WE MISS YOU LUCY!

C L A U D E

Carol Burnett always says that NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T THINK OF HER . . .well, i can understand that as it's the same for me. I am so thankful to Lucy for providing me an escape as a child, entertainment as an adult and laughs in general all through my life, someone to idolize and look up to, admire and worship from afar, be mentored by with her practical advice, an example of a hardworking person who got rewarded for all she did, a person who gave back, who helped others in so many ways. But mostly for making us laugh non stop for decades and making our lives so much richer by her being a part of it. For that i thank her every day. And will continue to do so till the day i join her, as millions have done before me and after i'm gone. The world loves Lucy and on this sad day when we remember how much we lost when she left us, we also are thankful for all that she left behind, a body of work that has been enjoyed by the world for decades and will go on doing so till the end of time. :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::gasp::ill:

Megan Conte from Boston. I've asked her to join the lounge, if she hasn't already. She posted it on the Here's Lucy facebook page.

Thanks for id'ing her, i saw she was lurking here and sent her a PM telling her how great that clip she made was and what a beautiful tribute to Lucy she had done, told her also to come on here and get some more praise, she's sure earned it!

Welcome to the LOUNGE, Megan; your tribute to Lucille Ball was heart-warming, and wonderfully 'put together' - I appreciate it.

Hoping all is well with you and yours.... tell us something about yourself, and what prompted you to put the piece together for us.

Fondly, Joyce Kellogg

Thanks everyone! =) I will post my videos when I make them. I have finals going on right now so I d=might now have any more until the summer...which is only 2 weeks away!! I have been a Lucy fan since I was about 12 years old in 5th grade. I was flipping through channels on tv and came across ILL. I asked my mom what it was and she told me it was a funny and very popular show from the 50's. The episode was The Diner and I loved it!! I went out that week and started to buy all the dvds. I have all of her shows now that are out and a ton of memorabilia! Im 18 now and still completely in love with Lucy! I watch at east and episode a day, they always put me in a good mood no matter how im feeling!

Thanks everyone! =) I will post my videos when I make them. I have finals going on right now so I d=might now have any more until the summer...which is only 2 weeks away!! I have been a Lucy fan since I was about 12 years old in 5th grade. I was flipping through channels on tv and came across ILL. I asked my mom what it was and she told me it was a funny and very popular show from the 50's. The episode was The Diner and I loved it!! I went out that week and started to buy all the dvds. I have all of her shows now that are out and a ton of memorabilia! Im 18 now and still completely in love with Lucy! I watch at east and episode a day, they always put me in a good mood no matter how im feeling!

Welcome sweetie, and if your post does not sum up a typical Lucy fan, i dun't know what does! Classic!

Claude, what beautiful tributes you wrote to Lucy in your posts here.

Welcome, Megan :) ! Thanks so much for posting that touching video.

Echoing others who are in disbelief that Lucy has been gone for 22 years ... she seems more alive than ever with all the DVDs of her shows being released. :ill:

Claude, what beautiful tributes you wrote to Lucy in your posts here.

Welcome, Megan :) ! Thanks so much for posting that touching video.

Echoing others who are in disbelief that Lucy has been gone for 22 years ... she seems more alive than ever with all the DVDs of her shows being released. :ill:

I repeat that my tributes as you call them were totally off the cuff and not written properly but from the heart. Megan's clip was absoluteloy terrific. And i so agree about your last comment, she'll never leave us as she's still with us in all those great shows, George Burns said that when she died.

Archived