The Best Of "I Love Lucy" coming to DVD in June

mikidiki

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Best Of" according to whom, is what I'd like to know! They'll put all the old "standards" on there, and leave out some true gems. People who REALLY know, love, and appreciate "I Love Lucy" will have the good sense to get the complete series "used" from Amazon for far less money than they'll charge for this THIN. :desi1:

"Best Of" according to whom, is what I'd like to know! They'll put all the old "standards" on there, and leave out some true gems.

Exactly! My "bests" and your "bests" are probably totally different, with the usual "gotta have 'em" eps (Job Switching, LDAC, etc.) in there for good measure.

Whatever! It's all about makin' a buck, not what the fans truly want! ;)

Exactly! My "bests" and your "bests" are probably totally different, with the usual "gotta have 'em" eps (Job Switching, LDAC, etc.) in there for good measure.

Whatever! It's all about makin' a buck, not what the fans truly want! ;)

But there are different levels of F A N and some only want her all time BEST material and to most people that is the ones that have received the most acclaim over the decades, they don't need to see Drafted or other sub par eps.

"Best Of" according to whom, is what I'd like to know! They'll put all the old "standards" on there, and leave out some true gems. People who REALLY know, love, and appreciate "I Love Lucy" will have the good sense to get the complete series "used" from Amazon for far less money than they'll charge for this THIN. :desi1:

"Best of" according to Gregg Oppenheimer.....

I can only guess which episodes they are

"Lucy Does a TV Commercial"

"Harpo Marx"

"Lucy is Enciente"

"Lucy Does the Tango"

"Job Switching"

"Lucy's Italian Movie"

"The Ballet"

"L.A. At last"

"Ethel's Hometown"

"The Freezer"

I had a "Best of" VHS set several years ago and it contained those episodes. With butchered versions of "Italian Movie" and "Job Switching."

I can only guess which episodes they are

"Lucy Does a TV Commercial"

"Harpo Marx"

"Lucy is Enciente"

"Lucy Does the Tango"

"Job Switching"

"Lucy's Italian Movie"

"The Ballet"

"L.A. At last"

"Ethel's Hometown"

"The Freezer"

I had a "Best of" VHS set several years ago and it contained those episodes. With butchered versions of "Italian Movie" and "Job Switching."

Copy over Ethel's Hometown and you've got yourself a REAL great set there, LOL!

And well they should, the best tv comedy series of all time, now i hope this does not delay the color version in any way, LOL! And i like the idea of an easy access BEST OF compilation as that damned BOXED SET is so hard to get into.

It might be my naivete showing, but are they really working on a colorized set?! :lucyhorror:

It might be my naivete showing, but are they really working on a colorized set?! :lucyhorror:

Are the colors of your avatar pic accurate Daniel? I wish I could see the colorized version of "L.A. at last." And the Christmas show is fake because the walls are blue not red! And the couch isn't green, it's blue! I ended up watching it in black and white last year.

Oh good lord!! They're really milking this cow dry!!! :obrien:

Yeah, I agree! I was so annoyed when the "box set" came out, because the series was already complete, and I wanted them to move on to The Lucy Show. But eventually they did! :) Now I don't care what else they do with I Love Lucy, as long as her other shows get finished soon!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the picture on the DVDs from the complete heart-shaped boxed set a lot clearer than the single season releases. Does anybody else agree, or is it just my mind helping to rationalize the purchase? :lucyhaha:

Archived