"Senior Pens Lucille Ball Trivia Book"

Brock

DID IT! I hope I answered all correctly..

Looks like you did and you won!

I love the thoroughness of your answers, covering your bases in case these were trick questions penned by the same senior who wrote the book. Your inclusion of the New Jersey Turnpike as the place where the set-carrying vans got stalled; AND the fact that Gary's real name was Morton Goldapper. We don't know when (or if!) he had his name changed legally.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary had his name changed legally in 1965. He was still officially Morton Goldaper when he married Lucy.

Ah-HA!! So it WAS a trick question! (I never knew a senior you could trust)

Does that mean in 1961, Lucy's OFFICIAL married name was Lucille Goldaper? (making her initials LBAG)

And if so, when he changed his name 4 years after they were married, did that automatically change Lucy's name?

Ah-HA!! So it WAS a trick question! (I never knew a senior you could trust)

Does that mean in 1961, Lucy's OFFICIAL married name was Lucille Goldaper? (making her initials LBAG)

And if so, when he changed his name 4 years after they were married, did that automatically change Lucy's name?

Lucy's name did not automatically change to Morton when Gary changed it. She did not change it at the same time Gary did, but she must have changed it at some point if her drivers license and other legal documents said "Lucille Ball Morton."

Looks like you did and you won!

I love the thoroughness of your answers, covering your bases in case these were trick questions penned by the same senior who wrote the book. Your inclusion of the New Jersey Turnpike as the place where the set-carrying vans got stalled; AND the fact that Gary's real name was Morton Goldapper. We don't know when (or if!) he had his name changed legally.

Of course! I didn't want to be tricked, so I wouldn't lose a chance to get this book! I had to write Gary's first name, it makes me chuckle. Haha.

Lucy's name did not automatically change to Morton when Gary changed it. She did not change it at the same time Gary did, but she must have changed it at some point if her drivers license and other legal documents said "Lucille Ball Morton."

I thought he changed it prior to meeting her! Well you learn something everyday! Haha.

By the way! Were you in charge of the trivia? Or somebody else?

She must have kept Ball when they married and until he had it legally changed. I cannot imagine she ever signed anything as Lucille Goldapper and I've never seen any reference to it. Can you imagine "The Lucy Goldapper Show"?!! Or their joint company being Goldaplu? The only reference I recall to Gary's old name was one slipped into "Countess/Horse Guest" when her downstairs neighbor "Mrs. Goldapper" complained about the clomping (of the horse, not the Countess).

She must have kept Ball when they married and until he had it legally changed. I cannot imagine she ever signed anything as Lucille Goldapper and I've never seen any reference to it. Can you imagine "The Lucy Goldapper Show"?!! Or their joint company being Goldaplu? The only reference I recall to Gary's old name was one slipped into "Countess/Horse Guest" when her downstairs neighbor "Mrs. Goldapper" complained about the clomping (of the horse, not the Countess).

It was reported at the time that Lucy's legal name was indeed "Lucille Goldaper." When Gary had his name changed, he tried to get Lucy's also changed to Morton. The judge ruled that Lucy had to file the petition herself to legally change her name from "Goldaper" to "Morton."

Other Goldaper references: Kim mentions grocery man Mr. Goldaper in "Lucy the Shopping Expert" and in "Lucy's Burglar Alarm," a client called Goldaper and Russ is mentioned. Gary was billed as Morton Goldaper for his appearance in "Lucy Goes to Vegas." When Gary's pal Jack Carter guest starred on The Dick Van Dyke Show, his character mentions a friend named Morty Goldaper.

Your drivers license doesn't have to reflect your legal name. Just a name that appears on other documents. ;-)

Add that to your files. :professor:

• 2 weeks later...

Your drivers license doesn't have to reflect your legal name. Just a name that appears on other documents. ;-)

Add that to your files. :professor:

Good to know! Thank you.

I have to say that looking at my Lucy BOOK collection, the Lucy book and the LUCY FAQ one by Harry here are the two best reference books on the lady ever written.

Thank you very much!

Archived