Least favourite episodes

I Love Lucy: Pilot/Audition, Benefit, Dummy

TLDCH: Moustache

The Lucy Show: Digs Up a Date, Reporter, Golf Game, Danny Kaye, Music World, Danny Thomas, Return of Iron Man, Milton Berle, Wayne Newton, Soap Opera, Starmaker, Robert Goulet, Carol Burnett Part II, Pool Hustler, Phil Harris, Mooney's Other Wife, Ken Barry

Here's Lucy: Ann Margret, Sammy Davis Jr., Rudy Vallee, Carol Burnett (3rd season), Candid Camera, Jim Bailey, Frankie Avalon, Phil Harris

Ann Margret is one of my favorite Desi Jr. appearances but I agree Lucy wasn't use much in it. I like how Lucy could be a star and sometimes have the guest take the show. I think that is why I like Wayne Newton and Lucy the Starmaker because you see her admiration for Frank Avalon. I agree with Phil harris; except for his song at the end the show was unfunny and unentertaining. Rudy Vallee was funny because it was so bad you had to laugh and I love Lucy and Lucie's outfits. I love Lucy and Carol Burnett (3rd Season Here's Lucy).

Lucy Bags A Bargain? :lucyhorror:

I hate how the story ends without Lucy acknowledging she got the table. After putting up with that old bag she deserved it free. It was funny with the wigs and the ball rolling around as well as everyone stuck in the tent but I wish it ended different because it made me feel bad for Lucy.

I think it's so interesting how most people will write at least one episode that is the same as someone elses dislike but then that person will write another dislike that is the other persons favourite! LOL! Did that make sense?

The Lucy Show (First Season):

Lucy Waits Up For Chris

Lucy Is A Referee

Lucy's Barbershop Quartet

Lucy Visits The White House

Lucy And Viv Take Up Chemistry

Lucy And The Little League

Lucy And The Runaway Butterfly

Lucy's Barbershop Quartet is one of my all time favourites!

Lucy's Barbershop Quartet is one of my all time favourites!

Most of my "least" favorite episodes, are the ones (From all 3 shows) that end up musical/stage shows. There are some exceptions, such as Ethel Merman. I also liked the Mickey Rooney/Charlie Chaplain episode. Guess it depends on the theme or the guest-star.

I just finished watching Lucy and the Music World and i am finding it so catchy. I just love the goofiness of the whole show. “Forgive the looks of the apartment; you know how musicians how.” (Lucy opens the door and tightens her bathrobe and gives a great facial look.)

“What kind of a job do those prepare you for?” :Lucy

They don’t prepare for anything but give you fancy reasons why you are out of work.” (Mel after saying he took sociology and philosophy.)

I love the funny song titles Lucy reads to Mel in the office.

I love their parody of hippie/beach music. Overall this is to me a good show that I don't understand why people don't like it.

I just finished watching Lucy and the Music World and i am finding it so catchy. I just love the goofiness of the whole show. “Forgive the looks of the apartment; you know how musicians how.” (Lucy opens the door and tightens her bathrobe and gives a great facial look.)

“What kind of a job do those prepare you for?” :Lucy

They don’t prepare for anything but give you fancy reasons why you are out of work.” (Mel after saying he took sociology and philosophy.)

I love the funny song titles Lucy reads to Mel in the office.

I love their parody of hippie/beach music. Overall this is to me a good show that I don't understand why people don't like it.

When I first saw this episode , it was so fun and entertaining. Lucy in a long red wig and showing off those beautiful long legs of hers. I thought of Lucy and Mel singing together a slight parody of Sonny And Cher of the 1960's. I thinks she uses that red wig a season later when Viv and her dress up like hippies to hang out on Sunset Strip.

I don't get how many people dislike "White House," "Runaway Butterfly," "Marineland" and especially "Music World." How can you NOT find the "Wing Ding" theme fun and catchy?

White House is just plain ridiculous and stupid - especially the horse scene. Runaway Butterfly is boring - all you see is Lucy running around trying to catch something for 24 minutes. I never said I dislike Marineland, I thought it was a good season opener but personally I've never been a fan of any Lucy outdoor shoots for her TV series and re. Music World - whilst the song might be catchy, I watch the show for LUCY - not to hear a bunch of nobody's singing "We Gotta Have A Wing Ding"! :lucyshock:

Lucy Goes To London is one of your LEAST favourites of Season Five? Have you lost your bloomin' doo-dah, Teri? :marionstrong:

I liked "The Desilu" pilot with Gale and Lucy better than this one. The focus was more on Lucy and Gale rather than that third passenger. They've got to include the Lucy in London Special as a bonus feature for the fifth season DVD.

The Lucy Show (5th. Season)- since I have seen 98% of the episodes on public domain DVDS. I think I am ready to list the least favorite ones:

Lucy Goes To London

Mooney The Monkey

Lucy And Tennessee Ernie Ford

I want to revise my selection of worsts: I want to take off the list: Lucy And Tennessee Ernie Ford

Carole Cooke and Gale Gordon dancing the BUMP is one of the factors!!! :marionstrong:

Wow! What an interesting question and what diverse and interesting replys.. As I recall, if an episode had an amusing or fun moment for me, I couldn't list it as a "dislike".. And with some of the "dislikes" you all have listed.. we might have to go outside and fight!.. hahaha.. okay.. I won't debate anyone's "dislike list" .. so here's my dislike list to the best of my knowledge at this time..

I Love Lucy:

I absolutely HATE "Drafted"! I don't know enough words to describe my disdane for that revolting 23 minutes I will never get back! Some of the other episode titles escape me I don't know the exact title.. so bear with me..

I hate the one where little Ricky gets his tonsills out!

I hate the stupid Orson Wells one, what a waste of talent

Oh good GOD.. that rodeo one.. it is a pretty good show till they perform at that rodeo.. I only wish I had some tomatoes to throw at the tv screen..

In fact.. most of season five of ILL is shit!

The Lucy Desi Comedy HOUR:

Except for "The Celebrity Nextdoor", I like only certain moments of these.. these start to loose my intrest, however, I do like to see where they are going.. but after I find out, I find I really don't care.. but there are moments in most all of them I like, but it takes so long to get to one of those "fleeting" moments! (I'm not going hurtling through space in one of those strung out ferris wheels!)

The Lucy Show:

I really don't care that much for season's one or two at all.. soooo damn boring and dull and such a long time until anything happens that is remotely funny.. (except the last show in season one.. on that boat and viv in that chair sliding back and fourth! OH GEE I Hadn't slept like that in ages!).. (and the Merm double header in season 2) otherwise. .keep em!

If you care.. I absoutely love most all of season 3! ESPECIALLY that jazzy theme music and the fun flim clips in the opening! I haven't seen any beyond this season to give further opinion.. except public domain. and they don't really count!

Here's Lucy:

It would take up less space if I just said which ones I like!.. most all of these piss me off because she can do better! It's like I wanna ask her: Uhh..Lucille.. do you LOOK at these scripts or look at the bottom line of production costs???? Come the F on.. surely you jest (although I like the live action shows, Wanye Newton and that Chinese Laundry one).. those were all fun and to be fair.. Gale has some terriffic moments in these Here's Lucy shows.. As a matter of fact, I think Gale makes/saves this show! (I have only 3 seasons of this series too so the jury is still out). When I can think of particular episodes I don't like, I will list them and tell you guyz why..

Like I said, very interesting topic.. fun to share opinions with you all..

Archived