The Best Of "I Love Lucy" coming to DVD in June

mikidiki

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the picture on the DVDs from the complete heart-shaped boxed set a lot clearer than the single season releases. Does anybody else agree, or is it just my mind helping to rationalize the purchase? :lucyhaha:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, its especially apparent with season one.

And Ethel's Hometown is one of the best ILL eps ever, in my opinion. Two of my friends and I had an ILL marathon about a month ago and neither of them had seen that episode before and LOVED it, we were roaring by the end of The Chocolate Soldier.

I'd like for the set to have maybe 25 episodes or so, a nice collection with the more well known mixed with some of the show's lesser known gems. But maybe they're going for a smaller set? It would be a shame if they only did 10 episodes...

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the picture on the DVDs from the complete heart-shaped boxed set a lot clearer than the single season releases. Does anybody else agree, or is it just my mind helping to rationalize the purchase? :lucyhaha:

Season one was restored for The complete boxset, whereas the single release wasn't.

The rest of the seasons in the boxset feature the same picture as their single releases.

I suppose it's too much to hope for the uncut Tallulah episode as a bonus. I wonder if any of the hour shows would be included.

I imagine this, like the HL "Best of" coming out will be "bare bones", after all it's not for us hard-core fans, rather for those who may be more inclined to an "impulse" purchase for some of the "more" classic of all classic eps that would never plunk down even $25 - $30 for a season set. They're not gonna give a whit about "bonus features", etc. :huh:

I am guessing this set will contain between fifteen to twenty episodes if we are to go by their "best-of" set of The Andy Griffith Show 50th anniversary. That set, I believe, had seventeen episodes at the retail price of $14.99.

I would think this "best-of" set will include some of the most memorable episodes and the common favorites amongst fans such as:

* "Lucy Does the TV Commercial" (the most popular)

* "Job Switching" (second most popular)

* "Lucy's Italian Movie" (third most popular)

* "L.A. At Last" (fourth most popular)

* "The Freezer"

* "Lucy Is Enceinte"

* "Lucy Goes to the Hospital"

* "Harpo Marx"

* "Lucy Does the Tango"

* "Lucy and John Wayne"

* "The Ballet"

Not including the ones mentioned above, I think this select "few" would be great candidates for this collection:

* "Pioneer Women"

* "Lucy's Schedule"

* "Going Bald"

* "The Operetta"

* "The Courtroom"

* "The Camping Trip"

* "Never Do Business With Friends"

* "Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress"

* "Lucy Tells the Truth"

* "Redecorating the Mertzes' Apartment"

* "The Million Dollar Idea"

* "Bonus Bucks"

* "The Golf Game"

* "California, Here We Come!"

* "Ethel's Hometown"

* "The Tour"

* "Lucy Visits Grauman's"

* "The Great Train Robbery"

* "Bon Voyage"

* "Paris at Last"

* "Return Home From Europe"

* "Off To Florida"

* "Lucy and the Loving Cup"

* "Lucy and Superman"

* "Lucy Raises Chickens"

* "Building a Barbecue"

* "Lucy Raises Tulips"

I would think this "best-of" set will include some of the most memorable episodes and the common favorites amongst fans such as:

* "Lucy Does the TV Commercial" (the most popular)

* "Job Switching" (second most popular)

* "Lucy's Italian Movie" (third most popular)

Interesting. No doubt these are generally the most popular episodes, but have you noticed that amongst us die-hard fans (and by die-hard, I mean active, collecting, convention-attending, etc) that these three are so rarely mentioned as favourite episodes? Interesting phenomenon.

I can't honestly remember the last time I watched Lucy Does a Television Commercial, Job Switching or Lucy's Italian Movie.

Probably because we know them backwards and forwards?? Anywho....I never mention those as my "favorites" either as I have different criteria for those episodes I deem most "special", favorites due to their own merits. :D

I can't honestly remember the last time I watched Lucy Does a Television Commercial, Job Switching or Lucy's Italian Movie.

Well, take off Weeds and get back to Lucy then, LOL! I agree with what Joey said, we have seen those eps so often that we are sort of sick of them. Only because we have seen them so often we know them by heart.

It doesnt help that any time you see a clip of ILL they show TV Commercial or Job Switching

Exactly what i wanted to say, every award show or tribute shows the same damned clips all the time. BUT, when Lucy died and the Emmys gave her the Governor's Award and Bob Hope introduced some clips as part of her TRIBUTE there, they made sure they showed little known and little seen ones for a change, that was great.

WOW, N I C E ! I'm definitely buying this, and putting it with my TCM Lucy movie box, seems CBS and TCM are doing better at promoting Lucy on this special 100th birthday and 60th anniversary than the Museum is. And whatever you do, dun't tell Lucie about it, she does not want anyone wishing Lucy a Happy Birthday by getting these. :lucythrill: She's working on her dad's birthday celebration six years from now, A Book on Kindall and a Bataan reissue.

EXCLUSIVELY AT TARGET?!!!! :angry:

Speaking as a foreigner who has another year or so to wait before Target takes over Zellers this is infuriating!

So from that trailer I gather we're getting:

- Lucy Does A TV Commercial

- Job Switching

- Lucy's Italian Movie

- The Freezer

- Lucy Gets In Pictures

- Paris at Last

- L.A. at Last

- The Ballet

- Lucy is Enciente

- Harpo Marx

What are the back four? Perhaps Redecorating The Mertzes' Apartment based on the cover?

EXCLUSIVELY AT TARGET?!!!! :angry:

Speaking as a foreigner who has another year or so to wait before Target takes over Zellers this is infuriating!

So from that trailer I gather we're getting:

- Lucy Does A TV Commercial

- Job Switching

- Lucy's Italian Movie

- The Freezer

- Lucy Gets In Pictures

- Paris at Last

- L.A. at Last

- The Ballet

- Lucy is Enciente

- Harpo Marx

What are the back four? Perhaps Redecorating The Mertzes' Apartment based on the cover?

Now i see why record buyers used to get pissed when some artists would get exclusivity contracts with only certain stores. Cindy de la Hoz only selling Lucy's TREASURES at Barnes and Noble and now this, only at target, thank God for E Bay. By the way Brockie, did you know that the TCM Lucy movie quartet comes out end of June at HMV here, saw it on a sign downtown.

Archived