OK I got em all already but to quote Ricky Ricardo I cant get over how clear the picture is ;-)

My boyfriend has mine and he's delivering it next Friday, Good Friday, so it'll be my Easter present, along with two new Lucy books by Michael Karol. I'm popping that clip of the Roxbury mansion on first and after i clean up the drool i'll check out the rest of the special features.

Last time I watched all the bonus stuff first then watched the episodes I had ofcourse seen already.

This time I am doing it the other way around, or at least trying to, so as a result have already raced through the first disc LOL

G L U T T O N , i always ration my episodes. A few a day settles my Lucy FIX.

Archived