Here's Lucy: Season 5 -- FEBRUARY 28!

Brock

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, his acting was okay, but when he had to rely on his own wit...I think people were left wanting. lol

Well, Jewish humor was BIG in comedy back then and most comics WERE Jewish but that left little for me to relate to in his monologue as i was younger, non Jewish and unmarried and gay or bisexual, so that left little to laugh about that we could BOTH relate to. Phyllis Diller joked about being ugly, Joan Rivers about being desperate, now those i could relate to.

• 2 weeks later...

Now you see Taylor, this post by VBagley i thought of giving a negative point to as i also think MAME is absolutely terrific and Lucy at her best BUT i LOVE VBagley so i took it as humor which is what it was intended as i'm sure.

Thank you for seeing where I was coming from. No, I don't "hate" Mame by a long shot, I prefer it to a number of so called "movies" out there. While I do respect and enjoy parts of the film, and admire Lucy's determination, I also agree with much of the criticism aimed at the film.

Now, I need to make this clear...most of the problems I have with the film do NOT concern Lucy at all! I didn't care for the way it was directed, edited or shot in many places. I think it should've been helmed by a more learned film director, not a theatre director.

Overall I liked Lucy in it, she had some great moments. While I see where the "miscast" venom comes from, I don't fully support it. I think Lucy especially fits in later in the film, when the character has grown older anyways.

But, I appreciate you seeing where I was coming from and I LOVE that you luv me! :D

Thank you for seeing where I was coming from. No, I don't "hate" Mame by a long shot, I prefer it to a number of so called "movies" out there. While I do respect and enjoy parts of the film, and admire Lucy's determination, I also agree with much of the criticism aimed at the film.

Now, I need to make this clear...most of the problems I have with the film do NOT concern Lucy at all! I didn't care for the way it was directed, edited or shot in many places. I think it should've been helmed by a more learned film director, not a theatre director.

Overall I liked Lucy in it, she had some great moments. While I see where the "miscast" venom comes from, I don't fully support it. I think Lucy especially fits in later in the film, when the character has grown older anyways.

But, I appreciate you seeing where I was coming from and I LOVE that you luv me! :D

Luv everything about you, your thoughts, insights, great opinions etc . . .and now we can add your photoshop skills with a dvd cover . . . now as for Mame, you're right on the money, the director was SUPPOSED to be the great female director WILL PUT IN IN HIS NAME WHEN I REMEMBER IT, he left when Mame was delayed a year because of Lucy's broken leg, he went on to Travels with my aunt and got an Oscar nomination for Maggie Smith. I think the direction IS the worst part of Mame.

Archived