"Senior Pens Lucille Ball Trivia Book"

Brock

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I dun't thin that's right at all, the book deserves an 8 out of 8 maybe even a nine out of eight. Best Lucy reference book ever with not a flaw in sight. Complete and accurate, detailed and factual in every detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Harry (or should I say Mr. Sheridan?)! I just wanted to let you know how absolutely, marvelously TERRIFIC your book is! I picked it up when I was in Jamestown this summer and devoured it from cover to cover! It's quickly become one of my new favorites. I love how you titled the chapters, too. :marionstrong: The effort, expertise, and love you put into "Lucille Ball FAQ" is obvious, and I just want you to know it's wonderful. Congratulations, you deserve all of these great reviews!! :)

Hey, Harry (or should I say Mr. Sheridan?)! I just wanted to let you know how absolutely, marvelously TERRIFIC your book is! I picked it up when I was in Jamestown this summer and devoured it from cover to cover! It's quickly become one of my new favorites. I love how you titled the chapters, too. :marionstrong: The effort, expertise, and love you put into "Lucille Ball FAQ" is obvious, and I just want you to know it's wonderful. Congratulations, you deserve all of these great reviews!! :)

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's great to see you back at the Lounge!

• 4 weeks later...

This book is an addiction. I take it everywhere and sometimes even read passages while sitting in the car, waiting for a light to change. The only thing I've noticed is that Greta Garbo is missing in the section on referenced celebrities. I know she's mentioned at least once, in "The Dancing Star," but it seems like she may be mentioned a time or two elsewhere (and perhaps in TLS or HL). Not a complaint/jab, just an observation. :-)

This book is an addiction. I take it everywhere and sometimes even read passages while sitting in the car, waiting for a light to change. The only thing I've noticed is that Greta Garbo is missing in the section on referenced celebrities. I know she's mentioned at least once, in "The Dancing Star," but it seems like she may be mentioned a time or two elsewhere (and perhaps in TLS or HL). Not a complaint/jab, just an observation. :-)

Lucy also mentions going through her "Garbo period" up in the attic in The Saxophone.

Thank you so much, Robbie! It makes me so happy that you are enjoying it. Greta Garbo is listed in the book on page 178 between Zsa Zsa Gabor and Ava Gardner. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I meant the average man on the street, you know, the ones who don't even know who the Vice President is, or that I Love Lucy is a famous television show. You know, REGULAR PEOPLE, "N O T" like you and me.

Maybe that's the point of giving Tallulah a card? You can't see much of it in the picture, but it kinda looks like it might be a mini-bio or something similar. Just a thought. :lucy1:

Archived