Here's Lucy: Season 5 -- FEBRUARY 28!

Brock

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the banana dipped in whipped cream in his fanny what I think it was supposed to be? :lucydisgust:

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. Let's get back to Lucy. Went to the stores today and found all THREE of her series available for sale in a market that's mostly French and she was never that BIG here, but you can't stop LUCY anywhere, anytime anyhow!

Aren't they all scheduled to come out by the end of this year? I mean, is it because they don't want to compete with everything else out there for Lucy's 100th and ILL's 60th?

I don't think we've heard definate dates for either. And aside from The Lucy Show's fifth season, what other releases are there to compete with? Sad thing is, I don't think there is anything.

I don't think we've heard definate dates for either. And aside from The Lucy Show's fifth season, what other releases are there to compete with? Sad thing is, I don't think there is anything.

Oh so The Lucy Show's 5th is the only one i have on order for December then? Well, that's enough for me, there's only three more seasons of her shows left after that so i can wait, there's so little left to get.

I dont want it to ever end! Now we can just wait on Life With Lucy!

Me either, and I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm complaining about there not being a release date yet, because I'm not. Rather, I'm disappointed that there isn't a box set of her films coming out or something, there are still so many of those that need released and this was such a prime opportunity.

Me either, and I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm complaining about there not being a release date yet, because I'm not. Rather, I'm disappointed that there isn't a box set of her films coming out or something, there are still so many of those that need released and this was such a prime opportunity.

But they did release a BEST of series for both ILL and HL this year you know!

But they did release a BEST of series for both ILL and HL this year you know!

Yes, that's true. But not thrilling for me as I already own those episodes (or in the case of HL, I WILL own) and don't have the shelf space or spare cash for repeats. Oh well, hopefully with more Archive releases on the horizon we'll see most (all?) of her movies released in the next few years.

Yes, that's true. But not thrilling for me as I already own those episodes (or in the case of HL, I WILL own) and don't have the shelf space or spare cash for repeats. Oh well, hopefully with more Archive releases on the horizon we'll see most (all?) of her movies released in the next few years.

Yeah, pobably just as a NEW format takes hold, LOL!

Yeah, pobably just as a NEW format takes hold, LOL!

So true. What I find interesting is that, with VHS we had almost all (or did we have ALL?) of Lucy's movies but only bits and pieces of her TV series. With DVD we've had the opposite: all of her series (and specials...almost!) but only some of her films. Wonder what'll happen with Blu-ray? Considering that some shows are comfortably fitting entire seasons on two Blu-ray discs, they could squeeze quite a few movies on to one disc!

So true. What I find interesting is that, with VHS we had almost all (or did we have ALL?) of Lucy's movies but only bits and pieces of her TV series. With DVD we've had the opposite: all of her series (and specials...almost!) but only some of her films. Wonder what'll happen with Blu-ray? Considering that some shows are comfortably fitting entire seasons on two Blu-ray discs, they could squeeze quite a few movies on to one disc!

That's a really good point! I think almost all were on VHS, but definitely not all. The Magic Carpet never got a VHS release, as I remember looking and looking for it for years with no avail. But now with a lot of new archive MOD releases, her film catalogue is rapidly growing on DVD.

LOL, watch the next format to be released be an old-school throwback. Like HD-VHS or Laser1080Disc.

That's a really good point! I think almost all were on VHS, but definitely not all. The Magic Carpet never got a VHS release, as I remember looking and looking for it for years with no avail. But now with a lot of new archive MOD releases, her film catalogue is rapidly growing on DVD.

LOL, watch the next format to be released be an old-school throwback. Like HD-VHS or Laser1080Disc.

Or etch a sketch Lucy, LOL! Many of her movies have never seen the light of day regardless of format. Let's hope one day, when they run out of tv shows, they settle on a huge boxed set from each studio she worked at.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this is just a typo.

Could be but perhaps not, after all Sony squeezed 8 episodes a disc to many of their sitcom releases (i.e. Bewitched, Jeannie, Partridge Family, Hazel, etc.) and they looked fine. Of course that means there's next to no room for bonus features. Harumph! Since I've heard otherwise, I'm thinking it's a typo and they meant 4.

Just nice to finally see a release date for it and that it's finally being released! Just wish it wasn't such an extended wait since I'd been told it'd be out next month. Oh well. rolleyes.gif

Archived