Here's Lucy: Season 5 -- FEBRUARY 28!

Brock

This maybe breaking news..........

According to Movies Unlimited, HERE'S LUCY season 5 is out on 28 Feb 2012, though they are saying a 3 Disc set.

If that date is correct, then that means it took them almost a year to get another season out on DVD. That is not too impressive considering the duration between the releases of the prior seasons as those were reasonable and shorter. I certainly hope we don't have to wait another year to get season six. Just be done with it already.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that date is correct, then that means it took them almost a year to get another season out on DVD. That is not too impressive considering the duration between the releases of the prior seasons as those were reasonable and shorter. I certainly hope we don't have to wait another year to get season six. Just be done with it already.

:rolleyes:

C'mon now. A lot of love and hard work go into these sets and it shows in the quality and quantity of what's offered with each release. I know it's taken a little longer this time because all of the intros and whatnot weren't filmed until recently. Personally, I've waited for years and I can wait a few more if necessary.

:rolleyes:

C'mon now. A lot of love and hard work go into these sets and it shows in the quality and quantity of what's offered with each release. I know it's taken a little longer this time because all of the intros and whatnot weren't filmed until recently. Personally, I've waited for years and I can wait a few more if necessary.

Same here, gives us something to look forward to. What will we do when the twelve seasons have been released? Boxed sets of the two series?

What Mister Hepburn so eloquently said. And I would have just said something like, you should be grateful we're getting them at all, you bonehead! Obviously you don't know everything entailed to get these things made in the first place! It's a helluva lot harder to produce a DVD set -- and do it RIGHT -- than going to pull one off your shelf and pop it in your player! Idiot. :rolleyes:

What Mister Hepburn so eloquently said. And I would have just said something like, you should be grateful we're getting them at all, you bonehead! Obviously you don't know everything entailed to get these things made in the first place! It's a helluva lot harder to produce a DVD set -- and do it RIGHT -- than going to pull one off your shelf and pop it in your player! Idiot. :rolleyes:

No need to call names, Joe-Joe. Though, I'd like to add, I don't think MPI is trying to impress us with quick releases but rather quality ones. That's all I have to say. That and I'm glad its being released in February, it'll give me something to enjoy during one of those awful Ohio snowstorms! :peachonthebeach:

And don't forget MPI have said they WILL release the entire 6 seasons of HL. Let's hope that LUCY MOVES TO NBC is also on the horizon for 2012 (and who knows, LIFE WITH LUCY next perhaps)

I received today the LOST HONEYMOONERS set, which I will be watching Christmas week, together with the classic 39 set too.

I certainly hope LWL is next! The thought of owning every episode of her television series would be thrilling!

Then after LWL, they'll start on her guest appearances on talk shows, variety shows and game shows, there's really never going to be an end to the material that comes out you know.

No need to call names, Joe-Joe. Though, I'd like to add, I don't think MPI is trying to impress us with quick releases but rather quality ones. That's all I have to say. That and I'm glad its being released in February, it'll give me something to enjoy during one of those awful Ohio snowstorms! :peachonthebeach:

Uh, was agreeing with YOU if you go back and read what I actually wrote! And I wasn't really calling anyone names, just shared what I would have liked to say if I were going to say it in lieu of your more "generous" interpretation.

But frankly, the criticism on how fast, how slow, how this, how that these things get cranked out wears thin very quickly with me at this point since I know the folks who're working on them and how much time, effort and dedication they're putting into trying to put the best product possible out there and yet not everything is in their control so it can be pretty frustrating for them, too.

So, give it a rest! They're announced, their coming out, show a little appreciation! They'll be worth the wait. Over and out! ;)

TVShowsonDVD confirms that it WILL be a 4 disk set but the February 28 date could change:

This past April we passed along word that the Here's Lucy - Season 5 DVD set was in-the-works from MPI Home Video, as mentioned in an insert found with the CBS DVD release of The Lucy Show - The Official 4th Season. The insert even had an early look at the package art, which we've got once again at the bottom for you. Above that is a pre-order link to purchase the title from Amazon.com; this listing was added yesterday on the Thanksgiving holiday, and it shows a release date of February 28th, and a cost of $29.98 SRP. The disc count says "1", but we've confirmed with the studio that this will be a 4-DVD set. However, our studio contact tells us that the release date shown may turn out to be correct, but actually isn't finalized just yet. There's a "technical issue" they have to overcome before the formal scheduling can take place, and they hope that this happens next week and the official word could then go out. It will be at least that long, we're told, before things are set in stone. So for now, take the Amazon-displayed date with a small grain of salt, until the studio confirms it completely. Stay tuned! Our thanks to reader Mark C Bale for being the first to clue us in about the Amazon entry.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Heres-Lucy-Season-5/16249#ixzz1ekEoo3vp

HC told us that they started taping for S5 in March 1972 and wrapped in August. You would think they STARTED in August! lol. Where did that info come from? They did this because of Mame's filming schedule, correct? And Mame was supposed to be released in 1973?

The season started filming in March and I belive it ended in August or thereabouts. I'm not one hundred percent positive about that. The fourth season began filming in April. Lucy would get restless and what to start a new season as early as possible. Mame was originally scheduled to be released Christmas 1973.

My memory is that "Mame" filmed from January to June of 1973, making Lucy a MERE 61 at the time of filming. I wish some PUBLISHED AUTHOR would write a book about the filming of Mame...(hint...) because it seems fascinating to me. There are many things that don't make sense

#1 (and this is only one of many) being the fact that the release was delayed until "Easter-time", because they wanted to do another edit. I'd like to know what they changed. Some have written that the reason was that Warners didn't have much faith in the movie, yet they gave it big build-up with Radio City, covering the big Cinerama dome with an Easter bonnet (why??), a fox hot in Atlanta, speakeasy party in Chicago, even a Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor "Peachy Mame" with the album cover art (Lucy on the moon) hanging from the B-R ceiling.

I don't know where that put the filming schedule for HL's 6th season. Maybe some episodes were done before "Mame". Some of those early episodes had a sloppy feel to them, so maybe they were rushing them out immediately after Mame. You'd think she would have wanted some sort of break. All I do know is that "Lucy Meets Lucy" was filmed sometime during the latter part of December 1973. And doesn't she mention just having done the Frankie Avalon episode when she's on that Merv that features the first clips of Mame? The Merv show was done in Oct or Nov 73.

As far as

The season started filming in March and I belive it ended in August or thereabouts. I'm not one hundred percent positive about that. The fourth season began filming in April. Lucy would get restless and what to start a new season as early as possible. Mame was originally scheduled to be released Christmas 1973.

In theory it could be technical problems if they can't find a suitable piece of replacement music. :lucythrill:

Before the DVD sets started to be released, I heard they were going to make sure all the original music was included. I don't know if that's changed or not. We've gotten this far without a change and the last two seasons are less music heavy than previous ones.

Archived