Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 2 - April

leenorman

A LITTLE ANNIVERSARY PRESENT FROM THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK: I've only been posting as part of the Lounge for about 4 years, when Brock invited the 'formers' of the Center on to 'air their beefs' about the 'trouble' within the Center at the hands of arrdubya and company:

This will be in the April 6, 1946 chronology; but, just 'found' this little item yesterday, and thought you might be pleased to see it:

MGM’s, Ziegfeld Follies’ star-studded cast includes Lucille Ball, a panther tamer – a novelty of a film, with no plot; many stars; two-years in the making, also features William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), in a skit “A Sweepstakes Ticket.” Ziegfeld Follies is one of the top-grossing films this year, with upwards of 5.3 million dollars in ticket sales, although costing 3.2 million dollars to produce. This film wins the Cannes Film Festival Award for Musical Comedy, [An oddity - in an uncredited part of a chrous boy: Ricky Ricardi!!!] film released this date in 1946.

It's been my pleasure to join the 'family' here; and I greatly appreciate all the assistance you have given me on my chronology - keep ideas, etc., coming!!!!

Love, JK

Another famous author with the initials J K or are YOU J K Rowling and never told us?

Archived