RIP Madelyn Pugh Davis

mark bale

OMG this is so sad, the end of an era so to speak, a real decent caring thoughtful human being who also happened to be a genius at writing comedic situations with her partner Bob. It is a sacrilege that she was nominated three times and never won the Emmy, her work on Lucy's shows warrented her getting a SPECIAL Emmy for writing the world's greatest sitcom. But at least she lived to be 90, i can't believe the woman Lucy used to call KID was only ten years younger than her.

OH NO!!!! :(

I can't find any other sources on this other than the link above. Are we sure it is legit? I want this verified before I start freaking out...

Incredibly sad. And yes, of the original triumvirate, she was the last to go, but Mr. Schiller, at 90-something, is still with us, thankfully.

She was truly a class act, a lovely lady (had the pleasure of not only seeing her at the Lucy Conventions as well as her book signing) and of course, a pioneer in television, trailblazing as one of the first female writers in the business.

Thank you Miss Davis for over 60 years of comedic genius. God Bless. sleep.gif

As i started the thread I assumed you meant that I was playing a sick joke.

No Mark, I did not mean that and I don't think it's the right place, let alone the right thread to get into an argument. Don't put words into my mouth that I NEVER said!

Archived