"Senior Pens Lucille Ball Trivia Book"

Brock

Not since the Lucy book i have enjoyed a book so much, Desilu was flawed but also great, but this is definitely THE BEST LUCY BOOK EVER WRITTEN! So much geat information about everything Lucy, i love every word on every page, absolutely flawless, well, except for two things, the back cover's Desi Arnaz jr as her husband and co star and inside, the section on WHO FOUND LUCY FUNNY, shouldn't that read PEOPLE LUCY FOUND FUNNY?

The backcover was written by someone at the publishing company without my knowledge. You're the second person to notice the "Who Found Lucy Funny" error. I don't know how that got passed us. Thanks.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The backcover was written by someone at the publishing company without my knowledge. You're the second person to notice the "Who Found Lucy Funny" error. I don't know how that got passed us. Thanks.

Minor things, it still retains the title of greatest Lucy book ever, LOL! I thought, oh, how cool, he made a list of people like John Wayne or Lily Tomlin who found Lucy funny, LOL!

Would love to ge this one day, thanks for the reviews, guess I know what'll be on my Christmas wish list thisyear

I'm surprised you can wait that long, this is a book every Lucy fan should get RIGHT NOW! First you order the book and then you order the Aunt Martha's Salad Dressing.

I was just rereading the bio section and have to say, this is like getting short biographies of every Lucy co star and family member, the detail is incredible and so accurate as opposed to the other material out there right now. Haven't found anything to complain about yet, i have never seen such an overwhelming wealth of info on our beloved Lucy and everything and everybody around her through her wonderful life.

I was just rereading the bio section and have to say, this is like getting short biographies of every Lucy co star and family member, the detail is incredible and so accurate as opposed to the other material out there right now. Haven't found anything to complain about yet, i have never seen such an overwhelming wealth of info on our beloved Lucy and everything and everybody around her through her wonderful life.

Thanks for all your kind words. I appreciate it.

LOL more a case of have to wait... it costs money you know :(

Oh trust me, i know all about THAT too, now that i make in a month what i used to make in a week, save a bundle in taxes though, LOL! And have discovered the joy of shopping at Wal Mart and Costco and flea markets and such.

Oh trust me, i know all about THAT too, now that i make in a month what i used to make in a week, save a bundle in taxes though, LOL! And have discovered the joy of shopping at Wal Mart and Costco and flea markets and such.

LOL I go worse and resort to the clearance racks for the faulty products... most the time they either need batteries or switching on and are fine. Got a $30 toy phone the ther dy for $2 as it didnt work so we took it out the packet and the was an on/off switch on the back LOL Worked fine

LOL I go worse and resort to the clearance racks for the faulty products... most the time they either need batteries or switching on and are fine. Got a $30 toy phone the ther dy for $2 as it didnt work so we took it out the packet and the was an on/off switch on the back LOL Worked fine

Wow, nice! For the ther dy? Is that some Aussie SPRESSION i never heard of? Right now, i'm going nuts buying fake diamond rings in Chinatown that look like the real thing, for about 8.99 each, wearing them gives me the illusion of wealth, LOL!

Just ordered my copy now :) Can't wait to get it. After all the positive reviews I've been reading I'm really excited to get a copy! I've never been into reading, or liked reading, but by the sounds of things, this is THE BIBLE when it comes to all things Lucy!

Just ordered my copy now :) Can't wait to get it. After all the positive reviews I've been reading I'm really excited to get a copy! I've never been into reading, or liked reading, but by the sounds of things, this is THE BIBLE when it comes to all things Lucy!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

It's not only a book you will read one time like most Lucy bios, this one is a great reference book, like The Lucy Book, it is one you will refer back to time and time again over the coming years, it has everything and it is very well done. If you want to know about LUCY, you can read her own account but it's incomplete, Desi's, also too short and not covering periods we long to read about, but Lucille Ball FAQ, Desilu and The Lucy Book are three of my all time favorite Lucy books for the size of Lucy information that is included. And it's fair, not full of bull like Desilu but not one sided like The Lucy Book is with some reviews, but rather like a newspaper, just bringing you the facts and letting you interpret them as you will. It's been on my desk since i first got it and i refer to it or parts of it every single day till i've memorized the whole thing.

A couple of "FAQ" questions/comments:

In the section on Lucy's singing:

In "Lucy and Andrews Sister", although it not actually singing Lucy is doing the "Choo" after "Boop, Boop Didem, Dadem, Wadem...." in "Three Little Fishes", but you don't mention if you are of the opinion that Lucy was dubbed when the trio sings together. It's hard to tell because Lucy (or her ghost-singer) is singing as octave lower than the other two (many notes seemingly BELOW the range of whoever did it), but Lucy's solo line "Church bells will chime" with its strong vibrato does NOT sound like our gal to me.

"Lucy and Rudy Vallee"--I'll have to watch this one again, but the vocals did not seem like Lucy's. I could be wrong (it's rare but it HAS happened...).

(To your credit, you do not commit either way when summing up the vocals of these episodes)

"Unemployment Follies" Lucy's vocals in her duets with Carol are clearly not hers, but they're so nondescript they could be anyone's. How did you deduce they were Lucie Arnaz's?

"Mod Mod Lucy" I'd be interested to know who this ghost-singer is, because she did a great job replicating what Lucy's singing would sound like if she were closer to an actual singer. Those who didn't know any better would think this was the real thing (however a certain Oregon youngster who watched the premiere of "Here's Lucy" was NOT fooled). Mixing this woman's voice with Lucy's for the Mame vocals would have been an intriguing idea. (I'm convinced it is NOT Lucie Arnaz as "The Lucy Book" says)

And finally:

What is this Aegis Theatre Club Award Lucy got for "Wildcat"? Is there any reference to this online? Had Lucy not left Wildcat before Tony nomination time, she probably would have gotten a nod. The competition was not too strong: the winner was Elizabeth Seal in the musical version of "Irma La Douce", neither of which are remembered.

What is this Aegis Theatre Club Award Lucy got for "Wildcat"? Is there any reference to this online? Had Lucy not left Wildcat before Tony nomination time, she probably would have gotten a nod. The competition was not too strong: the winner was Elizabeth Seal in the musical version of "Irma La Douce", neither of which are remembered.

WOW, what a great factoid there Neil, had no idea why she did not get one, i thought it was the Broadway crowd not wanting to acknowledge a tv person or former movie star. She could have added a Tony to her mantle.

Archived