What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

Rumor has it that Viv was approached about returning for Here's, but I haven't confirmed that.  Was LBP too cheap to expand their cast beyond the four of them?  If so, too bad. (And with Lucie and Desi getting meager scale, there should have been cast money left over). 

Geoffrey Mark Fidelman says in his book that Viv was approached about returning to "Here's Lucy" in 1972, but that Viv turned it down because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. But there a number of inaccuracies in Fidelman's book, so I'm not sure if that's true. 

For her part, Lucie Arnaz has said in interviews that part of the reason why Viv didn't work with Lucy for several years after "With Viv As A Friend, Who Needs An Enemy?" aired in 1972 is because Viv had health issues. 

8 hours ago, teenageluminary said:

Geoffrey Mark Fidelman says in his book that Viv was approached about returning to "Here's Lucy" in 1972, but that Viv turned it down because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. But there a number of inaccuracies in Fidelman's book, so I'm not sure if that's true. 

For her part, Lucie Arnaz has said in interviews that part of the reason why Viv didn't work with Lucy for several years after "With Viv As A Friend, Who Needs An Enemy?" aired in 1972 is because Viv had health issues. 

That’s the story I remember, too. 

Just out of curiosity, do you recall any of those other inaccuracies in that book? I know he corrected a number of goofs from earlier sources, but would be curious to learn what mistakes remained. 

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, do you recall any of those other inaccuracies in that book? I know he corrected a number of goofs from earlier sources, but would be curious to learn what mistakes remained. 

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think folks on here initially mentioned that many of his quotes/tidbits were inaccurate, so now I just take everything in the book with a grain of salt. Off the top of my head, I *do* know that he is incorrect when he says that "Meanwhile Back At The Office" was the final episode of Here's Lucy filmed, since posters here have since pointed out that "Lucy Fights The System" was. 

• Like 2